2016 Cut-downs

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PUP list is ONLY for guys who haven't practiced/played at all in the preseason. Janis isn't eligible. He'd need to be waived/injured, IR'd or kept on the 53.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Davis as a kid who winds up on the IR, have him add a little bit of mass and then see what he does next T-camp and preseason.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I could see Davis as a kid who winds up on the IR, have him add a little bit of mass and then see what he does next T-camp and preseason.
I haven't heard of him having as much as a hangnail to be IR eligible. IR isn't a red-shirt list unless you actually have an eligible injury. I'm sure if another team complains about using it to stash too many players, the league will check it out.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll see a few guys limping off of the field Thursday night ;) Schedulers should have made GB play on that garbage field in SF as the last game and the injuries would have been legit.

H

HardRightEdge

I haven't heard of him having as much as a hangnail to be IR eligible. IR isn't a red-shirt list unless you actually have an eligible injury. I'm sure if another team complains about using it to stash too many players, the league will check it out.
Sure. Or the player himself might complain if he'd like to take his chances catching on with another team.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us keeping 6 WR's:
Jordy
Adams
Monty
Abby
Janis (perhaps Allison stays on the 53 until Janis is back to 100% and can play again)
Davis
Cobb

Keep in mind, in years past we sometimes rolled with 4-5 TE's on our roster. That wont be happening this year. It'll be only 3 this time: Cook, Rodgers and Perillo. So this extra slot or two goes to a WR.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

PUP list is ONLY for guys who haven't practiced/played at all in the preseason. Janis isn't eligible. He'd need to be waived/injured, IR'd or kept on the 53.
There is the option of bringing a guy back from IR after he's sat out 6 weeks. The rule is changed from last season; a particular player does not have to be designated for return in advance. Now, it can be any player with no advance designation, but you only get one call-back per season.

Whether this will be a consideration with Janis remains to be seen. The 6-8 weeks estimate for his return roughly fits with this provision.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There is the option of bringing a guy back from IR after he's sat out 6 weeks. The rule is changed from last season; a particular player does not have to be designated for return in advance. Now, it can be any player with no advance designation, but you only get one call-back per season.

Whether this will be a consideration with Janis remains to be seen. The 6-8 weeks estimate for his return roughly fits with this provision.
If Janis continues to practice this week and then play Thurs., if he doesn't add to his injury, can he be IR'd?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, it sounds to me like Janis might be ready for week 1.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think he rides the pines as a game day inactive on the 53 man roster until the bye week. By then his hand will be fully healed.

Barring injury to another WR I don't see him being activated over Adams, Montgomery or Abby whether the hand is healed or not assuming they only activate 5 on game day

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Former Packers:
DT Gaston released by San Diego
K Tavecchio by Oakland
WR Miles White by NYG
TE Jake Stoneburner LARams
TE Matt Mulligan Lions

H

HardRightEdge

I see us keeping 6 WR's:
Jordy
Adams
Monty
Abby
Janis (perhaps Allison stays on the 53 until Janis is back to 100% and can play again)
Davis

Keep in mind, in years past we sometimes rolled with 4-5 TE's on our roster. That wont be happening this year. It'll be only 3 this time: Cook, Rodgers and Perillo. So this extra slot or two goes to a WR.
OK, I'll bite. Where's Cobb?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I'll bite. Where's Cobb?

I knew something was off. Okay, I have us keeping 7 WR's. Still makes sense due to the fact of how many TE's we used to keep on our roster compared to what we'll keep this year.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring injury to another WR I don't see him being activated over Adams, Montgomery or Abby whether the hand is healed or not assuming they only activate 5 on game day

Yeah but they love his ST work.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us keeping 6 WR's:
Jordy
Adams
Monty
Abby
Davis
Cobb

Only 1 FB this year too.

Members online