Jones needs to stay

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know why it is Dillon we need. I hope we find someone else. Dillon is just too slow to get to the line of scrimmage and not quick at all. His ability to run over D linemen is greatly exaggerated. But he seems to be LaFleur's sweetheart.
Dillon can take punishment and he can inflict it as well. No linebacker or safety looks forward to hitting him head on. Sometimes you need that when you are ahead. Pounding the ball requires a back who can take those hits.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dillon can take punishment and he can inflict it as well. No linebacker or safety looks forward to hitting him head on. Sometimes you need that when you are ahead. Pounding the ball requires a back who can take those hits.

Dillon has never become the punishing grinder that we all thought he could be when he was drafted. He's a big player, but he runs smaller.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon has never become the punishing grinder that we all thought he could be when he was drafted. He's a big player, but he runs smaller.
If this team had a bonafide FB I would agree with the assessment. I watched film of the 2013 season finale. The role of John Kuhn had a lot to do with winning that game. A 4th and 1 with the Bears stacking the box did not stop him. A key chip on Julius Peppers enabled Rodgers to hit Cobb for the game winner. Unless our O line run blocks better we will not get Aaron Jones to put up those numbers weekly. Nor will we make those 3rd or 4th and ones consistently. So Dillon is the closest we have right now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If this team had a bonafide FB I would agree with the assessment. I watched film of the 2013 season finale. The role of John Kuhn had a lot to do with winning that game. A 4th and 1 with the Bears stacking the box did not stop him. A key chip on Julius Peppers enabled Rodgers to hit Cobb for the game winner. Unless our O line run blocks better we will not get Aaron Jones to put up those numbers weekly. Nor will we make those 3rd or 4th and ones consistently. So Dillon is the closest we have right now.

Well I agree that Dillon is probably the toughest running option we have. Certainly the second best on the team. I'm just saying that a lot of the talk around him since getting drafted has been based more on measurements and theory than on what he's actually put on film.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And this is where I bring up my offer to Dillon this off season...you will be our FB next year and RB3...here is our offer to make you one of the higher paid FB, with a number of carries incentive should you be needed for RB role more. Otherwise I'm sorry but you are awesome, we love you but it would be irresponsible to pay you RB2 or borderline RB1 money you and your agent likely is hoping for.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather Gute just draft a 250 lb FB, then, on a rookie deal. Let this young guy regularly slam into the line opening crevices for Jones (or other RB).

On 2nd thought, Gute should use a 7th on the fastest, most agile OG still on the board. A 295 lb'er willing to get a running shot on a DL or LB would better open that crevice.

Last edited: