Jerry Jones Wanted to Win... NOW

Reaction score
Some think money can win football games and needs to win NOW.

Below is a quote from "money bags" Jerry Jones before the Packer game

"His message was we got to win," cornerback Jourdan Lewis said of Jones’ message, according to the team’s website. "It's the Dallas Cowboys. We had everything to win. We can't let this feeling keep going on, so it makes sense. I just feel like he wants to win right now. The urgency is now. It was always that on our shoulders. He made it clear that that was the point."

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"His message was we got to win," cornerback Jourdan Lewis said of Jones’ message, according to the team’s website. "It's the Dallas Cowboys. We had everything to win. We can't let this feeling keep going on, so it makes sense. I just feel like he wants to win right now. The urgency is now. It was always that on our shoulders. He made it clear that that was the point."
Jerry has wanted to win NOW for the last 30 years. His frustration has to be greater than ours.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Jerry has wanted to win NOW for the last 30 years. His frustration has to be greater than ours.
Should have drafted better and hired better coaches. He's no better than average at both. Also has no clue how to deal with the salary cap.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have drafted better and hired better coaches. He's no better than average at both. Also has no clue how to deal with the salary cap.
The Cowboys have done a great job in getting talent. Look up and down that roster and there are a bunch of great draft picks. Daron Bland was a 5th rd pick in 22 and is #2 CB by PFF. Ferguson was taken in the 4th rd same year.

I think where they go awry is an overall game plan. Build the culture. Build the team. Have a vision for how you want to win. Get players who may not be the best overall, but the one who is best in your vision.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
Years back my neighbor and his wife went to Dallas to watch our Packers play the cowboys down there.
They had on their Packer green and gold attire for the game.

When they got back to Wisconsin they said: "NEVER AGAIN"

We lost that game to Dallas and coming out of the stadium the cowboy fans with so rude, they tore
my neighbors wife sweat shirt and swear at them to go back to Wisconsin.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Cowboys have done a great job in getting talent. Look up and down that roster and there are a bunch of great draft picks. Daron Bland was a 5th rd pick in 22 and is #2 CB by PFF. Ferguson was taken in the 4th rd same year.

I think where they go awry is an overall game plan. Build the culture. Build the team. Have a vision for how you want to win. Get players who may not be the best overall, but the one who is best in your vision.
In this century, they've done exactly nothing exceptional imo. They are mediocrity run amok.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

That was after the game

and where is your link to the article

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts