Jones needs to stay

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk is he needs to be let go.

He is this teams catalyst

To be fair to the first statement not a soul I know says it because they don’t think he is a good player. It is all fiscal and availability I ever hear.

If I’m GB I’m having a serious sit down with Jones and saying this contract just is insane, we gotta work together to keep you here.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how much is acceptable? Do you try to get a 1 year concession or do an extension?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is definitely the guy that drives this offense..Love has been so much better when Jones is running like this.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I say pay the man. Via extensions and converted signing bonuses. The guy has earned it - and, is good "Packer people".

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks the issue is we have paid the man, he’s made a ton and even has some void money issues already. Over 6.5M in void already

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll get some money from us. The money we owe him does not matter because whether he stays or goes; we pay that. It's pretty obvious he has not been healed all year until the last few games. I think it's also pretty obvious that LaFleur should not take many running opportunities away from him by giving the ball to Dillon.

Reaction score
He’s here regardless in 2024. It’s a tricky contract but I think there’s a way to restructure it so he’s around $20m X2 area.
Maybe not a perfectly clean out in 2026, but by pushing just a few million Void $$ etc into 2026

#33 is the exception to the rule. Keep him I want him to sport a Ring next season

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he'll get some money from us. The money we owe him does not matter because whether he stays or goes; we pay that. It's pretty obvious he has not been healed all year until the last few games. I think it's also pretty obvious that LaFleur should not take many running opportunities away from him by giving the ball to Dillon.
I don't think you can get 17 games out of Jones if you run him 20 times a game.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is going to disagree...however if he says he won't redo his deal you cannot do that. He is set to make ludacris money next year.
What is the exact number on the cap next year?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the exact number on the cap next year?
If nothing changes he will hit the cap for $17.7M which is more than any RB this year and would be higher next year than McCaffrey and ONLY Kamara will be higher if he stays as his is.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If nothing changes he will hit the cap for $17.7M which is more than any RB this year and would be higher next year than McCaffrey and ONLY Kamara will be higher if he stays as his is.
I'm ok with that. I think it's doable. But I also think Bakhtiari and Savage are going to get cut post June 1 and there could be others depending on how the draft plays out.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not playing next year on his current deal. Come on guys. Either we re work it or he plays somewhere else but 0% chance he's playing at that cap number

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offense is another level with him in. He's all heart and soul. I don't care about his age or cap number. Figure it out, and get him back here next year

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he gets a 1 or 2 year ($8 or $9 mil/yr) extension with significant amount SB, the cap is spread out through 2026 more evenly.

Need a bell cow RB from the '24 draft knowing Aaron only gets 15ish touches per game. Jones' deal is done & off the books just when this year's draft pick is ready for extension.