You think Mason Crosby is bad??? It could be worse...

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My other favorite team, San Diego Chargers, has a kicker that is NAILS/ACCURATE/GREAT/CLUTCH; Nate "The Great" Kaeding.

Well as many of you know, he misses 3(THREE!) field goals on Sunday to help blow up the Chargers season. (2 within 40 yards) So when you look at Mason Crosby and complain about him missing kicks, it can ALWAYS be worse. Trust me, I was there and witnessed all three SHANKS with my own eyes.

So painful...

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My other favorite team, San Diego Chargers, has a kicker that is NAILS/ACCURATE/GREAT/CLUTCH; Nate "The Great" Kaeding.

Well as many of you know, he misses 3(THREE!) field goals on Sunday to help blow up the Chargers season. (2 within 40 yards) So when you look at Mason Crosby and complain about him missing kicks, it can ALWAYS be worse. Trust me, I was there and witnessed all three SHANKS with my own eyes.

So painful...

Lol this blew my mind to see. . . I watched the game and every time he missed I just muttered. . .are you kidding me? Kaeding misses FGs?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both Crosby and Kaeding have some work to do during the off-season. Hell go get a shrink and see if that can help. Golfers do that to get their head clear, maybe kickers can to! :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Crosby and Kaeding have some work to do during the off-season. Hell go get a shrink and see if that can help. Golfers do that to get their head clear, maybe kickers can to! :)
I don't think it would be a bad idea for one or two posters on here to go see a shrink.
Ain't gonna name any names though....:bomb:

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I feel that kickers in the NFL are starting to wane a bit. Decent ones are becoming prevalent all over the league but real keepers seem to be coming hard to come by, almost like a dying breed (Longwell, Mortenson to name a few). Case in point, Packers should keep Crosby. He has loads of potential but in today's league it appears that good, reliable, and franchise like kickers are becoming something hard to find. That risk is too high, and I have a bad feeling that if they do let him go, the Packers would hurt from the decision and another team would greatly benefit.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score

So painful...
Didn't Kaeding blow a big kick costing them a playoff game a few years back too? One kick is bad enough but 3???

I don't think Crosby is horrible - but I don't think he is great either. I think he has the physical ability to be great but it remains to be seen if the kid will ever put it all together on the mental side of things.

Geneva09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He misses a lot of field goals that would win the games for us. I think that we could do better in the kicker position, but at least we don't have a horrible kicker.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep him, can't get rid of everyone when they have a slump. He'll be fine.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geneva09 I would then need a new sig if we got a new kicker, Keep Mason he is so much more clutch than Hunter Lawerence, I could name you 100 times when he has been CLUTCH!

Yeah...like that one time we lost to the queens because he missed a FG inside a dome. Or when he missed a FG against duh bears...

The only way "Crosby" and "Clutch" are in the same sentence is: Crosby is clearly not a clutch kicker.

About Kaeding...wow, what a disaster! The 57-yarders no problem...is freaking difficult...but two under 40? From a guy who hitted 67 straight from below 40? And he missed a 50 yarder against the Patriots during the divisional in the 06 season. Lots of jokes about him on twitter, the best one might be: "The Chargers need a lesson on what to kick and what not to kick. Kick the ball through the uprights. Don't kick the challenge flag."

Members online

Latest posts