This NEEDS TO BE READ RODGERS ARTICLE

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just curious, what has Rodgers done to prove he is one of the best in the league? Is it just the stats he has put up? He hasn't proven to be very clutch, he is pretty inaccurate at times, and he seems to get sacked (and fumbles once in a while) every 5 pass plays.

Don't get me wrong, I would choke a puppy to have Rodgers as the Vikings QB, but right now I don't think he can be considered elite. Once he wins you guys a Super Bowl he will be up there, but right now I think he is just a stat pile upper (I know, not a word, but you got it). He has tremendous upside, but right now I don't know how you can put him in the same league as Brees, Brady, and Manning.

Then we can assume Dan Marino was just a stat piler upper too...never an elite QB.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically Adrian Peterson isn't a elite player?

He hasn't won a superbowl. Neither has the Vikings as a team. Of course, you have a man with a superbowl. Of course too, he's from the Packers.

So when you guys want to use the he hasn't won a superbowl montra please comeback when your team wins their superbowl.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW. Everyone on this site is the same, you guys are all in attack mode. I'm just asking a question. No where in my post was I hacking on any of you for thinking that, I was just asking a simple question.

Comparing A rod to Marino? Maybe when Rodgers, at the end of his career, has as many passing records as Marino does can you draw that comparison, but not now.

And to compare a QB and an RB? Everyone knows Peterson is a top 2 back (I personally think Johnson is a better back), that's not a question. An RB can't carry a team like a QB can. Peterson already has won multiple awards and set records, Rodgers has not.

I don't know why everyone here jumps on my *** whenever I bring up anything that isn't sucking the packers nuts. I feel like my post was a fair question, I wasn't trash talking at all, I was just bringing up several points which no one cared to address.

I just think Rodgers is over rated right now, as he is being placed side by side with Manning, Brady, and Brees, when he hasn't done anything to show that he deserves that kind of honor. You can quote me as saying I think Rodgers is very good, but until he makes the next step (performs in the clutch, getting rid of the ball faster, and winning a post season game) I don't think he should be compared with those three.

Just wondering why you guys think he should be compared with them.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So by that same logic, Trent Dilfer is a more elite QB than Dan Marino?

First, ask yourself this- As a Minnesota fan, whose position would you rather be in? Yours, or ours? If you say yours, you're lying.

Yes, his stats have him ranked up there in the elite category. He's been VERY good behind center, and is a huge reason why we even had a chance to win the wildcard game in Arizona. Not to mention the way he performed behind a swiss cheese offensive line all last season. Add to that he's the only QB in NFL history to start his first two seasons throwing for 4,000+ yards and 30 TD's and you can see why he's considered to be among the league's elite.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So by that same logic, Trent Dilfer is a more elite QB than Dan Marino?

First, ask yourself this- As a Minnesota fan, whose position would you rather be in? Yours, or ours? If you say yours, you're lying.

Yes, his stats have him ranked up there in the elite category. He's been VERY good behind center, and is a huge reason why we even had a chance to win the wildcard game in Arizona. Not to mention the way he performed behind a swiss cheese offensive line all last season. Add to that he's the only QB in NFL history to start his first two seasons throwing for 4,000+ yards and 30 TD's and you can see why he's considered to be among the league's elite.

Finally, a legitimate response. And truthfully, I would rather be in our position. I think that we have better receivers than you (when we are all healthy) especially if we trade for Vincent Jackson, a better overall defense (when we are healthy), a better oline (if not by much), and obviously a better running game. Sure the QB is a HUGE question mark going into next season, but I have a feeling if we don't sign Mcnabb next offseason then we will draft a QB in the first round. I honestly believe that a rookie QB would be able to succeed on our team from the get go. I don't remember the last time a rookie QB would have started for a team with as many weapons as we have. Our O-line is generally young except for our left side (which is vastly over rated IMO), and we have the potential to have a very good secondary (minus the safeties of course).

If the Vikings address the QB situation and our safeties can step it up (they are all very young except Madieu), the Packer/Viking rivalry will be extremely relevant to the NFL for years to come.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People need to realize that football is a team sport that involves more than just the QB play, there were many times when rodgers performed well in the clutch only to have the defense blow it. the opposite is also true, great defensive efforts have been ruined by offensive turnovers

Rodgers stats show that he is doing HIS part to help the team win but the rest of the team must do its job to. that is the biggest difference between the wildcard game against AZ and last week against PHI.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at the Vikings having better recievers.

That made my day.

What a joke.

Even Favre knows he has nobody to throw too. Until Rice comes back.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, what has Rodgers done to prove he is one of the best in the league? Is it just the stats he has put up? He hasn't proven to be very clutch, he is pretty inaccurate at times, and he seems to get sacked (and fumbles once in a while) every 5 pass plays.

Don't get me wrong, I would choke a puppy to have Rodgers as the Vikings QB, but right now I don't think he can be considered elite. Once he wins you guys a Super Bowl he will be up there, but right now I think he is just a stat pile upper (I know, not a word, but you got it). He has tremendous upside, but right now I don't know how you can put him in the same league as Brees, Brady, and Manning.
As someone who lives his lifestyle every day based on the care and welfare of animals, this line offended me.
There is enough animal cruelty in the world and anything like that if you really mean it or are just using it as an expression is not needed and shouldn't be used.
(I would have responded to the rest of your post, but frankly I just don't feel like it after reading your disrespectful comment.
And that's all I'm asking is to show respect for non-human animals.)

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at the Vikings having better recievers.

That made my day.

What a joke.

Even Favre knows he has nobody to throw too. Until Rice comes back.

I don't know why it's such a joke. Harvin missed a lot of camp with migraines and health problems, but when he's healthy he is a huge threat. Berrian sucks, but he's as good as whoever the packers have for their third receiver, james jones maybe? The combination of rice and harvin is as good Jennings and Driver IMO, although I'm sure most people here (considering it IS a packer website) would disagree with it.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As someone who lives his lifestyle every day based on the care and welfare of animals, this line offended me.
There is enough animal cruelty in the world and anything like that if you really mean it or are just using it as an expression is not needed and shouldn't be used.
(I would have responded to the rest of your post, but frankly I just don't feel like it after reading your disrespectful comment.
And that's all I'm asking is to show respect for non-human animals.)

Well I didn't mean to offend anyone by it, I thought it was clearly a joke, although apparently in your eyes its bad taste. If you knew me you would laugh that the fact you're offended by this, mostly because I'm the last person to do something harmful to an animal. I was the kid who got pissed when other kids stomped on ant hills, rolled hamsters down hills, and things like that. I wouldn't have said that if I knew anyone was going to get offended, sorry for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts