1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

This NEEDS TO BE READ RODGERS ARTICLE

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Sep 11, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Rodgers took hits on, off the field in 2008 - JSOnline

• Like Like x 6
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    This is why Aaron Rodgers has more class than Brett Favre ever will.

People who did the things he talks about arent real Packer fans, they are people with serious problems.

As far as family night he played his worst game and it looked like he had no idea what he was doing so I dont blame anyone for booing that night. Players get paid alot of money, and it comes with the territory.

3. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    I know i supported him the day he took the starting job

4. The PowerOfCheese

The PowerOfCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Any Aaron Rodgers haters should just stfu. The man is, not will be, is one of best qbs in the league right now. I was born in 1990 so I can't remember any other qb than Favre but I'm a freakin' Packers fan! It doesn't matter who is the qb. Favre fans need to leave. If you want to support the guy, cool. But leave MY quarterback out of it! The Pack is better off without him. I respect the man for what he did while he played in Green Bay but this joke of "retired. nope, unretired. nope.." is causing him to lose respect in my eyes. Aaron has my full support and did when he first put on that Green and Gold. This is Mr. Rodgers neighborhood. Aaron Rodgers > Brett Favre My raging is complete.

5. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Same here. I knew there was things like that happening, but not to that extent.

I hate that pile of **** INT machine even more now after causing a rift like this the way he left trying to cause as much damage to the Packers as possible on his way out. What a drama queen bitch. The guy belongs in a **** hole organization with true to the bone fair weather fans like the vikings have.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Just the exact type of QB you want leading your team- Someone mentally strong who simply won't cave under pressure. He could have handled the hate and vitriol any number of other ways, and would have been justified in doing so. Hell, God knows I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool. But he chose the classier path, and for that he is definitely the better man.

7. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I cant wait till a book comes out from a Packer on the team NOW that was on the team THEN

8. pluto

pluto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    everyone needs to hear this, NO ONE DID ANYTHING WRONG IN 2008!!! tt and mm did what they felt was best for the packers. favre did what he thought was best for brett. rodgers did what he thought was best for arron. people are entitled to there opinions and how they choose to express them. it's just unfortunate that some choose to be azzes when they express themselves. it' is too bad some of the fan base hated rodgers for replacing farve (i remember when fans hated jim carter for replacing an aged and tired ray nitchke), but they're entitled to there beliefs. do i miss favre, yes (i hope he does well every week and the VIKINGS still LOSE!!!), but i'm very happy tt was looking to the future when he drafted rodgers. you can't change the past, all you can do is try to enjoy the present.

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I love this..

Not more than 30 mins after I posted this, the "owner" of Bretts official forum just so happens to post a feel good story about Brett calling a boy that is in the hospital

Seems to me that the Brett camp cant STAND any feel good stories about Rodgers

B4 anyone gets their "crocs" in a bunch

I think its amazing that Brett called a boy in the hospital...

I just find it very very very odd that 30 mins after I post this, Mr Owner of Bretts site posts a story about Brett calling said boy

• Like Like x 2
  10. firehire

firehire Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    I feel really bad for ARod. My wife is a Brett Favre fan, but I am a Packer fan. Did it make a difference that ARod came from nearby Chico. Hell yes!!!! It made me proud that he was getting his shot at being our QB.

I have been a Packer fan since 1963 and I still have a huge spot in my heart for Bart Starr. Brett Favre, not so much. He is a drama queen, but he does love playing football. I will give him that much.

I got this picture of ARod in 2008. I cherish it because of all of the crap he was going through, he was still willing to sign autographs and chat for a few seconds.

Attached Files:

11. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I was relieved I have disliked Favre for 6 or 7 years now. There is no coindidence that the Packers didn't see another SB trip after '98, there were a few good teams.

I think PACKER fans across the nation had a quick jolt of excitement when Rodgers was handed the keys...

12. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    :viksux:

13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Had no idea that Packers fans could be such A-holes and made Aaron the scapegoat.

I suppose with Aaron being a proven and good QB and Burnt Fart going to a hated rival both contribute to accepting Aaron even more so.

14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Where is the story posted?
    It's not under the news section (Which lacks a story on the Viqueens losing to the Saints. How convenient. LOL)
    Is it under message boards?

Are you suggesting that B.F. folks are spying on us over here?
    And if they are posting a Burnt Fart feel good story to counteract yours, I don't get how that's relevant.
    If their story is in a private viewing area such as this one, then what? It's just the choir that are going to read them.:amen:

15. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    I admit I hated Rodgers at first but come on he has been amazing :D

Thanks for posting LT

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977

Yeah message board and yup they spy

17. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,218
    All it would have taken were a few well placed words from the departing #4 to help garner a little of support for Aaron. But it didn't happen. I loved Brett Favre, but he really disappointed me in how he handled the exit. He could have handled a lousy situation with grace. It's much more becoming a professional than spite.

Aaron's right, my favorite QB of all time is Bart Starr, but Aaron isn't Bart Starr, he isn't Majik, he isn't Favre. He's the California kid and he's pretty cool in his own right.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    The BF people really spy on us here? Awesome.

Now I know they'll see it when I say things like "remove your lips from Brett's ***" and "I have no respect for any of you. None. 1 player isn't bigger than the team and yet you hold Favre up like some modern day Jesus Christ. Well, Jesus wouldn't throw across his body with the NFC Championship on the line. David ******* Carr wouldn't. So, I don't really know why you worship the guy."

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977

Look at how Brett fans respond

20. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,015
    Thanks for posting this article. Before Favre became bigger than the game in his own mind, he seemed to be a genuine guy. I think Rogers will stay grounded throughout his career, like Starr has done. We're lucky to have him, that's for sure.

21. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Rodgers will be so good, in 5 years hardly anyone will remember Brent

22. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I remember watching the draft and when we picked Rodgers I was pretty happy about it. I knew that Favre was getting up there in age for a pro QB and we needed to get another groomed to take over when Favre retires. Right off the bat Favre acted like an *******. I understand technically its not his job to teach Rodgers anything or take him under his wing so to speak.......but Favre basically said he's not going to help this young guy or its not his job to teach him anything. Talk about a ******* ********. Rodgers coming in to Greenbay...........and into the NFL had to be scarey for a young man..........wondering what it was going to be like, and this was the kind of **** he had to deal with. Are the spys reading this?

**** FAVRE. I was tired of sitting on the edge of my seat watching a game (many times) that had big time implications.........only to watch him **** it up. Rodgers was more mature at 24 than Favre is at 40. We need to just stop wasting our time talking about a has been. :sFun_DeadHorse:

• Like Like x 4
  23. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    That forum is such a worthless forum. Any forum that doesn't allow for some kind of debate or disagreement just can't be seen as legitimate in my mind, and makes it feel like it's run by a bunch of communists. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's hosted in North Korea or something. I also wouldn't be surprised if we learned that the owners patrol this website looking for articles to post about over there.

Oh well. Hopefully we'll be able to give Aaron plenty of positive press this season that Brett won't be able to match. =)

24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977

At one point in time I think it was hosted by the Packers even AFTER Brett was a Jet...I am pretty sure because I thought, how odd is that?? Not even a Packer yet they used their server and continued to bash the team?

25. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    While Brett Favre was wrong in his actions, I do believe that we, as Packer fans, do need to at least appreciate his years in Green Bay. He did bring the Lombardi trophy home, and he only had one losing season in 16 years in Green Bay. And in those 16 years, he brought the Packers to the playoffs 11 times. And he was undoubtedly a very exciting player to watch. I just think the hate for Favre goes a little overboard sometimes, though I do understand everyone's anger. He did not help Rodgers, he was selfish, and he was a drama queen, but when all is said and done 30 years down the road, I have no doubt in my mind that the majority of Packer fans will remember him for Super Bowl 31, rather than his retirements.

I will admit, when Favre first out of retirement I was shocked. I thought he was actually done. However, when the Packers made their decision to get rid of Favre I stood behind the team and Rodgers. No player is bigger than the team.