World Cup Russia 2018

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
She doesn't want to be far from the Grandkids, especially since Itkovian's little one is battling cancer.
O.K Croak...I must have missed this.....Itkovian is a relative ? :cautious::oops::D
However @Itkovian : Sorry to hear this, hope your little son/daughter gets well soon ! :tup:

Last edited:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
O.K Croak...I must have missed this.....Itkovian is a relative ? :cautious::oops::D
However @Itkovian : Sorry to hear this, hope your little son/daughter gets well soon ! :tup:

Thanks Nessie

But he is a Bayern fan too, what went wrong? :eek::p
Sorry for this joke on your expenses, Itkovian ;)

Not only that, but to be honest I'm not even a Packers fan:eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only that, but to be honest I'm not even a Packers fan:eek:
Oh my, to me that sounds like a hopeless case :eek:;)
Btw - lots of trouble in Munich at the moment, after the famous Bayern-Doc Muller-Wohlfahrt quit his job in April they recently fired their legend Physio Fredi Binder after 36 years.
They said that Binder and M-W are responsible that Ribery is still injured.
It's a little bit of a farce that is going on there in Munich, but I'm afraid I'm OT here, that belongs to the Bundesliga thread :oops:;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Oh my, to me that sounds like a hopeless case :eek:;)
Btw - lots of trouble in Munich at the moment, after the famous Bayern-Doc Muller-Wohlfahrt quit his job in April they recently fired their legend Physio Fredi Binder after 36 years.
They said that Binder and M-W are responsible that Ribery is still injured.
It's a little bit of a farce that is going on there in Munich, but I'm afraid I'm OT here, that belongs to the Bundesliga thread :oops:;)

People have a hard time accepting the fact that even the stars age. I read that Pep didn't get along with the Doc very well.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
13 years ago... I still remember. We will never forget.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well the CONCACAF Gold Cup starts today. If the USMNT wins, they will be in the Confederations Cup in 2017 in Russia. If they don't win, there will be a 1 game playoff against the team that does win the Gold Cup.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well the CONCACAF Gold Cup starts today. If the USMNT wins, they will be in the Confederations Cup in 2017 in Russia. If they don't win, there will be a 1 game playoff against the team that does win the Gold Cup.

Why are the U.S. girls so supremely good and the U.S. men continue to struggle. Granted they are getting better, but what gives the girls the edge that isn't available to the men? I wouldn't mind seeing the men generate the enthusiasm that the girls just have. I admit to being a German fan, but I would love to see world football take over here in the U.S.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Why are the U.S. girls so supremely good and the U.S. men continue to struggle. Granted they are getting better, but what gives the girls the edge that isn't available to the men? I wouldn't mind seeing the men generate the enthusiasm that the girls just have. I admit to being a German fan, but I would love to see world football take over here in the U.S.

We aren't good consistently enough. We have the talent to beat the tops teams in the world. Remember when Spain won back to back World Cups and 1 Euro Cup in between... the first team to beat them during that time in a tournament game was the USA in the Confederations Cup. The problem is stringing enough wins in a row to take us deep into the World Cup, we just haven't beaten enough good teams in a row. We have won 5 Gold Cups, but that's just amongst CONCACAF teams. I believe only major wins in the World Cup, Copa America, and Confederations Cup give us qualified wins in order to show our ability.

Baby steps, but I believe Klinsmann is taking us the right direction.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Kinsmann has the U.S.M.N.T. working together well. They are keeping their shape on defense. They aren't trying to beat up the Jamaicans; better discipline. Their footwork and passing have improved as well. This is the first CONCACAF game were I think they are being challenged. This is a decent Jamaican team.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Kinsmann has the U.S.M.N.T. working together well. They are keeping their shape on defense. They aren't trying to beat up the Jamaicans; better discipline. Their footwork and passing have improved as well. This is the first CONCACAF game were I think they are being challenged. This is a decent Jamaican team.

HA!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looks like a number of these Jamaican players play in the MLS and a couple play in the Premiere League. Both of these teams are getting tired now.

Members online

Latest posts