World Cup Russia 2018

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Germany is playing dominant today in the Euro qualifier against Poland. Goetze puts a nice one in, silencing the nay sayers.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Today, the letter "G" for goal is brought to you courtesy of FC Bayern. Mueller, Goetze and Lewandowski. :D

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Not only did Gotze score twice, he saved a goal as well. A corner kick that was headed towards the goal out of Neuers reach was deftly headed aside at the goal line by Gotze.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The press said so, it must be true
Btw, just read that even Wales moved above England in the latest Fifa rankings ? Wales ! Cant believe it. Who's next ? Faroe Islands ? :D
But to be serious - I don't give a sh** about Fifa rankings but I'm afraid that the English National team pays the price for bringing in too many players from abroad to the EPL instead of giving their own players enough playing time. This cant be good for the National team. Very excited to see how the English team will perform in France.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We are a laughing stock Nessie....but at least we get to tournaments ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm not sure which part of that statement you are agreeing with there Nessie ? :p

The FIFA rankings moved the U.S. up one slot to 28th, and you think England is a laughing stock??? :eek:

I hope Bundesbiers isn't reading this, but I think the U.S. have shown themselves to be much more competitive than FIFA thinks. Now in case Biers is indeed reading this; the U.S. is still far from the heights to which teams like Argentina, Brazil and Germany have risen, but I don't think it's sensible to put the U.S. behind teams like Albania, Algeria and Ghana.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Mueller isn't anywhere near Klose. I wonder if the announcer was referring to Gerd instead and I missed the reference. But the comment was made right after Mueller scored. (Scottish announcer.)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Mueller isn't anywhere near Klose. I wonder if the announcer was referring to Gerd instead and I missed the reference. But the comment was made right after Mueller scored. (Scottish announcer.)

Yeah that's not even close to correct. He's 13th all time now with 30 (I think. Some sites haven't updated yet). He IS however, the top German all time goal scorer in UCL.

Not bad for a guy who's only 25 :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
The FIFA rankings moved the U.S. up one slot to 28th, and you think England is a laughing stock??? :eek:

I hope Bundesbiers isn't reading this, but I think the U.S. have shown themselves to be much more competitive than FIFA thinks. Now in case Biers is indeed reading this; the U.S. is still far from the heights to which teams like Argentina, Brazil and Germany have risen, but I don't think it's sensible to put the U.S. behind teams like Albania, Algeria and Ghana.

FIFA rankings = Comedy and Fraud.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best comment of the day regarding the Germany/Scotland match; "They should have had this wrapped up long before halftime, but there is something of the Black Knight about Scotland. It doesn't matter how many limbs you hack off, they continue to insist it's just a flesh wound and then they threaten to bite your legs off." http://www.espnfc.us/european-champ...eaks-scotlands-hearts-in-euro-2016-qualifying
Scotland parked the bus and did they this cleverly. Tough game for us and it's a pity that Scotland lost against Georgia because they were on a good way to qualify for France, despite of the expected loss against us.
And btw - compared to the Poland game- this one was way more difficult to play for us.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Austria qualified! :eek:

It's because their official language is German. It's the same reason the Swiss usually qualify. Not sure what's wrong with Luxembourg or Lichtenstein... They aren't holding their tongue very well. :D:laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts