World Cup Russia 2018

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Maybe Blatter has been named in the prosecution cases and worked himself a bargain so he faces no charges ?

I

In fairness he hasn`t killed anybody :)..........................................yet !

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bye Bye Blatter. Good riddance. Hope to see you behind bars next time I see ya.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, we can't all be perfect like the Brits

Those "perfect" Brits also have a dark side, They tried to invade our country (the Netherlands) FOUR times!! ;) Only, unlike Spain, France and Germany, they failed every time ;)

By the way, they only thing they gained during this wars, was some small unimportant town called New-Amsterdam. Then they changed "Amsterdam" in "York" or something like that.

Last edited:
I

Those "perfect" Brits also have a dark side, They tried to invade our country (the Netherlands) FOUR times!! ;) Only, unlike Spain, France and Germany, they failed every time ;)

By the way, they only thing they gained during this wars, was some small unimportant town called New-Amsterdam. Then they changed "Amsterdam" in "York" or something like that.

Oh for pity sake !! :speechless: "the ignore button is my friend. The ignore button is my friend !" :p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Audi Cup in August; Bayern, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Tottenham. I would rather see Chelsea than Tottenham.

I

Well at least you guys have a world cup! We only have some silver medals.

And THIS young man wins a prize....lol Thank you Luca, I lift the ex-communication on you. :tup: (not that there ever was one). I PROMISE we will never try to invade your country again !)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And THIS young man wins a prize....lol Thank you Luca, I lift the ex-communication on you. :tup: (not that there ever was one). I PROMISE we will never try to invade your country again !)

Don't sweat it Luca. They tried to invade the U.S. in 1812. How'd that work for them? :devilish:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
...of course the "British Invastion" in the 1960's was a tremendous success! One that was quite welcome!

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Anyone watch the USA B Team beat the Netherlands A Team during the Friendly today. :D:tup:

I

Oops, I think you were sampling too much of your favorite beverage. You meant to post this reply on the "Women's" thread. :whistling:

There`s no need to get catty, just because he`s going to live in Germany and you can`t :p

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Oops, I think you were sampling too much of your favorite beverage. You meant to post this reply on the "Women's" thread. :whistling:

Well we don't have a thread for the U-20 World Cup so I had to post it somewhere. USA reaches the knockout stage! Women to follow right behind them.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thats the USA mentality win everything, which is good but as you know international friendlys are meaningless.

If you've seen how much I get beat up after the USA loses friendlies to European teams especially, you'd understand my angst. Several years ago when Spain beat us 4:0 in a friendly right before the Gold Cup started, all I heard was:

"See, the USA is still 20 years behind in soccer"
"The USA shows once again they can't compete on the pitch"
"The USA has no talent for this sport and they will never be considered relevant in World Soccer"

But, when we beat a GOOD Euro opponent in a friendly, then I get castrated by the same people with comments like, "Who cares, it's a friendly. It doesn't even count". Or a "You got lucky". We never get positive comments about wins over European opponents.

Not that we don't deserve a lot of heat for past performances historically, but at the same time that I can't lift them too high on the ladder, they don't deserve to be knocked down to Peg 1 either.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Part of the reason I personally put no stock in the US - International friendlies is because so many teams bench most of their stars for those matches.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If you've seen how much I get beat up after the USA loses friendlies to European teams especially, you'd understand my angst. Several years ago when Spain beat us 4:0 in a friendly right before the Gold Cup started, all I heard was:

"See, the USA is still 20 years behind in soccer"
"The USA shows once again they can't compete on the pitch"
"The USA has no talent for this sport and they will never be considered relevant in World Soccer"

But, when we beat a GOOD Euro opponent in a friendly, then I get castrated by the same people with comments like, "Who cares, it's a friendly. It doesn't even count". Or a "You got lucky". We never get positive comments about wins over European opponents.

Not that we don't deserve a lot of heat for past performances historically, but at the same time that I can't lift them too high on the ladder, they don't deserve to be knocked down to Peg 1 either.
I understand what your saying, but take it from me as a Scotland fan we have been on the other end of many a loss in a friendly. Eventually you come to the point where its like so what who cares anyway, dont listen to others. Its only qualifying for a tourney and games there that count (Honestly). The USA are good enough, your records at recent world cups is over achivement considering the game is only really a young one there.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, but take it from me as a Scotland fan we have been on the other end of many a loss in a friendly. Eventually you come to the point where its like so what who cares anyway, dont listen to others. Its only qualifying for a tourney and games there that count (Honestly). The USA are good enough, your records at recent world cups is over achivement considering the game is only really a young one there.

The USA National Team is over 100 years old, forming in 1885. We aren't that young. :D

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I stand corrected, however in comparison to the major nations in terms of national and world interest etc yer newbies. :D

That's very true... unfortunate but true. Being around that long, we should be a little better than we are. We've shown we can beat the best in the world, just never consistently. And that's what makes a world cup champion, you have to win consistently in tournaments. One bad game and you're out.

Members online

Latest posts