World Cup Russia 2018

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best comment of the day regarding the Germany/Scotland match; "They should have had this wrapped up long before halftime, but there is something of the Black Knight about Scotland. It doesn't matter how many limbs you hack off, they continue to insist it's just a flesh wound and then they threaten to bite your legs off." http://www.espnfc.us/european-champ...eaks-scotlands-hearts-in-euro-2016-qualifying
this is the closest to scottish hollywood has ever gotten

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scotland parked the bus and did they this cleverly. Tough game for us and it's a pity that Scotland lost against Georgia because they were on a good way to qualify for France, despite of the expected loss against us.
And btw - compared to the Poland game- this one was way more difficult to play for us.
we're not chelsea nessie, that was below the belt

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Rafinha declines Brazil call up, will file to have his national team representation changed to Germany, hopes to be called up for die Mannschaft

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Blatter suspended for 90 days, multiple other officials banned :eek:

Looks like the castle is finally crumbling around them :tup:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Extremely big game for us tonight. USA vs Mexico playoff game to go to the Confederations Cup. Unfortunately, with me being in Germany, the game will start at 3am. Ugh. Haven't decided if I'm going to be early and set the alarm for 3am or just stay up all night, which is something I am not good at.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Extremely big game for us tonight. USA vs Mexico playoff game to go to the Confederations Cup. Unfortunately, with me being in Germany, the game will start at 3am. Ugh. Haven't decided if I'm going to be early and set the alarm for 3am or just stay up all night, which is something I am not good at.

I hope the Officiating has improved.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Yeesh, USA needs to step it up, they got really sloppy there towards the end of regular time.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
We are looking horrible. We can't keep possession. We are lucky to be going into extra time.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
possession is complete crap for USA. They barely have the ball and give it away again. You can't win a game that way.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well this just got interesting. 2-2. A goal for each team in OT so far.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
This is the "Other Sports" forum Robert, it doesn't have to connect to the packers.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Klinsmann takes some blame here for stubbornly sticking to a tactic that was obviously being outmatched. The best coaches adapt their strategy in the moment, for instance the BVB v FCB game saw both teams change their formations almost every 15 minutes to try to gain an advantage. Klinsmann came out with a formation that Mexico countered, and then he never changed it. Waited waaaaay to long to sub players in too. You've got a bunch of over-30's in there, you gotta sub around 70 IMO.

With that said, the players could have been much better. They gave the ball away FAR too often. Dempsey was trying to play Superman and bullrush his way through 4 defenders into the box. Just not smart attacking.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What does this have to do with the Packers ?

One of the really nice features that Robdog makes available in the Packer Forum is a variety of "rooms" so to speak, where fans can get together and talk about all kinds of stuff. You'll even see a section where you can talk about other teams. There is a "Smack Talk" section if you want to bust on other teams; then there is College, Fantasy Sports, The Atrium (a kind of catch all) and even classifieds. This is a very eclectic group. :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
They were all at it its in the nature of the beast, they do what they need to do to win. Bribes holidays god knows what else, the Olympics IOC is just as bad. All these world governing bodies are rotten to the core, the only way to win is to go with the system.

Yeah I'm starting to wonder now if there was a country that DIDN'T pay a bribe for the cup :cautious:

Members online

Latest posts