World Cup Brazil 2014

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Agreed, up until the Messi, Argentina final bit. :)

Germany will have my emotional backing now that the USA is out, since I'm a Kraut-American. But I think Argentina will have my financial backing if that's how it turns out to be.

And if Germany wins, Jogi is still an idiot. :p

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Germany will have my emotional backing now that the USA is out, since I'm a Kraut-American. But I think Argentina will have my financial backing if that's how it turns out to be.

And if Germany wins, Jogi is still an idiot. :p

I'm not in the slightest bit German, but i always support them dont know why just their no nonsense style i guess. :)

Your right about Jogi, they would win inspite of him not because of him. :rolleyes::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's everyone think about the semifinal matchups?

Germany are slight favorites (Vegas odds) over Brazil, and Argentina are also slight favorites (Vegas odds) over Netherlands.

This World Cup has been financially healthy for me so far. Started my account with $500, and am up to $1,800 now. I did ok thru the group stage, but made $1,000 over the round of 16 and quarterfinals. Woohoo.

So far, I'm leaning to Germany and Argentina advancing. Argentina winning it all. Messi gets his deserved trophy.
I hope you dont bet your money on Argentina because you will lose it Bundesbiers :eek:
Germany will win their fourth World Cup Championship.:p

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not in the slightest bit German, but i always support them dont know why just their no nonsense style i guess. :)

Your right about Jogi, they would win inspite of him not because of him. :rolleyes::D
Perhaps thats why we're again playing another semi-final !
We are not playing the most attractive football, I know, but we are constantly among the 4 or 8 best teams worldwide !
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
We are not playing the most attractive football, I know, but we are constantly among the 4 or 8 best teams worldwide !

They would be the first European team to win in South America, that would be something! :tup:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
They would be the first European team to win in South America, that would be something! :tup:

Absolutely true. But that seemed a bit of a skewed statistic anyways. I mean, how many World Cups have been played in South America and during what years?

1930 - Uruguay - 1st World Cup
1950 - Brazil - 1st World Cup following the war. Not hard to imagine a Euro team didn't win it after the war ended.
1962 - Chile
1978 - Argentina

Seems a bit of a skewed sample size and none of them recent until 2014.

I'd love to see a World Cup in one of the Nordic countries, Finland, Sweden or Norway. That would be fantastic.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely true. But that seemed a bit of a skewed statistic anyways. I mean, how many World Cups have been played in South America and during what years?

1950 - Brazil - 1st World Cup following the war. Not hard to imagine a Euro team didn't win it after the war ended.
1962 - Chile
1978 - Argentina

I'd love to see a World Cup in one of the Nordic countries, Finland, Sweden or Norway. That would be fantastic.
You forgot the 1986 WC in Mexico, Bundesbiers. Argentina won against Germany 3-2.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

1962 - Chile
1978 - Argentina

If you include the America's count Mexico 70'' Brazil win against Italy, and again in USA 94''

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats true but believe me or not - I think its a pity that they cant play. In case they lose against us everybody will say its because they missed Silva and Neymar. :rolleyes:

As far as Brazil is concerned nessie for me ''to ell with them'' they would be delighted if Lahm and Muller were not playing i can assure you.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

but not 1966....lol ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
we still won 3-2 then even without the "ghost" goal. :laugh:
We both know that this never had happened without this "ghost goal" :sneaky::p
When visiting the National Football Museum in Manchester four weeks ago they showed this goal over and over again and I said "no goal" and an English visitor said "goal", we both were laughing ! :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mexico isn't South America Nessie. Mexico is a part of North America. :tup:
Hmmmmm.....thats true, geographically. :oops::D
But related to the temperatures and climate that makes it nearly impossible to win a world cup for European teams its South America....more or less....ya know what I mean...? :cool::D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts