World Cup Brazil 2014

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to remember Germany had an awful Euro 2000 tourney out in the group stages, then two years later they were in the World Cup Final what a turnaround! :eek: Germany made positive adjustments to the domestic game in double quick time, and the players came through with the right abilty and mentality.
yepp, has been the Euro 2000 tourney. We even lost against England, can you believe it ? :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
yepp, has been the Euro 2000 tourney. We even lost against England, can you believe it ? :rolleyes::D

I think Portugal and Romania were also in that group. It was a real shock of a result that the Germans and English were the teams eliminated.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Portugal and Romania were also in that group. It was a real shock of a result the Germans and English were the teams eliminated.
Yepp, a draw against Romania and losses against England and Portugal...one of the worst tournaments by a German team ever !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, a draw against Romania and losses against England and Portugal...one of the worst tournaments by a German team ever !

Dont know your opinon of him nessie but this geezer summed up that German team for me, the best i can say.............well he was at least a big unit. ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
That was upsetting. I'm completely gutted. Had the best chance to go thru, and blow it in the last 30 seconds. But 5 extra minutes was a joke.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The U.S. can hold their heads high Bundesbiers. They played with world class, perseverance and down right brilliance at times. Most important, you can see that their style of play has changed and they are listening to Klinsmann more and more. By this time they usually have half the team in card danger....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice find on Bleacher Report
;)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont know your opinon of him nessie but this geezer summed up that German team for me, the best i can say.............well he was at least a big unit. ;)
OMG, Carsten Jancker, one of the worst players ever. :eek:
Followed by players like Paolo Rink or Thomas Linke who played for Germany in 2000 too. :confused::D

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That was upsetting. I'm completely gutted. Had the best chance to go thru, and blow it in the last 30 seconds. But 5 extra minutes was a joke.

Hey keep the faith your still waaaayyyy in it, Portugal need to win by six in the next game and they need you to lose. It could also though come down to goal difference against Ghana. A draw with Germany might see you both through. ;)

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hey keep the faith your still waaaayyyy in it, Portugal need to win by six in the next game and they need you to lose. It could also though come down to goal difference against Ghana. A draw with Germany might see you both through. ;)

It hurts a little less this morning. Still, the chance of clinching a spot in the final 16 in the Group of Death, by letting a late goal in was completely deflating and unexpected at that moment. It's still hard to comprehend.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Not if you are Ecuadorian, Iranian, Russian etc... There have been a lot of those this tournament.

A bit of a difference considering the above mentioned teams losses wouldn't have automatically have put them thru.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
A bit of a difference considering the above mentioned teams losses wouldn't have automatically have put them thru.

True, but they all count. Goal Difference would seem to be your friend right now. The main danger would be that Germany kicks your butts while Ghana sneaks out some kind of win versus Portugal.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
True, but they all count. Goal Difference would seem to be your friend right now. The main danger would be that Germany kicks your butts while Ghana sneaks out some kind of win versus Portugal.

The worst outcome... I have to root for that arrogant **** Ronalda. Actually, I just hope they draw, that would be perfect.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Here we stand United
We'll never be divided
Fight and Sing for Victory
For every generation
Who represent our nation
and Battle for the USA.

Here we are (We are), United States
and we all (We all), can celebrate
that we are (We are) United States
and we're proud to be the USA.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Suarez the nutter, he did it again :eek::D

He has now bitten somebody while at Ajax, Liverpool, and now with Uruguay. Clearly he is mental, deserves now to be banned permanently from the International team at least. Imho.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
He has now bitten somebody while at Ajax, Liverpool, and now with Uruguay. Clearly he is mental, deserves now to be banned permanently from the International team at least. Imho.

This is the kind of response that makes North American fans look at us all like fairies and pooftahs. Sure I understand the purist view. But shet! Meaner stuff goes on at the LOS in your average NFL game or in a rugby scrum. A studs high tackle can break somebody's leg and potentially end a career. What Suarez did was stoopid, but not dangerous. A lifetime ban is waaaaaaay over the top!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
This is the kind of response that makes North American fans look at us all like fairies and pooftahs. Sure I understand the purist view. But shet! Meaner stuff goes on at the LOS in your average NFL game or in a rugby scrum. A studs high tackle can break somebody's leg and potentially end a career. What Suarez did was stoopid, but not dangerous. A lifetime ban is waaaaaaay over the top!

The geezer (Suarez) is quite cleary mental, i dont really care what anyone thinks in this respect, Soccer is not Ice Hockey or Football. He has done this repeatedly. Thats your opinion im cool with that.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lifetime ban may be too much, but he shouldnt get out with any punishment. This nutter has done it for the third (!) time, Sandolf. It must be a mental problem or just lack of intelligence or even both.
Next time he might be spitting at his opponents. :rolleyes:
Personally I think biting and spitting are the worst and most disgusting offences committed on a football field. :mad:
However, Im pretty sure he wont play another game in Brazil.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
The geezer (Suarez) is quite cleary mental, i dont really care what anyone thinks in this respect, Soccer is not Ice Hockey or Football. He has done this repeatedly. Thats your opinion im cool with that.

I can see both sides of this. But truthfully... I am more disgusted by a guy the size of Hulk hitting the turf in the box like he was shot down by a cannon, when in essence it was just incidental contact with a defender. All of this protesting for cards and penalties is getting tedious.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts