World Cup Brazil 2014

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
I agree time for Gerrard to step aside Lampard is quitting also, your goalkeeping department is a problem for me as Hart is error prone Forster is more reliable but he plays in Scotland and is under rated because of that. Cahill is decent at league level but I'm not so sure about at World cups and Euro championships.

Huge lack of chemistry between Cahill and Jagielka, who's stepping forward to meet the ball and which one is sweeping up? Its anyone's guess. The fullbacks have been far too wide, need to tuck in another 5-10yrds each as a starting position, the gaps between CB's and FB's is huge. Personally my lineup for Costa Rica:
Hart
Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Shaw
Henderson, Milner
Sterling, Rooney, Ox (if fit)
Sturridge

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think England will play a much better tournament in 2016 if players like Sturridge, Sterling or Oxlade-Chamberlain stay healthy and keep improving.
They are all versatile, quick and skillfull and therefore perfect for playing a more modern style of football with a quick passing game.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I think England will play a much better tournament in 2016 if players like Sturridge, Sterling or Oxlade-Chamberlain stay healthy and keep improving.
They are all versatile, quick and skillfull and therefore perfect for playing a more modern style of football with a quick passing game.

Are you still in England? Good trip?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you still in England? Good trip?
Only a weekend trip Bundesbiers, Im back in Hamburg since Sunday evening. Nice trip and the National Football Museum is absolutely worth a visit, why dont we have something like this here in Germany.:cautious::rolleyes:
And what I really love about UK - many or even most museums are free, no admission fees ! :tup:
Will be in Edinburgh in July and Wales/Scotland in September/October. This is my UK year ! :)

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Only a weekend trip Bundesbiers, Im back in Hamburg since Sunday evening. Nice trip and the National Football Museum is absolutely worth a visit, why dont we have something like this here in Germany.:cautious::rolleyes:
And what I really love about UK - many or even most museums are free, no admission fees ! :tup:
Will be in Edinburgh in July and Wales/Scotland in September/October. This is my UK year ! :)

I'd love to visit St James Park one year, and since it's so close, I should go see the Stadium of Light as well... and try a bitter or two.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody might believe you might be Yeeeeeeahing because England got knocked out :whistling:
No Bill, honestly.... ;)
England is a love-hate relationship, just a rivalry but Italy is a team that I, and many other German football fans, dont like.....from the bottom of our heart.
And its our bogey team. Now hoping for Suarez to send Italy back home :p

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No Bill, honestly.... ;)
England is a love-hate relationship, just a rivalry but Italy is a team that I, and many other German football fans, dont like.....from the bottom of our heart.
Okay mate, I believe you.....lol As I have them in a draw at work, I`m Japans number 1 fan :D. Banzai

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
No Bill, honestly.... ;)

Yep, Italy is definitely Germany's bogeyman. Now, its going to be hard for me. I hate Suarez and the Italians. On of them has to make it. England and Costa Rica advancing would've been the best outcome for what I like.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow Costa Rica beat Italy, i bet none of us pre tourney could name even one of their players. Yet they beat two teams with the big reputations teamwork and commitment won the day fair play to them. Italy and Surez's mob fight it out for the other place who'd ah thought that. :eek::D

England home before the postcards, now they know what it feels like, im not so sure they will ever embrace a new realism that us Scots did decades ago we are crap and we know we are but we are going to get our retaliation in first and have a party while we are there win lose or draw but mostly lose. :D

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Wow Costa Rica beat Italy, i bet none of us pre tourney could name even one of their players. Yet they beat two teams with the big reputations teamwork and commitment won the day fair play to them. Italy and Surez's mob fight it out for the other place who'd ah thought that. :eek::D

England home before the postcards, now they know what it feels like, im not so sure they will ever embrace a new realism that us Scots did decades ago we are crap and we know we are but we are going to get our retaliation in first and have a party while we are there win lose or draw but mostly lose. :D

Its only the press and T.V. pundits who big us up. English fans know we are crap, we just cant understand the hatred from the Scots and Welsh :D. I always supported the Scots before Euro 96 until I met the most vicious, foul mouthed businessman I`d ever met in my life the day after Scotland got knocked out. Even other Scotland fan apologised to me for the tirade. :eek:. It`s only a game of footba` as the Broons used to say ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

We qualify against them so I know the Joel Campbells, Gamboa's and crew. They are a good team.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Still barely cant name a single player :oops::D
Teams like Costa Rica is why I cant get enough of watching World Cup games, there are always two or three teams that nobody had on his list.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its only the press and T.V. pundits who big us up. English fans know we are crap, we just cant understand the hatred from the Scots and Welsh :D. I always supported the Scots before Euro 96 until I met the most vicious, foul mouthed businessman I`d ever met in my life the day after Scotland got knocked out. Even other Scotland fan apologised to me for the tirade. :eek:. It`s only a game of footba` as the Broons used to say ;)

Thats one of the main reasons we dislike the england national side, they always do it they cant help it. Gowd if only ****** stopped the Dutch scoring that day we would have been through, and you'd have been saved the abuse. We cant even trust england to do us a tiny favour. :rolleyes::p Nah he was an idiot for that. :tdown:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Total Football. :D
Holland
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Brazil

Columbia

Honduras

Ecuador

Germany

South Korea :D

Scotchland :alien::)

Edit :

Italy

Russia

Germany

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
sorry to the English on here. Truly thought you would make it past the first round.

Hope from here on out you can choose to cheer for the Americans. We would love the support.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In the first game england played pretty ok the second game was a bit tougher for them, they should have perhaps had two draws. But football at that level is ruthless they lack something for me, that being a killer striker. I saw Glen Hoddle talking about Gerrard and how he should stay and not retire because of his age, comparing him to Pirlo. I laughed in terms of ability he's certainly no Pirlo.

Members online

Latest posts