Winning Teams

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd have been a winning team if TT hasn't had multiple consequent draft busts, esp with veterans being let go. The ''draft and develop' went a bit too far with no FA reinforcement and here we are. If not for AR12 we'd never have made playoffs this consistently.

Plus our game planning sucks. For example, Jared Cook had 600 yard seasons with Rams and back to that with Raiders. With us, he got 377 yards....his lowest since rookie years. Jimmy Graham is nowhere the monster he's capable of being. We are great at underutilizing key players and are a one man team.
And then the organization decided to keep TT around for advice? Speaks volumes about Murphy.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been saying it for quite some time but have been repeatedly told on this forum we needed to keep those 2 dead beats around because we have nobody else to replace them. It doesn’t take much to replace that amount of production, any journeyman type nfl linebacker is capable of putting up those kind of numbers at a fraction of the cost, it’s an absolute joke what those two are being paid!
Yeah you have been saying it for a long time... I’m just not sure what you expected to happen. What you have been told more than anything is that we have been stuck with them due to their contracts and the salary cap. That is no longer true with Mathews... unfortunately it still is with Perry.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah you have been saying it for a long time... I’m just not sure what you expected to happen. What you have been told more than anything is that we have been stuck with them due to their contracts and the salary cap. That is no longer true with Mathews... unfortunately it still is with Perry.
Obviously it’s tough when we have so many guys that are/were under long term contracts that nobody else in their right mind wants to take on(which says a lot right there) but I would suggest making them earn a roster spot in camp. If they aren’t able to earn it admit the contract was a mistake cut them and move on instead of keeping them around for years and hoping for different results like we have been doing for several years now with all these names being mentioned. Way I see it these guys have been injured already in camp, or are limited from day 1, never hardly take the field in preseason and have been considered a lock to make the roster for numerous years now with the only logical reason being that they were all given contracts by TT that nobody else in the nfl wants, because it certainly hasn’t been because of their on the field production. Time for the overdue overhaul to take place, ignorance and incompetence have run rampant far too long.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody got a link that would explain the salary cap for this guy ^^^^

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
Reading all your "takes" on our beloved Packers here, sounds like we created a salary dumping grounds in the NFL for losers
and TT lost his job as the dump truck driver.
We could even figure in Rodgers contract money as lack of performance.

Oh What a Mess we Have Here :poop:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like turkey to success is some combo of the following:
A QB who over performs their contract
High draft picks from previous years of underperforming
Established running game
Quality veteran FA signings/trades

Ouch

Just to make reading this thread a little less painful, was this sent via some auto-correct device? :)

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously it’s tough when we have so many guys that are/were under long term contracts that nobody else in their right mind wants to take on(which says a lot right there) but I would suggest making them earn a roster spot in camp. If they aren’t able to earn it admit the contract was a mistake cut them and move on instead of keeping them around for years and hoping for different results like we have been doing for several years now with all these names being mentioned. Way I see it these guys have been injured already in camp, or are limited from day 1, never hardly take the field in preseason and have been considered a lock to make the roster for numerous years now with the only logical reason being that they were all given contracts by TT that nobody else in the nfl wants, because it certainly hasn’t been because of their on the field production. Time for the overdue overhaul to take place, ignorance and incompetence have run rampant far too long.
those guys HAD to be signed at the time. they were young and productive. had they not been signed can you imagine the trouble? cobb and matthews were pretty darn good, perry's been a disappointment even when healthy, bulaga was good when he was healthy. you couldn't cut them as the cap hit would have been bad which wouldn't have left anything to sign replacements. the team on the field would have been horrendous. what's hurt the Packers more than these guy's salaries/production has been tt's recent drafts.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
those guys HAD to be signed at the time. they were young and productive. had they not been signed can you imagine the trouble? cobb and matthews were pretty darn good, perry's been a disappointment even when healthy, bulaga was good when he was healthy. you couldn't cut them as the cap hit would have been bad which wouldn't have left anything to sign replacements. the team on the field would have been horrendous. what's hurt the Packers more than these guy's salaries/production has been tt's recent drafts.
Perry is the only one on that list that I might disagree with. He has really only been good and relatively healthy once... in his contract year... It isn’t much of a stretch to say it was a mistake to sign him. Now.. that being said, I was in favor of the signing at the time so... hindsight is a curious thing.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry is the only one on that list that I might disagree with. He has really only been good and relatively healthy once... in his contract year... It isn’t much of a stretch to say it was a mistake to sign him. Now.. that being said, I was in favor of the signing at the time so... hindsight is a curious thing.
yes...in hindsight he was a mistake but at the time they saw what he could be and rolled the dice. it just didn't work out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts