• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You have been predicting the Seahawks demise since they won the Super Bowl in 2013 yet they're still one of the best teams in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting they will win another title this year but Seattle is one of the favourites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and while the Packers shouldn't be scared of them they for sure have to respect their talent.

Well I don't live in Seattle anymore so my hatred has simmered a little. Plus we beat them last year. One would have to experience what I did to fully understand I suppose. I totally agree with respecting them. I'm not calling a 20 point win.

However I do have ties with people in Seattle still and they are "crossing there fingers" on several rookies to return to dominant form. My personal prediction at this point would be Zona wins that division. That's just my 2 cents.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Arizona is a talented team as well and for sure capable of winning the NFC West again this season.

Yeah and Arizona got better(Chandler Jones). I don't know if Seattle did. My issue with Zona is Carson "iron deer" Palmer.

He is another guy I would like to see on the "Frozen Tundra."

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah and Arizona got better(Chandler Jones). I don't know if Seattle did. My issue with Zona is Carson "iron deer" Palmer.

Palmer played great during the regular season in 2015 but struggled mightily in the playoffs. If he's capable to repeat his regular season performance the Cardinals are a dangerous team.

Chandler Jones is for sure an upgrade at outside linebacker for Arizona but their front seven is an average unit at best.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Palmer played great during the regular season in 2015 but struggled mightily in the playoffs. If he's capable to repeat his regular season performance the Cardinals are a dangerous team.

Chandler Jones is for sure an upgrade at outside linebacker for Arizona but their front seven is an average unit at best.

Palmer is a "head case". Finally got his first playoff win and He tried his best to give Packers that playoff game. If Shields catches that pick "game over,"

I also see huge durability issues with Palmer. IMO he is the weak link to that whole operation,

D

Deleted member 6794

Palmer is a "head case". Finally got his first playoff win and He tried his best to give Packers that playoff game. If Shields catches that pick "game over,"

I also see huge durability issues with Palmer. IMO he is the weak link to that whole operation,

There are a lot of teams in a way worse situation at quarterback than the Cardinals with Palmer.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There are a lot of teams in a way worse situation at quarterback than the Cardinals with Palmer.

I would concur. That's why this is the year. Everything is in the perfect place. Don't wanna see some "snake bite injury" ruin it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would concur. That's why this is the year. Everything is in the perfect place. Don't wanna see some "snake bite injury" ruin it.

The Packers are for sure one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl entering this season. The defensive front seven has me worried a bit though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Packers are for sure one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl entering this season. The defensive front seven has me worried a bit though.

I think they will have better pass rush then last year. I like Datone Jones this year in a contract year. I think Clark isn't a true nose but can rush the passer from there in dime and will help. I like Clay going back outside. Peppers got a couple more big games in him. Daniels is solid. I really believe Barrington coming back is huge as he was developing nicely. Not sold on Ryan, I'm excited to see how this Blake Martinez can contribute. I like both Guion and Pennel and kinda pissed Pennel got suspended. Those are both pretty big boys that I believe can get it done inside. Gotta stay healthy.

I believe from top to bottom we have one of the best secondaries in the league. The D has me excited.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think they will have better pass rush then last year. I like Datone Jones this year in a contract year. I think Clark isn't a true nose but can rush the passer from there in dime and will help. I like Clay going back outside. Peppers got a couple more big games in him. Daniels is solid. I really believe Barrington coming back is huge as he was developing nicely. Not sold on Ryan, I'm excited to see how this Blake Martinez can contribute. I like both Guion and Pennel and kinda pissed Pennel got suspended. Those are both pretty big boys that I believe can get it done inside. Gotta stay healthy.

I believe from top to bottom we have one of the best secondaries in the league. The D has me excited.

and I forgot Nick Perry. If he can stay healthy he is a factor.

I expect the Packers pass rush to be formidable this season as well but I'm worried about the run defense as well as the lack of a decent coverage linebacker. The defense would be hugely improved if Ckark and Martinez pan out but relying on rookies to contribute early is risky.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I expect the Packers pass rush to be formidable this season as well but I'm worried about the run defense as well as the lack of a decent coverage linebacker. The defense would be hugely improved if Ckark and Martinez pan out but relying on rookies to contribute early is risky.

I would agree on the rookies but in today's NFL and TT"s system that's kinda how it works. There is Joe Thomas that is in development. Here is what I will say about D. Capers has the "most pieces to the puzzle" in place since 2010. The "Nascar Package" looks amazing.

I am not gonna miss Hayward either. I know he graded out well on PFF but I don't like his tape and injuries. I am happier rolling with Rollins and Gunter. Gunter btw I predicted to make roster last year. :tup:

JKJB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can legitimately see this team going 13-3 or better. I can also see them dipping below 10 wins and missing the playoffs. For the first time in years, they're as close to that as being the NFC rep in the Super Bowl. The big factor as usual will be the "X' factor- injuries. This is a team that had issues exposed last season, and time is running out on the core.
Not to mention relying on McCarthy staying cool and not getting out coached at crunch time with his play calling.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention relying on McCarthy staying cool and not getting out coached at crunch time with his play calling.
Hopefully AR & the offense will be a juggernaut (again!) and have such big leads MM can't go conservative and settle for FG from the 2 yard line, much.

JKJB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes that would be nice and allow me to enjoy the games more this year. Need to see Aaron audible more when questionable plays come in

Reaction score
Although our last Championship record in 2010 got us in the playoffs as a 6th seed, I remember tracking several areas that we ranked towards the top of the league that proved formidable.
1. Turnover Margin/Differential+/-
We were runner up to NE
2. Net points Differential +/- (Offensive scored VS. Defense given up)
We led the NFC
3. Weekly Strength of Schedule.
The latter technically changes week to week, but we played a lot of over .500 teams in 2010 and we were in every game.
Our biggest 2 losses were by 4 points each and one of those was by backup QB Matt Flynn who played a solid game.
We need to be in every game until the final possession, if we do that I don't care if we're a 10-6 Wild Card with momentum. All but 1 playoff seed has won a Superbowl including 5th and 6th seed winners

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I would agree on the rookies but in today's NFL and TT"s system that's kinda how it works. There is Joe Thomas that is in development. Here is what I will say about D. Capers has the "most pieces to the puzzle" in place since 2010. The "Nascar Package" looks amazing.

I am not gonna miss Hayward either. I know he graded out well on PFF but I don't like his tape and injuries. I am happier rolling with Rollins and Gunter. Gunter btw I predicted to make roster last year. :tup:

You're right about the Packers needing rookies to contribute every single season with the team's draft and develop philosophy. There's still some uncertainty about how well they will transition to the pro level.

I agree that the team's secondary is deep enough to compensate for the loss of Hayward.

Hopefully AR & the offense will be a juggernaut (again!) and have such big leads MM can't go conservative and settle for FG from the 2 yard line, much.

Last season the Packers short yardage offense struggled mightily but McCarthy still tried to run a fourth down play within the opponent's 10-yard line four times which was tied for the second highest number in the league. Unfortunately none of these plays ending up being successful. Therefore I understand the coaching staff deciding to kick a field goal on eight such occasions with only three of the down happening with two or less yards to go on fourth down.

Yes that would be nice and allow me to enjoy the games more this year. Need to see Aaron audible more when questionable plays come in

McCarthy doesn't allow Rodgers to audible to a completely different play but to choose from a predetermined set of options.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Therefore I understand the coaching staff deciding to kick a field goal on eight such occasions with only three of the down happening with two or less yards to go on fourth down.
I was (bitterly :mad: !) referencing the Packers-Seahawks 1/18/15 playoff game where in the 1st half MM "settled" for 2 FG's from the 1 yard line... sorry for being vague with my snark.

This team MUST become better in short-yardage situations ~ Kuhn on the quick-dive may have worked at one time, but it became very predictable.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was (bitterly :mad: !) referencing the Packers-Seahawks 1/18/15 playoff game where in the 1st half MM "settled" for 2 FG's from the 1 yard line... sorry for being vague with my snark.

This team MUST become better in short-yardage situations ~ Kuhn on the quick-dive may have worked at one time, but it became very predictable.

I understand McCarthy's reasoning for kicking a field goal on these occasions as well as the Packers had been stopped twice by the Seahawks from the 1 already and the coaching staff expected points to be at a premium in that game.

I'm well aware that the expected point value is higher going for it both times though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have been predicting the Seahawks demise since they won the Super Bowl in 2013 yet they're still one of the best teams in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting they will win another title this year but Seattle is one of the favourites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and while the Packers shouldn't be scared of them they for sure have to respect their talent.

Hardly, and trust me I'll take up PackerDNA's donut bet and stick to my guns that the Rams finish ahead of the Seachickens this year and shock the league. 10-6 is not a good record and they're gonna drop 2 games from that to 8-8, and that won't get you to the playoffs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hardly, and trust me I'll take up PackerDNA's donut bet and stick to my guns that the Rams finish ahead of the Seachickens this year and shock the league. 10-6 is not a good record and they're gonna drop 2 games from that to 8-8, and that won't get you to the playoffs.

Hmmm, last time the Packers won the Super Bowl in 2010 the team finished the regular season at 10-6.

The Seahawks won the NFC again in 2014 and made it to the Divisional round last season, therefore they were one of the best teams in the league over the last two years. There's no way the Rams finish ahead of the Seahawks in 2016.

Once again, you not being able to give credit to a talented team as well as having to butcher their nickname is perplexing.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, you not being able to give credit to a talented team as well as having to butcher their nickname is perplexing.

I know teams about to fall of a cliff when I see them and I call it as it is. I'm about ready to cash in on those Shipley's Donuts.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know teams about to fall of a cliff when I see them and I call it as it is.

Yeah, like you did in the post quoted below about the Panthers before they played the Packers last season while in another one predicting Green Bay to win 42-13 at Bank of America Stadium. :rolleyes:

Obviously, we gotta play Carolina this weekend where the truth will be known, but I just feel like at some point it's actually going to be us vs the Cardinals for the top seed, as opposed to us vs the Panthers because of this:

Panthers upcoming schedule after us

@ Tennessee
Washington
@ Dallas
@ New Orleans
Atlanta
@ New York G's
@ Atlanta
Tampa Bay

Only team on that list I'd give them a guaranteed win over is Tennessee. They're going to lose at least 1 to Atlanta, maybe even 2, I'm calling a loss for them in New Orleans easily, I think Romo being back on Thanksgiving also is going to lose them that game in Dallas, and while the Giants are suspect for sure, never count them out in December in the meadowlands. And as crazy as it sounds, I could very much see the Redskins sneaking into Charlotte and causing a big old upset if the good Kirk Cousins shows up. Those Redskins have been causing some shocking wins this year just when you think they're going to lose. Not likely to lose to Tampa Bay but I don't know, they look like a work in progress that might make a little push at the end of season.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another year of our younger players in Capers' defense, which demands veterans' experience, should help, particularly on giving up big plays. But with no impactful inside linebacker will hurt run stopping and over the middle pass protection. A middle of the road defense combined with a healthy Rogers should thrive, hopefully to Championship no. 14.