• No, but it will be at least 11-5 with an NFC North title

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong. But the Eagles look like a deep playoff caliber team that could present serious problems for our Offense.
The good news is MN plays them first also on the road just like us and we are similar in strength to MN, this head to head game Eagles vs MN is nearly as important as our game against the Eagles.
We will have to be opportunistic on D to beat the Eagles. We are barely above .500 on the road under AR and combine that with Wimm's analysis of our prime time record and that's a recipe for problems. I'm hoping we get healthy before that game because this won't be the Lions at Lambeau type feel.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles are off to a great start but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they fall apart.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the premise on being able to reach 13-3, but I see the Eagles game a little differently. Colder weather, primetime on Monday Night, will Carson Wentz be up to the challenge of going up against Aaron Rodgers in primetime? I know he's already got a MNF game under his belt, but that was against the lowly Bears.

I think Seattle could be a little tougher than you're projecting, but overall we agree. Everything could ride on that Christmas Eve game like you said.

I'm just banking on a big win against the Seachickens because their record at Lambeau Field is one of the worst in the league, and apart from playing that god awful niners team last week, their offense looks like dog crap. I don't care what they did 2 years ago, it's what are they doing now, and that's playing like a mediocre team that can't win on the road unless they play **** opponents.

And they had better pray to god Russell Wilson makes it through the season, because if he doesn't, that Trevone Boykin guy is a one trick pony who'll never have greater than a 10% completion rating.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm just banking on a big win against the Seachickens because their record at Lambeau Field is one of the worst in the league, and apart from playing that god awful niners team last week, their offense looks like dog crap. I don't care what they did 2 years ago, it's what are they doing now, and that's playing like a mediocre team that can't win on the road unless they play **** opponents.

And they had better pray to god Russell Wilson makes it through the season, because if he doesn't, that Trevone Boykin guy is a one trick pony who'll never have greater than a 10% completion rating.
:roflmao:

Going off the top rope on Seattle!

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
I don´t expect the Giants to make it to the NFC Championship game. New York coming to Lambeau with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line would give me the shivers though.

I don't think they're super strong, but who else is good enough to make a deep run? Arizona doesn't look anything like last year's team, Seattle is always a threat but Wilson isn't playing like an elite QB right now, Falcons have a great offense but wont stop anybody come playoff time, Carolina looks to be suffering some SB loss hangover, Don't think Minnesota makes it to the NFC title game with no AP and a shaky O-line, Philly will certainly come back down to earth, Dallas doesn't have the defense or experience at QB to make it to the NFC Title game this year.

That (IMO) leaves a veteran resilient team like the Giants, with a good QB, good enough defense and enough talent on offense to make a deep playoff run.....that's why I can easily see a Packers/Giants NFC title game. Redemption would be so sweet....

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Eagles are off to a great start but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they fall apart.
Me too. I don't think they have the depth to be really good in December and January

Sky King

Reaction score
Mathematically speaking, even teams starting 0-6 are still in the hunt for a playoff spot and teams at 6-0 could still fail to get into them. Sadly, teams that finish with a losing record can get into the playoffs nowadays, as has happened in recent years. Success at this juncture may mean very little in the grand scheme of the NFL.

That said, personally I"ll hold off for a while longer before believing that certain teams may be SB front runners. Every team should still have some degree of hope after week 4. Week 12 is about when things should really start to heat-up.

For example, a season ending injury or two at just the wrong time could demolish any team's chances regardless of their record around week 12. 12-0 may ultimately get a team into the playoffs but may still leave them woefully short of reaching the SB, let alone of winning it. Finishing at 15-1 for the regular season seemed to be about as lucky for the Packers and Vikes as 16-0 had been for the Pats.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride for as long as possible. You never know this early.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Seahawks defense is still an elite unit and will keep Seattle in almost every single game making them a legit Super Bowl contender.

I don't think they're super strong, but who else is good enough to make a deep run? Arizona doesn't look anything like last year's team, Seattle is always a threat but Wilson isn't playing like an elite QB right now, Falcons have a great offense but wont stop anybody come playoff time, Carolina looks to be suffering some SB loss hangover, Don't think Minnesota makes it to the NFC title game with no AP and a shaky O-line, Philly will certainly come back down to earth, Dallas doesn't have the defense or experience at QB to make it to the NFC Title game this year.

That (IMO) leaves a veteran resilient team like the Giants, with a good QB, good enough defense and enough talent on offense to make a deep playoff run.....that's why I can easily see a Packers/Giants NFC title game. Redemption would be so sweet....

Currently I think that Seattle, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Arizona, Dallas, Carolina, Atlanta and the Packers have better chances than the Giants to appear in the NFCCG.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
The Seahawks defense is still an elite unit and will keep Seattle in almost every single game making them a legit Super Bowl contender.

Currently I think that Seattle, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Arizona, Dallas, Carolina, Atlanta and the Packers have better chances than the Giants to appear in the NFCCG.

We'll find out after MNF....

The Eagles in the NFCCG?.....come on now. They'll be coming back to earth very soon.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into the season, I had a list of 8 teams in no particular order, and your 2 Super Bowl participants would come out of that list.
NFC- Packers, Panthers, Seahawks, Cardinals.
AFC- Patriots, Steelers , Broncos, Bengals

Around the 1/4 mark of the season, you start to get a clearer picture, but it's way too early to jump on or off anyone's bandwagon.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't see them winning 13. They have Cowboys, Vikings, @Lions, @Eagles, Vs Giants, @Redskins, vs Colts, Vs Texans, on their schedule. They will lose more than two more games the rest of the season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't see them winning 13. They have Cowboys, Vikings, @Lions, @Eagles, Vs Giants, @Redskins, vs Colts, Vs Texans, on their schedule. They will lose more than two more games the rest of the season.
These teams were on the schedule at the start of the season. Were you pessimistic then too? What changed to make the schedule OMG difficult?

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These teams were on the schedule at the start of the season. Were you pessimistic then too? What changed to make the schedule OMG difficult?

Packers always struggle in Detroit. Throw out the records. It's always a game. @Philadelphia wasn't a cakewalk to begin with. If Wentz keeps it up, it got a bit tougher. Minnesota could easily lose too again. Giants always seem to play well vs Packers. Odell can be a problem. I still have them making the playoffs.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13-3 doesn't matter much to me, not after what happened in 2011. The Packers are probably equal home and away when it comes to the playoffs; the Lambeau invincibility is over. I'd take a 9-7 wild-card with a strong defense over a 13-3 bye with no defense. It's all about the defense; so far, I'm very concerned.

scott cerkoney

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From one Purebred Cheesehead™ to another, if they stay healthy, yes. Clay Matthews will need to pull down at least one sack per game, and help us keep the run contained against all our opponents. If we can cover the deep ball, especially on 3d downs (!), then we can pull out a winning season, and have a good shot at going deep into the playoffs.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far today my bet on Atlanta running away with the division is looking good, the Panthers are getting their butts handed to them. Isn't just Cam playing bad either, Matt Ryan is picking that D apart piece by piece.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far today my bet on Atlanta running away with the division is looking good, the Panthers are getting their butts handed to them. Isn't just Cam playing bad either, Matt Ryan is picking that D apart piece by piece.

The Panthers have played a bad couple halves of football but that interception could change the tide of a game like the punt return last week for the vikings

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Panthers have played a bad couple halves of football but that interception could change the tide of a game like the punt return last week for the vikings

Not if they can't cover Julio on those deep routes, he's burned them 2x on that play.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now they've given up 400 passing yards to Matt Ryan, and Julio's hung 200 on them. Man, no fear period, if they can't shut down Ryan, they ain't shutting down Rodgers. Stick a fork in the 1-year wonder Carolina team.

That 500 Gs is looking good right now.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Now they've given up 400 passing yards to Matt Ryan, and Julio's hung 200 on them. Man, no fear period, if they can't shut down Ryan, they ain't shutting down Rodgers. Stick a fork in the 1-year wonder Carolina team.

I get your excitement, but with 12 more games, I wouldn't be too over confident that Carolina is done. Should we stick a fork in the Packers Secondary?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get your excitement, but with 12 more games, I wouldn't be too over confident that Carolina is done. Should we stick a fork in the Packers Secondary?

What the ... dude we were missing 5 starters on D last game that will be back. Panthers have lost almost nobody on that D, aside from Norman at the end of last year, but Panther fans kept saying it wouldn't hurt, it wouldn't hurt. That Panther team has no injury excuses. Matt Ryan's just plain old picking them apart and exposing their Norman-less secondary.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we also didn't give up 48 points last game, unlike Carolina did today. Gotta say though, Minny's win is looking much less impressive down there now after this.

Members online

Latest posts