Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line is if the Falcons win this Sunday, they get sole possession of that division, and I say they do with the tear that Matt Ryan's on right now.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Bottom line is if the Falcons win this Sunday, they get sole possession of that division, and I say they do with the tear that Matt Ryan's on right now.
If you can tell me that the Packers will have a bye in the playoffs, meaning that Atlanta has to come to Lambeau, big win for Green Bay as opposed to having to deal with Carolina, no matter how sketchy they look.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No doubt the game this weekend is big as far as who wins the NFC South, but the Falcons next two games are on the road in Denver and Seattle. Atlanta probably needs to beat the Panthers this weekend or they could be looking at a three game skid. Ryan has looked good so far, but he has had a lot of problems with the Panthers in the past.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can tell me that the Packers will have a bye in the playoffs, meaning that Atlanta has to come to Lambeau, big win for Green Bay as opposed to having to deal with Carolina, no matter how sketchy they look.

Well, we'll focus on making sure the Vikings don't get ahead too far so we can win the division and get that bye, but I got a good feeling we will, things just seem ripe for it this year.

These next two games are the wins I think we need that could determine whether or not we go 13-3. Win against the Giants and Cowboys and there are only 2 games after those that I would have any manner of concern over.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we'll focus on making sure the Vikings don't get ahead too far so we can win the division and get that bye, but I got a good feeling we will, things just seem ripe for it this year.

These next two games are the wins I think we need that could determine whether or not we go 13-3. Win against the Giants and Cowboys and there are only 2 games after those that I would have any manner of concern over.

These are also games with tie breaker implications down the road.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yep. Atlanta, Philly, and Seattle by my count. And obviously Minnesota for the division.

Though I hope that we aren't in a position to need a tie breaker over any of those teams.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
I thought 11-5/12-4 before the season started....I'm sticking to it. I have the Packers beating the Giants at Lambeau for the NFC title. Then playing New England (again) in the SB.....and winning :)

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. Atlanta, Philly, and Seattle by my count. And obviously Minnesota for the division.

Though I hope that we aren't in a position to need a tie breaker over any of those teams.

I'm not ready to call the Eagle playoff worthy yet.

The Steelers game was very impressive, however, we've seen many times in the NFL that one game alone doesn't mean a lot.

The first two games were against awful teams in the Browns and Bears so they don't mean much.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought 11-5/12-4 before the season started....I'm sticking to it. I have the Packers beating the Giants at Lambeau for the NFC title. Then playing New England (again) in the SB.....and winning :)

I don´t expect the Giants to make it to the NFC Championship game. New York coming to Lambeau with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line would give me the shivers though.

The Steelers game was very impressive, however, we've seen many times in the NFL that one game alone doesn't mean a lot.

The first two games were against awful teams in the Browns and Bears so they don't mean much.

The Eagles look vastly improved over the Chip Kelly era though. I expect them to win the NFC East.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

True, but I never in a million years expected to see total domination like that, offensively and defensively. It could be possible that the Steelers took them a bit lightly, but that defense only giving up 9 points a game so far? Wow.

I'll be interested to see if they can continue to keep winning when the rest of the NFL gets enough tape on Carson Wentz.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Winning the Super Bowl would be great under any circumstance, but nothing would make me happier than to see Aaron Rodgers beat Tom Brady. :D :D :D

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don´t expect the Giants to make it to the NFC Championship game. New York coming to Lambeau with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line would give me the shivers though.
The Giants scare the hell out of me. They are overdue for another "out of left field" Super Bowl run.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Nobody gave the Giants a chance to win the Super Bowl in 2007 and '11 either.
Exactly.

I'll never forget Brady laughing off the idea that the Giants could hold them to 17 points and they held them to 14. Loved every minute of it. I almost hope that they just self destruct and don't make the playoffs all together.

I want no part of them in January.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What I mean is the 2 coming games are platform games. Our guys started off sluggishly in Jacksonville and Minny, but if we start picking up the pace here and getting a streak going like I think we can these next 2 weeks, I feel we're game to knocking down anyone.

So assuming we beat both the Cowboys and Giants, we're 4-1 at that point. Our games after that:

Bears - easy W
@ Falcons - Might be an L
Colts - easy W
@ Titans - Not so easy W, but still W
@ Redskins - Should be W
@ Eagles - I'll say L
Texans - W
Seahawks - easy W with Russell Wilson's chronic ankle injuries
@ Bears - easy W
Vikings - W : Game of the year, might be tough but I just think this time we got the team playoff ready and we'll close the deal on the number 1 seed this game.
@ Lions - W

Just start the momentum and 13-3 calls our name.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What I mean is the 2 coming games are platform games. Our guys started off sluggishly in Jacksonville and Minny, but if we start picking up the pace here and getting a streak going like I think we can these next 2 weeks, I feel we're game to knocking down anyone.

So assuming we beat both the Cowboys and Giants, we're 4-1 at that point. Our games after that:

Bears - easy W
@ Falcons - Might be an L
Colts - easy W
@ Titans - Not so easy W, but still W
@ Redskins - Should be W
@ Eagles - I'll say L
Texans - W
Seahawks - easy W with Russell Wilson's chronic ankle injuries
@ Bears - easy W
Vikings - W : Game of the year, might be tough but I just think this time we got the team playoff ready and we'll close the deal on the number 1 seed this game.
@ Lions - W

Just start the momentum and 13-3 calls our name.
I agree with the premise on being able to reach 13-3, but I see the Eagles game a little differently. Colder weather, primetime on Monday Night, will Carson Wentz be up to the challenge of going up against Aaron Rodgers in primetime? I know he's already got a MNF game under his belt, but that was against the lowly Bears.

I think Seattle could be a little tougher than you're projecting, but overall we agree. Everything could ride on that Christmas Eve game like you said.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with the premise on being able to reach 13-3, but I see the Eagles game a little differently. Colder weather, primetime on Monday Night, will Carson Wentz be up to the challenge of going up against Aaron Rodgers in primetime? I know he's already got a MNF game under his belt, but that was against the lowly Bears.

Interestingly it's Rodgers and the Packers that have struggled in primetime games lately, going 1-5 over the last six games.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Interestingly it's Rodgers and the Packers that have struggled in primetime games lately, going 1-5 over the last six games.
Wasn't my point though. Everyone and their brother was trying to say this past January that "oh Washington has the better team" and so forth. Not many people outside of Green Bay gave the Packers much of a chance to beat the Redskins, but my analysis was much simpler than that. Aaron Rodgers v.s. Kirk Cousins in a big time playoff game. That's all you need to know. When there is that big of a gap, you go with the better QB.

I know you were just throwing it out there for informational purposes so I am not directing this towards you, but there's no way in hell that I would expect Wentz and his team to outperform Rodgers and his in a big stage game. Those other teams we played were much, much better overall teams with far more experienced quarterbacks in that 6 game stretch you alluded to.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wasn't my point though. Everyone and their brother was trying to say this past January that "oh Washington has the better team" and so forth. Not many people outside of Green Bay gave the Packers much of a chance to beat the Redskins, but my analysis was much simpler than that. Aaron Rodgers v.s. Kirk Cousins in a big time playoff game. That's all you need to know. When there is that big of a gap, you go with the better QB.

I know you were just throwing it out there for informational purposes so I am not directing this towards you, but there's no way in hell that I would expect Wentz and his team to outperform Rodgers and his in a big stage game. Those other teams we played were much, much better overall teams with far more experienced quarterbacks in that 6 game stretch you alluded to.

I don't remember everyone outside of Green Bay expecting the Packers to lose vs. Washington in the playoffs last season. It was pretty obvious that if the team performed close to potential it was the more talented one in this contest.

It's way too early to evaluate how the Monday night game at Philadelphia will play out but Wentz has played on a high level so far. With Rodgers struggling against good defenses lately I don't consider it as a given the Packers quarterback will clearly outperform the Eagles' one in week 12.

Members online

Latest posts