• No, but it will be at least 11-5 with an NFC North title

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This team really does drop way too many interceptions.
My feeling as well, but I don't watch much non Packer/Badger football to have a feeling for what is "normal" for missed defensive interceptions. I think I noticed one in the Viking game last night when Kendricks had an easy pick and let it go through his body. Seems like when they are missed, like your reference to Shields, it means more then a dropped ball by an offensive player.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So ... this week's upsets to be on the watch for .....

Houston over Minny - Watt says he will wreck Bradford in this game

Atlanta over Denver - I believe Julio has burned Talib in the past and wants another crack at it

I'm almost tempted to take the big shot calling the Lions upset winners over Philly, but ... ehh I think I'll lay off of that one for now.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see the Texans beat the Vikings but that is not a good offense going up against a very good defense

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see the Texans beat the Vikings but that is not a good offense going up against a very good defense

Could be true, but I also think Bradford is due for a bad game, and Houston, even without Watt has some ball hawking LBs and corners.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just real curious to see who Minny matches up on DeAndre Hopkins. He's had a rough 2 weeks, but you gotta think after that he's due for a big breakout game. The Texans need to run him near the sideline with arc balls and let him go 1 on 1 jump ball against whoever is out there.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm just real curious to see who Minny matches up on DeAndre Hopkins. He's had a rough 2 weeks, but you gotta think after that he's due for a big breakout game. The Texans need to run him near the sideline with arc balls and let him go 1 on 1 jump ball against whoever is out there.

I'm quite sure the Vikings will match up Rhodes on Hopkins.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So ... this week's upsets to be on the watch for .....

Houston over Minny - Watt says he will wreck Bradford in this game

Atlanta over Denver - I believe Julio has burned Talib in the past and wants another crack at it

I'm almost tempted to take the big shot calling the Lions upset winners over Philly, but ... ehh I think I'll lay off of that one for now.

Well, I was wrong about one of them but WOW, I actually got the other 2 right, 2/3 this week. I knew Atlanta had a chance to knock Denver off, but didn't think Detroit would actually pull that one off.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers on pace to hit 12-4 right now without putting together a full game on offense. I think 13-3 is an outside possibility. They will probably lose one they shouldn't but right now the Cowboys, Falcons, Eagles, Seahawks and Vikings are still tough teams on the schedule. Is it 5 losses for those 5 teams?

I think the Texans Colts titans lions redskins and bears twice are games they should win but they probably lose 1. So win 3 of the 5 above (3 are at home) and 6 of 7 and 12 wins is where you sit. If 13 is what you are shooting for you might need to sweep those 7 or obviously pull out 4 of the tough 5. I think they will take Cowboys and Eagles of the big 5. That would leave 2 of Falcons Seahawks and vikings

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always we have the potential, but outside of moments, this hasn't been a 13-3 team. Lots of work to be done and if they can't get consistent on offense and flip a field on special teams we're going to get beat by the good teams unless we catch them on an off day

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
As always we have the potential, but outside of moments, this hasn't been a 13-3 team. Lots of work to be done and if they can't get consistent on offense and flip a field on special teams we're going to get beat by the good teams unless we catch them on an off day
They haven't looked like a 13-3 team so far, but I think they have the roster that could bring a 13-3 record home. No one is licking their chops seeing us on their schedule.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers on pace to hit 12-4 right now without putting together a full game on offense. I think 13-3 is an outside possibility. They will probably lose one they shouldn't but right now the Cowboys, Falcons, Eagles, Seahawks and Vikings are still tough teams on the schedule. Is it 5 losses for those 5 teams?

I think the Texans Colts titans lions redskins and bears twice are games they should win but they probably lose 1. So win 3 of the 5 above (3 are at home) and 6 of 7 and 12 wins is where you sit. If 13 is what you are shooting for you might need to sweep those 7 or obviously pull out 4 of the tough 5. I think they will take Cowboys and Eagles of the big 5. That would leave 2 of Falcons Seahawks and vikings

As I mentioned in another thread, the Cowboys have me concerned but if Lacy isn't a scratch for that game and we dump Starks out of here, I think we beat them. It'll be close like this last game I bet, but hopefully we find a way to do it.

I don't see us losing to that trash o-line Seahawks team, especially not in Lambeau. NFC West is terribad this year and they aren't beating any good teams. Vikings game will be tough, but this time we're not going to let them spoil the division title on Christmas Eve.

The Falcons should have everyone most concerned after how they beat Denver yesterday, and even though the Eagles lost to Detroit yesterday, my concerns about them haven't alleviated yet. So Atlanta and Philly would probably be our 2 remaining losses, but we shouldn't lose to anyone else in the AFC South or NFC East.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we put up an 11-5 option but with a wild card? Not that I don't think the Packers will win the rematch against the Vikings but I just don't see 5 or more losses on the Vikings schedule. Outside the NFC North, they play Philly (away), Cards (home), Cowboys (home), Jags (away) and Colts (home). They might (MIGHT) lose two of those games. So I'm just not sure how the Packers overtake the Vikings for the NFC North Crown short of injury crippling the Vikings defense.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we put up an 11-5 option but with a wild card? Not that I don't think the Packers will win the rematch against the Vikings but I just don't see 5 or more losses on the Vikings schedule. Outside the NFC North, they play Philly (away), Cards (home), Cowboys (home), Jags (away) and Colts (home). They might (MIGHT) lose two of those games. So I'm just not sure how the Packers overtake the Vikings for the NFC North Crown short of injury crippling the Vikings defense.

You realize the Packers are one game behind and get them at home right? They honestly just need to match the vikings here on out of play for the division the last week. Hope the vikings drop and division game

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize the Packers are one game behind and get them at home right? They honestly just need to match the vikings here on out of play for the division the last week. Hope the vikings drop and division game

Yes, I'm aware of the standings (it's not that hard to remember one loss :(). The Vikings, right now, are playing better than the Packers and their schedules aren't appreciably different as far as difficulty goes though I think the Vikings actually have an easier schedule going forward because they play the Cardinals instead of the Seahawks, and the Cardinals aren't playing very well right now, and the Vikings just demolished a pretty good Texans team that the Packers still have to play.

So, yeah, I don't imagine the Packers go 15-1 this season and I don't think the Vikings will go 16-0 either but all things considered I don't see a reason (other than homerism) to conclude that the Vikings will lose one more game going forward than the Packers.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I'm aware of the standings (it's not that hard to remember one loss :(). The Vikings, right now, are playing better than the Packers and their schedules aren't appreciably different as far as difficulty goes though I think the Vikings actually have an easier schedule going forward because they play the Cardinals instead of the Seahawks, and the Cardinals aren't playing very well right now, and the Vikings just demolished a pretty good Texans team that the Packers still have to play.

So, yeah, I don't imagine the Packers go 15-1 this season and I don't think the Vikings will go 16-0 either but all things considered I don't see a reason (other than homerism) to conclude that the Vikings will lose one more game going forward than the Packers.

Huh? What are you even suggesting? You just like to hear yourself talk?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who knows though, if Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford are both on their A-Game when Minny plays them...

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things can certainly change. As of now, l don't see them as a 13 win team. The fact they struggled against that Giants secondary is worrisome. I don't like what l am seeing. I haven't for a year now....

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? What are you even suggesting? You just like to hear yourself talk?

It was fairly straight forward but I'll clarify. The Vikings currently lead the Packers. The Vikings have an easier schedule. Hence (that means due to the factors I've previously listed), I think the Packers will have a tough time catching and passing the Vikings in the standings.

And no, I don't like to listen to myself talk, if that was the case I would be in a debate club. I do however find the clickity-clack melody of a keyboard soothing, hence my activity on a message board.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was fairly straight forward but I'll clarify. The Vikings currently lead the Packers. The Vikings have an easier schedule. Hence (that means due to the factors I've previously listed), I think the Packers will have a tough time catching and passing the Vikings in the standings.

And no, I don't like to listen to myself talk, if that was the case I would be in a debate club. I do however find the clickity-clack melody of a keyboard soothing, hence my activity on a message board.

Thats very interesting that you find the "clickity clack soothing", but you don't like to hear yourself talk..........Did you have a...............certain special relationship with someone your family called "uncle" when you were young?
The Packers will catch and pass the Vikings! The wheels always seem to fall off for the Vikings because if you haven't noticed, they have some type of drama each year. It's going to happen again. I know it and you know it. It's all part of the Vikings character make up. Ohhhhhhh boy! I'll get the popcorn!

DS

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats very interesting that you find the "clickity clack soothing", but you don't like to hear yourself talk..........Did you have a...............certain special relationship with someone your family called "uncle" when you were young?
The Packers will catch and pass the Vikings! The wheels always seem to fall off for the Vikings because if you haven't noticed, they have some type of drama each year. It's going to happen again. I know it and you know it. It's all part of the Vikings character make up. Ohhhhhhh boy! I'll get the popcorn!

DS

I tend to think there's some truth in both of this. Sunshine is right in that the Vikings are granted a pretty favorable schedule. They had the Panthers who are fighting just to stay out of the cellar while we got the Falcons, who just went into Denver and beat what most people thought was an impenetrable defense, Paxton Lynch's debut notwithstanding. And yeah, getting the Cardinals this year also looks good for them, considering Carson Palmer is becoming an injury liability and really playing poorly to boot anyway.

Now, given how crazy this league is, I wouldn't put it past them to trip up in some way down the road, and if they lose just enough to stay tied with us on Christmas Eve, I'll take it because at least then that game will be for the division, and we'll win it.

Now... on another thought, let's not forget the 2010 Chicago Bears had a similar route to this year's Viking team and won the division over us due to an easier schedule, few injuries, and a staunch defense. In the end though, we had the last laugh. Now Bradford probably isn't Cutler, but still the playoffs can be pretty brutal to QBs who are new to them, not to mention the Vikings last few trips to the NFC Championship have been unforgettable to say the least.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DS

I can see that you were attempting humor but I'll simply point out that I'm not real sure how what you're implying is a) funny or b) has much to do with clickity-clack...I mean, a joke along the lines of, "did you have a certain private affinity for trains when you were younger?" would probably have been a little better ;)

Also, I prefer to base my actual thoughts on how the season will turn out by looking at what the teams are currently doing, not hope. Hope didn't work out too well last season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts