• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If you can't seriously see and understand that this is not the same guy anymore and is - over a prolonged period of time- having serious issues with technique, happy feet, throwing off his back foot, decision making, etc,etc, such as you'd expect from a rookie from a div.3 school- then I don't know what to say to you either.
You can think that all you want. He will have the last laugh though.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can think that all you want. He will have the last laugh though.

I hope you're right. Not meant to take a slap at you- your posts have given well thought out examples to back up your thoughts- but this is deep seated enough, and has gone on long enough, for me to think it'll just be okay. It's show me time.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I hope you're right. Not meant to take a slap at you- your posts have given well thought out examples to back up your thoughts- but this is deep seated enough, and has gone on long enough, for me to think it'll just be okay. It's show me time.
Oh yeah no doubt. It's all in good fun! I certainly understand everyone's frustration, and it's definitely getting to be put up or shut up time, without question. Like I said a couple days ago, we all have the same idea and the same desire - for this team to be the absolute best it can be.

I know things have been bad for quite a while, but from my perspective I have just seen too much greatness and pure talent to doubt #12. Hopefully he shows us sooner than later.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The number 1 seed is coming through the NFC North, between us and the Vikings.

Panthers are frauds, their smoke and mirror show last year was shown to be a phony on full display on TV and Cam looked like hot garbage. They're gonna lose that division to Atlanta, I'll bet 500 grand on it.

NFC West is a joke too, good teams don't lose to the awful Bills, almost get beat at home by Miami, or l0se to Rams teams that cant score TDs.

Aside from maybe the Giants or Eagles doing something bigger, the road to Houston is going through Green Bay or Minny.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not impressed with the NFC so far this year. The Panthers now have 2 losses and havent looked great. The Cardinals have the same issues. The Vikings are maybe the best team in the NFC currently.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not impressed with the NFC so far this year. The Panthers now have 2 losses and havent looked great. The Cardinals have the same issues. The Vikings are maybe the best team in the NFC currently.

And I think we can catch the Vikes at some point. No doubt they'll have a winning season, but Bradford's inconsistent play will do em in for a few losses along the way. That game on Christmas Eve though is gonna be for all the marbles and a hell of a game to watch.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I think we can catch the Vikes at some point. No doubt they'll have a winning season, but Bradford's inconsistent play will do em in for a few losses along the way. That game on Christmas Eve though is gonna be for all the marbles and a hell of a game to watch.

Yeah it will be a tight finish. Hopefully the Packers can get healthy on defense and make a run. The thing that has impressed with the Vikings has been in game adjustments. They were just brutal on offense and not great on defense in the first half of the game today - punt return kept the game close. But in the second half the defense found what worked and just dominated. They dont seem to panic. All that said I think they are very beatable for this Packers team. Not saying the Packers are better but that game last Sunday showed the Packers are right there with the Vikings

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should add Philly. What they are doing is incredible. 3 game in coach of the year race is Pederson and Zimmer

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should add Philly. What they are doing is incredible. 3 game in coach of the year race is Pederson and Zimmer

Philly got a steal when they brought Jim Schwartz on as defensive coordinator, that guy knows what he's doing there. Yeah he's a bum as a head coach, but a very good DC no doubt.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really buy into the narrative that conferences have up or down years. With half the NFL in each you're going to end up with some really nice competition at some point in the playoffs regardless. I'm also not sure if I would label any team that reaches the Super Bowl, "frauds." Maybe I just prefer the term "chokers." lol

I am however, definitely buying both our Packers and the Vikings as contenders this year. If anyone still doubts the impact of elite defenses, even after the Broncos, Seahawks etc. of the past few years, take a look at this Vikings defense. And if the Packers can get healthy on their back-end I'm not sure their too far behind as the run defense currently sits, nevermind that bad, bad man behind center getting in a groove.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really buy into the narrative that conferences have up or down years. With half the NFL in each you're going to end up with some really nice competition at some point in the playoffs regardless. I'm also not sure if I would label any team that reaches the Super Bowl, "frauds." Maybe I just prefer the term "chokers." lol

I am however, definitely buying both our Packers and the Vikings as contenders this year. If anyone still doubts the impact of elite defenses, even after the Broncos, Seahawks etc. of the past few years, take a look at this Vikings defense. And if the Packers can get healthy on their back-end I'm not sure their too far behind as the run defense currently sits, nevermind that bad, bad man behind center getting in a groove.

Doesn't matter what they did last year, it's what do you have this year and I'll tell you exactly what they have, an absolute dumpster fire down in Charlotte. I saw every minute of it. Good teams don't get their ***** kicked at home, or have dumb QBs who gets sacked 8x and throw 3 picks. Last year, beneficiaries of an easy peasy schedule playing all teams with no defense .... until Denver. This year, they actually have to play real teams and this is what they got, a team going 6-10. HEH, yeah Kelvin Benjamin has sure boosted their offense alright. What a joke.

All that to say, neither Carolina, nor anyone in the NFC West is going to go anywhere. I mean obviously someone's gotta win that NFC West division, at it'll probably be Seattle if Carson Palmer continues to stink it up in AZ. But I just think the NFC West could be the 2nd-worst division in football this year, next to the AFC South.

Yeah, right now I'll say it's a 3-man race between us, Minny, and Philly.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The number 1 seed is coming through the NFC North, between us and the Vikings.

Panthers are frauds, their smoke and mirror show last year was shown to be a phony on full display on TV and Cam looked like hot garbage. They're gonna lose that division to Atlanta, I'll bet 500 grand on it.

NFC West is a joke too, good teams don't lose to the awful Bills, almost get beat at home by Miami, or l0se to Rams teams that cant score TDs.

Aside from maybe the Giants or Eagles doing something bigger, the road to Houston is going through Green Bay or Minny.

I think the Panthers will be there at the end. They've played the two best defenses in the NFL in the first three weeks. $500k Atlanta wins the division? (Checks wallet)...Can I get odds?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like that article, although I think we need to see this offense string together multiple games like today and a little more complete in the 4 quarters before jumping the gun. There is no doubt Aaron Rodgers looked much more decisive, seemed to trust his instincts, and got away (for the most part) from the old Favre-ball back yard football style of play that drove us nuts last week.

But, make no mistake this Lions' D is not Minny's and was missing starters like ours. What this team needs to do now is exorcise the NYG demons in 2 weeks, show up against the Cowboys who seem to have Prescott on a roll now, and then we can go from there.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Philly looks good right now, but let's not jump the gun too quickly. I do agree about Minny though, especially if Bradford is able to stay healthy. That defense is legit, and again, I find it comical that so many were on suicide watch after our game against them after how awful they made Cam look today.

But I do agree that Carolina isn't right. Something is a miss there, and Arizona seems fraudulent especially when you have Carson Palmer shrinking and making big mistakes. Seattle looked a lot better today, but they beat up on a lousy football team and looked very pedestrian offensively in the first two games.

I'm extremely happy that we have 2 weeks to prepare for the Giants. If we can notch a win against them, not only could it potentially have tie breaker ramifications later on, it puts us in a great position to bank another win and take advantage of a laughably watered down schedule.

By the way - I'll be interested to see how Minnesota performs over the next 3 games - home to Giants, home to Texans, and at Eagles.

Last edited:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly looks good right now, but let's not jump the gun too quickly. I do agree about Minny though, especially if Bradford is able to stay healthy. That defense is legit, and again, I find it comical that so many were on suicide watch after our game against them after how awful they made Cam look today.

But I do agree that Carolina isn't right. Something is a miss

By the way - I'll be interested to see how Minnesota performs over the next 3 games - At Giants, home to Texans, and at Eagles.

But I do agree that Carolina isn't right. Something is a miss there, and Arizona seems fraudulent especially when you have Carson Palmer shrinking and making big mistakes. Seattle looked a lot better today, but they beat up on a lousy football team and looked very pedestrian offensively in the first two games.

I'm extremely happy that we have 2 weeks to prepare for the Giants. If we can notch a win against them, not only could it potentially have tie breaker ramifications later on, it puts us in a great position to bank another win and take advantage of a laughably watered down schedule.

By the way - I'll be interested to see how Minnesota performs over the next 3 games - At Giants, home to Texans, and at Eagles.

The Queens play the Giants at home next Monday night.

D

Deleted member 6794

Currently the Vikings and Eagles have been the only impressive teams in the NFC during the first three weeks. It's still too early to jump to conclusions though.

I expect the Packers, Carolina, Seattle and Arizona to compete for the conference crown as well.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently the Vikings and Eagles have been the only impressive teams in the NFC during the first three weeks. It's still too early to jump to conclusions though.

I expect the Packers, Carolina, Seattle and Arizona to compete for the conference crown as well.

I think Seattle is the most likely of that group as they have started slow before and if their offense starts to click a little they are fine.

The Packers have been the best of those 4. They were one drive away from beating the consensus number 1 team in the NFC on the road.

If you want to figure out a key part of the Vikings and Eagles success look at turnover differential. Vikings are plus 8 and Eagles are plus 6 top 2 in the NFL. Packers are even.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Seattle is the most likely of that group as they have started slow before and if their offense starts to click a little they are fine.

The Packers have been the best of those 4. They were one drive away from beating the consensus number 1 team in the NFC on the road.

If you want to figure out a key part of the Vikings and Eagles success look at turnover differential. Vikings are plus 8 and Eagles are plus 6 top 2 in the NFL. Packers are even.

There's no doubt turnover differential is an important factor in being successful. It's amazing the Eagles haven't turned the ball over so far this season while starting a rookie quarterback from an FCS school.

Once again, while Carolina and Arizona have struggled so far it's too early to write them off as both teams have a ton of talent.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt turnover differential is an important factor in being successful. It's amazing the Eagles haven't turned the ball over so far this season while starting a rookie quarterback from an FCS school.

Once again, while Carolina and Arizona have struggled so far it's too early to write them off as both teams have a ton of talent.

I am not completely writing those two teams off but I saw parts of both games yesterday and they looked flat. They are still probably in the top 6 since the NFC has some pretty bad teams.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Panthers will be there at the end. They've played the two best defenses in the NFL in the first three weeks. $500k Atlanta wins the division? (Checks wallet)...Can I get odds?

If they beat the Saints tonight, they are going to run away with the division. Carolina's been losing to teams with junky WRs and picked apart by the likes of Trevor Seimien and Sam Bradford. Matt Ryan's going to hang 400 passing yards on them, BOOK IT.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts