• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

what are you having difficulty with?
I'm a Vikings fan because I know theyll do well?
If Kaepernick goes there you'll not be too happy about it.

As of right now the Vikings quarterback depth chart includes Shaun Hill, Joel Stave and Brad Sorensen. There's no way Minnesota wins five out of seven games with any of them starting.

Kaepernick has significantly regressed over the past two years and in addition the Vikings currently don't have the necessary cap space to acquire him.

You're not taking a realistic approach but are just posting to stir up some controversy.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, in agreement with Captain, there is no talk of Colin Kaepernick heading to Minnesota, and I can't see Zimmer having any interest.

Look, I'm generous enough towards Minny, and will give Bridgewater plenty of credit for being able to run the offense. He doesn't have to be great, just efficient enough, and he is enough so that he's their best chance to win. If he hadn't gone down, I can be open enough to give them a playoff spot. But starting the perennial journeyman Shaun Hill who's never made it through about 8 games max without being benched, and then Sorensen and Stave? That's not wins coming out of Minny, that's losses.

I wasn't thinking Chicago would do anything this year, but with this current situation in Minny, the door might have just opened up for them to take 2nd.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kap with his recent stunt of wearing socks with a picture of a pig wearing a police hat isn't helping much.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of right now the Vikings quarterback depth chart includes Shaun Hill, Joel Stave and Brad Sorensen. There's no way Minnesota wins five out of seven games with any of them starting.

Kaepernick has significantly regressed over the past two years and in addition the Vikings currently don't have the necessary cap space to acquire him.

You're not taking a realistic approach but are just posting to stir up some controversy.

Use google,there's plenty of talk about it happenong.
Within one to three weeks something will happen. If being able to think independently stirs up controversy,that's not a negative thing.
What you mean to say is I don't think like you and you don't like that. Tough cheese my friend,tough cheese.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You missed the point. The comment wasn't football related. Maybe this will make it clearer (from a previous post you made):
We here like to think differently about this. I've been on various boards and forums for much longer and yes they are different. Each has its own culture and acceptance level. Moderators, rules, and anonymity influence the board and interactions of the posters.
Yep, if you are truly objective which no one ever is. There is always a bias or agenda or just different experiences that sway the views posted.
Never said you did.

I don't like anonymity on forums, but it provides some security I suppose. My son works for Google, and I've learned that no one is "anonymous" to someone with the right resources. For the record, Croak has been my nickname since the 70's but my real name is Dan Krodel. I've got nothing to lose, nothing to hide and nothing to fear. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yes, in agreement with Captain, there is no talk of Colin Kaepernick heading to Minnesota, and I can't see Zimmer having any interest.

Look, I'm generous enough towards Minny, and will give Bridgewater plenty of credit for being able to run the offense. He doesn't have to be great, just efficient enough, and he is enough so that he's their best chance to win. If he hadn't gone down, I can be open enough to give them a playoff spot. But starting the perennial journeyman Shaun Hill who's never made it through about 8 games max without being benched, and then Sorensen and Stave? That's not wins coming out of Minny, that's losses.

I wasn't thinking Chicago would do anything this year, but with this current situation in Minny, the door might have just opened up for them to take 2nd.

In my opinion, Bridgewater isn't what makes or breaks Minny on playoffs. To mean, the most important person for their playoff hopes is Peterson. He can help take the heat off of ordinary QBs. But I'm not convinced the Vikings are all that much anyway. I was actually surprised they did what they did last year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Use google,there's plenty of talk about it happenong.
Within one to three weeks something will happen. If being able to think independently stirs up controversy,that's not a negative thing.
What you mean to say is I don't think like you and you don't like that. Tough cheese my friend,tough cheese.

I don't care about some random "experts" posting rumors about the Vikings being interested in Kaepernick.

It's a fact that Minnesota will have roughly $10 million in cap space entering the season but acquiring Kaepernick would take approximately $13.4 million to pull of the move though.

Even you with your ability to think independently should realize that doesn't work.

In my opinion, Bridgewater isn't what makes or breaks Minny on playoffs. To mean, the most important person for their playoff hopes is Peterson. He can help take the heat off of ordinary QBs. But I'm not convinced the Vikings are all that much anyway. I was actually surprised they did what they did last year.

I agree the Vikings are for some reason one of the most overrated teams in the league and weren't a lock by any means to make the playoffs even with Bridgewater starting. Without him they don't stand a chance to reach the postseason though as they need at least a game manager not turning the ball over to be successful.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Vikings season is over, son. Break those sacks out to cover your heads.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about some random "experts" posting rumors about the Vikings being interested in Kaepernick.

It's a fact that Minnesota will have roughly $10 million in cap space entering the season but acquiring Kaepernick would take approximately $13.4 million to pull of the move though.

Even you with your ability to think independently should realize that doesn't work.
I cessful.

lawyers and agents can easily take care of that and always have.

D

Deleted member 6794

lawyers and agents can easily take care of that and always have.

There are only two ways to make it work that Kaepernick ends up with the Vikings.

The first one would be the Niners releasing him. With San Francisco currently having $49 million in cap space available there's no reason for them to make that move. The second one, the 49ers restructuring Kaepernick's contract before trading him to Minnesota, is even more unrealistic.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see the final season NFC Nort division looking like this:

14-2
7-9
6-10
5-11

I'll let you guys argue about the names next to those records.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There are only two ways to make it work that Kaepernick ends up with the Vikings.

The first one would be the Niners releasing him. With San Francisco currently having $49 million in cap space available there's no reason for them to make that move. The second one, the 49ers restructuring Kaepernick's contract before trading him to Minnesota, is even more unrealistic.
His comments and actions will probably turn him into a local hero in San Fransisco.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score

either way,its happening.....

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bridgewater may not be the MVP, but I'm just one to think that a QB who's good enough to generate enough passing threat to take attention off the running game can help a team succeed. Bridgewater isn't great, but he's smart and overall makes fairly good decisions, and is still their best chance to win behind center. That doesn't elevate him over AP, just that you have to have efficient enough QB play to get to the playoffs and Bridgewater provides that. These other 3 in my opinion do not, so that's why you might restack the north with the Bears in 2nd now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bridgewater had promise to get better, but up to this point his production has been very pedestrian, and that team has been good and getting better. They aren't replacing Rodgers. All they need is someone that isn't careless with the ball and is a barely average passer and they'll be fine. I would not write these guys off at all. If they start losing harrison smith and some linebackers, then they should be concerned. I think they can get over losing Bridgewater and still put up a good fight defending their north title. Though if the Packers stay healthy, i'm not concerned with what is happening with other teams.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bridgewater had promise to get better, but up to this point his production has been very pedestrian, and that team has been good and getting better. They aren't replacing Rodgers. All they need is someone that isn't careless with the ball and is a barely average passer and they'll be fine. I would not write these guys off at all. If they start losing harrison smith and some linebackers, then they should be concerned. I think they can get over losing Bridgewater and still put up a good fight defending their north title. Though if the Packers stay healthy, i'm not concerned with what is happening with other teams.

That might be true if Minnesota is able to acquire a quarterback capable of managing a game. They don't stand a chance to win the NFC North with either Hill, Stave, Sorensen or Heinicke starting.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The thing is Hill has had a history of making bad decisions, and Stave ... I'd say his ceiling is lower than that of his former teammate Scott Tolzein.

We all know Bridgewater doesn't have Rodgers value, but he has the most chemistry with those players, and an injury like this can puncture what a team was headed for. Just my opinion.

D

Deleted member 6794

The thing is Hill has had a history of making bad decisions, and Stave ... I'd say his ceiling is lower than that of his former teammate Scott Tolzein.

We all know Bridgewater doesn't have Rodgers value, but he has the most chemistry with those players, and an injury like this can puncture what a team was headed for. Just my opinion.

I guess the best way to sum up the feelings about the direction the Vikings are headed in without Bridgewater is that while he for sure isn't an elite quarterback Minnesota won't be in contention for the NFC North crown with either Hill, Stave, Sorensen or Heinicke starting.

Sky King

Reaction score
Respect your foe. IMHO the Vikings' D is going to give their opposition all they can handle, particularly early in the season and while their own health may still be at its peak. They'll be highly motivated to serve notice for both the moment at hand and for the future.

Beware of the wounded animal, even if its logo is wearing braids.

D

Deleted member 6794

Respect your foe. IMHO the Vikings' D is going to give their opposition all they can handle, particularly early in the season and while their own health may still be at its peak. They'll be highly motivated to serve notice for both the moment at hand and for the future.

There's no doubt the Vikings defense is one of the best units in the league. Their offense won't be good enough to compete for the division crown though.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those saying the Vikings won't be in contention for the division title this year. You were saying that last year, too.