Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I''ll post again..

Your implying Rodgers and Cobb are not the same players since they had months off..

This quote to me implies Rodgers and Cobb never skipped a beat, like they never left..As in even with your top guys, you still suck

your two quotes are contradicting

Either they never skipped a beat, or they arent back to being normal since they were off so long..

Cant be both

Well I see your confusion. You seem to think I said they never missed a beat. I suspected that when I explained that at even below 100%, they are still better than their backups. So, now that you understand, is not a contradiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think the cold matters to be honest for you guy because of the running game..

But being here one day or even 2 days doesnt get you used to it if you dont live here..

Not sure who said this

Dec 16th 2012
Stadium Gillette Stadium
Start Time 8:30pm
Surface fieldturf
Duration 3:40
Attendance 68,756
Weather 34 degrees, relative humidity 100%, wind 5 mp

34 degrees is not 10...It is a HUGE difference, dont let it fool you..not saying he wont play well in 10 degrees..But 34 degrees isnt a cold game by any means..

If it is slightest bit windy, that tends to feel like a knife cutting your cheeks..Running and breathing hard makes your lungs hurt if not used to it..

I still am saying the Niners win..But the cold can play a part in it

"Revenge is a dish that is best served cold."

What none of you have used that yet? Too late! A Niner fan said it first.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguing over which is the better team is like arguing over which Hollywood actor or actress is the best lay based on their onscreen sex scenes.
We don't know how good either team is going to be until it actually happens.
You cannot base on a 100% positive for certain which team will win based on past games either against each other or against other teams.

Having written that, I expect the Pack to be ready and for us to see a different Packers team than we have seen all season long.
I think we will want it more.
What I really hope for is for the Packers to have taken enough Lambeu playoff losses. Enough is enough and it's time for us to win this one against our West Coast rivals.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Revenge is a dish that is best served cold."

What none of you have used that yet? Too late! A Niner fan said it first.
I did in other threads based on our sweet win over Duh Bears.
And I wrote it more than once. (How can you write, "said" when the word "said" refers to the spoken word?)
What I wrote was: Revenge is a dish best served on a cold football field.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the playoff loss to 'Frisco last January Charles Woodson said the Packers had to get bigger, stronger and faster to beat that team. Frankly, I don't think the Pack has closed that gap, as Woodson so well diagnosed it.

The defense that gave up over 300 rushing yards, almost 600 total and had a quarterback run over it for 181 was probably better than the one that will be taking to the field this Sunday. Clay Matthews and Casey Hayward played in last year's game and both will be absent from this one as well as Johnny Jolly, a key to a better run defense this season. The Niners league best o-line will be blowing the Packers defensive front backwards and tearing open big running holes most of the day. And look for the Niners to bring back the read option to their offense. Kaepernick may not set a qb rushing record again but he'll do enough with it to make a difference.

Eddie Lacy running on a bad ankle leaves the Packers' rushing game in question. The Pack's o-line will probably not be up to beating one of the league's toughest defensive front sevens. And if the ground game is taken away they'll be free to rush Aaron Rodgers hard.

The Packers have shown an ability to make plays and put points on the board against this club. They've scored 28 in the season opener, 31 in last year's playoff and 22 in the 2012 opener. But they've also turned the ball over multiple times in these games and have had a tendency for uncharacteristic interceptions and fumbles in their playoff losses in 2009,'11 and '12. The two interceptions at the beginning of the Chicago game may augur a portent of postseason things to come.

Home field hasn't been much of an advantage for the Pack this year or in recent playoff history. They've lost 4 of their last 6 postseason at Lambeau and most haven't been close. San Fran. is probably a team better built to play a game outdoors in winter conditions as of now than are the Packers. They have an excellent defense and a strong rushing game working behind a superlative line. With all that working they can hit for big downfield plays passing as well. And may I also add they have 8 Pro Bowl selections and 6 Alternates on their roster. The Packers have just one alternate possibility.

Unless the cold weather affects them more than we expect and the Packers come up with their best game of the year it's probable that the Pack will be a quick exit from this season's playoffs.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the playoff loss to 'Frisco last January Charles Woodson said the Packers had to get bigger, stronger and faster to beat that team. Frankly, I don't think the Pack has closed that gap, as Woodson so well diagnosed it.

The defense that gave up over 300 rushing yards, almost 600 total and had a quarterback run over it for 181 was probably better than the one that will be taking to the field this Sunday. Clay Matthews and Casey Hayward played in last year's game and both will be absent from this one as well as Johnny Jolly, a key to a better run defense this season. The Niners league best o-line will be blowing the Packers defensive front backwards and tearing open big running holes most of the day. And look for the Niners to bring back the read option to their offense. Kaepernick may not set a qb rushing record again but he'll do enough with it to make a difference.

Eddie Lacy running on a bad ankle leaves the Packers' rushing game in question. The Pack's o-line will probably not be up to beating one of the league's toughest defensive front sevens. And if the ground game is taken away they'll be free to rush Aaron Rodgers hard.

The Packers have shown an ability to make plays and put points on the board against this club. They've scored 28 in the season opener, 31 in last year's playoff and 22 in the 2012 opener. But they've also turned the ball over multiple times in these games and have had a tendency for uncharacteristic interceptions and fumbles in their playoff losses in 2009,'11 and '12. The two interceptions at the beginning of the Chicago game may augur a portent of postseason things to come.

Home field hasn't been much of an advantage for the Pack this year or in recent playoff history. They've lost 4 of their last 6 postseason at Lambeau and most haven't been close. San Fran. is probably a team better built to play a game outdoors in winter conditions as of now than are the Packers. They have an excellent defense and a strong rushing game working behind a superlative line. With all that working they can hit for big downfield plays passing as well.

Unless the cold weather affects them more than we expect and the Packers come up with their best game of the year it's probable that the Pack will be a quick exit from this season's playoffs.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a fun game, but the 49ers have too much depth too much talent and packers wont be able to keep up. Packers weakness is their D and the 49ers O is FINALLY healthy and clicking and getting into a groove. 49ers strength is D and the packers havent been consistent all season. they finally have rodgers and cobb but tthey have been out of action and suddenly its the playoffs. SO we'll see what kind of playoff condition theyre in. You surely know Rodgers will be getting plenty of exercise Sunday.

That way we will run the ball and control the clock, Packers got this!!

bullet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is gonna have to be a shootout like cardinals game a few years ago.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't have any faith in the Packers' defense being able to contain the 49ers power running game. That means clock-eating drives. If only Lacy didn't have a bum ankle, I think we could match the 49ers on power running, although Starks has been looking good. That's my main reason for not expecting a Packer win on Sunday. The 49er defense is just simply better than the Packers, especially with our top 3 players out--Matthews, Heyward, and Jolly. That hurts a lot.

That being said however, the Packers do have a chance with Rodgers and Cobb back. That means more opportunities for Jordy Nelson, and I really like the way Boykin has played. Rodgers is always capable of having a monster game, and if we can get some kind of running attack going, then it's game on.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers: Super Bowl MVP winning quarter back.
Colin Kapernick: Super Bowl losing quarter back.

Until these modern 49ers win the big one, there really is nothing worth bragging about.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that gets me about the 49ers offense is that they ARE NOT THAT GOOD the 9ners D is the reason they win most games and a good running game to kill clock. For some reason the Packers D makes them look like the greatest show on a football field.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that gets me about the 49ers offense is that they ARE NOT THAT GOOD the 9ners D is the reason they win most games and a good running game to kill clock. For some reason the Packers D makes them look like the greatest show on a football field.

- It's the #11 scoring offense
- They've played against the 7 top ten defenses, 4 of them Top 5 and 3 of them Top 2
- They've played with key offensive weapons hurt for most of the season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
-
It's the #11 scoring offense
- They've played against the 7 top ten defenses, 4 of them Top 5 and 3 of them Top 2
- They've played with key offensive weapons hurt for most of the season.

I dont know so answer these

What key offensive weapons been out?

and vs the those top defenses did they win

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know so answer these

What key offensive weapons been out?

and vs the those top defenses did they win
Michael Crabtree.. you know, the 49ers #1 receiver..

And they are 4-3 against top 7 Defenses... don't know how that is relevant to this upcoming game tho

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Michael Crabtree.. you know, the 49ers #1 receiver..

And they are 4-3 against top 7 Defenses... don't know how that is relevant to this upcoming game tho

Ok smart ***..

Your fellow fan said weApons as in plural players. You know that is more than one player. Right?

And w/l vs top def is something I was just curious..

Ya know. to engage in a conversation..

Not everything has to be about the game, ya know?

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok smart ***..

Your fellow fan said weApons as in plural players. You know that is more than one player. Right?

And w/l vs top def is something I was just curious..

Ya know. to engage in a conversation..

Not everything has to be about the game, ya know?

Our #3 receiver- Mario Manningham-- missed most of the season, returned for a few games, then got put on the IR, he just wasn't the same after tearing his ACL

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans, you all have to admit this:

Playoff loss last season, we made Kaepernick look like Gale Sayers.
Opener this year, we made Kaepernick look like, well, I would say 1984 Dan Marino, but how about 2013 Peyton Manning.

He had guys wide open all game long, had his best passing game of his life, still as of now.
And he didn't even have his #1 WR for that game Michael Crabtree.
And this: We DID have Matthews. And we DID have Jolly. And Perry wasn't hurt yet. Not sure if we had Hayward then or not, but we don't know.

Also, their same exact OLB-ILB-ILB-OLB as well as LT-LG-C-RG-RT, RB, TE, and QB and Justin Smith.... are all-wait for it.... STILL amazingly healthy right now. None of them lost to IR on the season, miraculously. Just great luck again for that program.

Anyway, as great as Rodgers is, he's going against a great and healthy front 7. The best in the NFL.
Kaepernick -against us twice and once missing his #1 WR- has looked like the best QB to ever play the game.

Let's tone it down acting like our QB is so much better. Not in this matchup with respective defenses.
Unfortunately. And much of that, crappily, due to injuries over the past 2 1/2 seasons.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you said is correct Frank. They are a very, very formidable opponent and they have "been there done it" on their side.

It will take the type of play we haven't seen from our defense and our OL has to protect Rodgers if we are to have a chance.

I have no illusions this will be easy.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Packer fans, you all have to admit this:

Playoff loss last season, we made Kaepernick look like Gale Sayers.
Opener this year, we made Kaepernick look like, well, I would say 1984 Dan Marino, but how about 2013 Peyton Manning.

He had guys wide open all game long, had his best passing game of his life, still as of now.
And he didn't even have his #1 WR for that game Michael Crabtree.
And this: We DID have Matthews. And we DID have Jolly. And Perry wasn't hurt yet. Not sure if we had Hayward then or not, but we don't know.

Anyway, as great as Rodgers is, he's going against a great and healthy front 7. The best in the NFL.
Kaepernick -against us twice and once missing his #1 WR- has looked like the best QB to ever play the game.

And yet, even with all that, with 6 minutes left in the game in San Francisco, Green Bay still had the lead.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, if the 49ers lose this match up I'll be rooting for the Packers. Considering the past, that's almost blasphemy as a 49ers fan.

Despite my dislike of Clay Matthew's cheap shot (and the praise he received by some on here for it), a actually like Aaron Rodgers and I appreciate the rich history of the Green Bay Packers.