Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
WORST POST of the century here..... calling Crabtree worthless.

He just carved us up on this first drive already, while we went 3 & out on our end.
He caught passes wide, in the slot, and deep on 4th down.

Yeah, worthless.

Pretty embarrassing sometimes......
He caught two passes from the outside all game, one was a backshoulder, the other was across the middle. ALL OF THE REST CAME FROM THE SLOT. He carved us from the slot, where I said he feasted, and was largely invisible from the outside.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Maybe at least now we can get some credit as a power running team, unless 49ers fans were too busy obsessing about us not having 10 OL on the field that they missed Lacy running them over in the second half.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He caught two passes from the outside all game, one was a backshoulder, the other was across the middle. ALL OF THE REST CAME FROM THE SLOT. He carved us from the slot, where I said he feasted, and was largely invisible from the outside.

Here's what you originally said:

"Who is useless on the outside, where he will be, because Boldin has a stranglehold on the slot. I'm more worried about Patton than Crabtree at this point."

Crabtree had 8 grabs for 125 yards. The next highest was Boldin with 3 catches for 38 yards.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Okay I'm done. Had to have some fun before I bounce this thread.
GO back to DraftCountdown Ness!
Celebrate in peace.

You got lucky tonight.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RIGHT so you were DEAD WRONG, basically TWICE.

Just admit it, and move on.
Everyone is wrong about some things. Nobody is perfect.
Hell I almost lost my $200 bet tonight on the Niners -2 1/2.

Crabtree is not worthless.
He did not lose his slot plays because of Boldin.

Crabtree had more yards receiving than anyone in the game.

Eat your crow and move on. No biggie if you admit it.
Looks foolish and childish if you keep denying.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you honestly, really, blame any of us for feeling bitter or angry and taking that out on the 40Whiners?
You should expect to read negative things towards your team if you're going to be here.

As for what was behind the prison joke? I have no idea.
He is being unreasonable. I completely agree with you. I still hate Brett Favre.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
RIGHT so you were DEAD WRONG, basically TWICE.

Just admit it, and move on.
Everyone is wrong about some things. Nobody is perfect.
Hell I almost lost my $200 bet tonight on the Niners -2 1/2.

Crabtree is not worthless.
He did not lose his slot plays because of Boldin.

Crabtree had more yards receiving than anyone in the game.

Eat your crow and move on. No biggie if you admit it.
Looks foolish and childish if you keep denying.
Do you understand words? The only thing I was wrong about was that Crabtree managed to push Boldin back out of the slot. I maintain that he is worthless on the outside.

goldstandard333

49ers Fan
Reaction score
In retrospect, out of all the losses, this was our best game against the SanFranCrisco 40Whiners.
We had the lead a couple of times.
They never came close to blowing us away.
We kept it close throughout.
And they had to wimp out and win by a last second FG instead of a big play TD.
I now hate them more than ever and it's still frustrating to lose.
At least we were always in the game to the bitter end.

Now it's revenge time!
Go Panthers and go Cam Newton!

Good luck with that, and good luck next year guys.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, at least we took Duh Bears out of it.
We kept ourselves in this game.
And we are rooting for, what will hopefully be for a very long time, a contending team.
We will make it back to the Super Bowl.
Yeah, it hurts that for the second year in a row that we were the team that deserved it the most but didn't make it getting so close.
(Previous year: Fail Mary - This year: Rodgers hurt.)
Someone, somewhere owes us big freakin time for our continuing woes.
Life goes on and at least we aren't Cleveland Clowns fans.

goldstandard333

49ers Fan
Reaction score
Hey, at least we took Duh Bears out of it.
We kept ourselves in this game.
And we are rooting for, what will hopefully be for a very long time, a contending team.
We will make it back to the Super Bowl.
Yeah, it hurts that for the second year in a row that we were the team that deserved it the most but didn't make it getting so close.
(Previous year: Fail Mary - This year: Rodgers hurt.)
Someone, somewhere owes us big freakin time for our continuing woes.
Life goes on and at least we aren't Cleveland Clowns fans.

As long as you have Rodgers you'll be contenders.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if Dom just retires? Word is his contract is done..No more years left on it
I was referring to the possibility that he could be fired if his defense had a major collapse against the 9er's. I think he may have been saved that embarrasment.
Retirement would presumably be his decision.:)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

At least they should change the rules and make it challenging for the away team with an obstacle course or else with uprights that move back and forth in a random pattern.

Get out the house before you get overcome by the fumes....lol You`re becoming delirious :laugh:

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe at least now we can get some credit as a power running team, unless 49ers fans were too busy obsessing about us not having 10 OL on the field that they missed Lacy running them over in the second half.

Well, they are a very good running team, but not a power run team. Power running is about an entire offensive philosophy. For instance, 49ers use a converted 300 lb Dlineman as the lead blocker now that their fullback is out. They use offset jumbo formations and a 300 lb lineman is the tight end. They'll consistently run power formations with 1 receiver and 3 people in the backfield.

Now GB has a downhill power runner in Lacy, in that he'd be perfect to run in the 49ers system, and would excel. But the team itself is tailored around Rodgers and his live arm, it would be a waste of hall of fame talent to have a power run philosophy. It's working well for you as is anyway. Good luck in '14.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Well, they are a very good running team, but not a power run team. Power running is about an entire offensive philosophy. For instance, 49ers use a converted 300 lb Dlineman as the lead blocker now that their fullback is out. They use offset jumbo formations and a 300 lb lineman is the tight end. They'll consistently run power formations with 1 receiver and 3 people in the backfield.

Now GB has a downhill power runner in Lacy, in that he'd be perfect to run in the 49ers system, and would excel. But the team itself is tailored around Rodgers and his live arm, it would be a waste of hall of fame talent to have a power run philosophy. It's working well for you as is anyway. Good luck in '14.
We have brought in an extra OT at the TE spot, used a full house set, and used Raji and Daniels as lead blockers this season; and IIRC, Rodgers was under center for those snaps. So does that mean you're wrong and we really are a power run team? The Saints can bring in all the T they want, but if Sproles is the the one running, it's not really power run. The Giants were considered a power run team when they won the SB, and never once used a DT as a FB. As you said, power run is an offensive philosophy, and it's one that we do in fact have when we run the ball. Power run is not about cutesy neanderball gimmicks, as you seem to think. See you in the NFCCG next year.

Members online