Wide Receiver Options

D

Deleted member 6794

You ate surprised. AR and the coaching stuff is the only difference betwin Packers and Eagles.

Rodgers and MLF should definitely be considered a plus when comparing the Packers to the Eagles.

Look af all the young WRs around the league making a difference already this season. I'm fast losing flight that this coach coupled with AR more worried about his stats the being agressive and trying to make playes are going to take us to SB anytime soon.

Doubs and Watson rank seventh and eighth among rookie wide receivers in both receptions and yards. Five of the rookies ranked ahead of them were selected within the first 18 picks. It might be smart to relax a bit when expecting Doubs and Watson to do any better.

That Eagle QB looked very very good last night.

While Hurts had an excellent completion percentage he only threw for one touchdowns while being intercepted once as well.

They signed Cobb and drafted Amari, so I didn't think there was any chance we'd try and sign him, but he's a guy I was interested in last time he was a FA and i'm not confident cobb stays healthy. But alas, he's off the market. I'd be surprised if he wasn't elevated for this weekend. He's a vet. They have a need. He knows the routes and how to run them. The nuance comes later in the offense, but he knows enough today to go run routes for them.

The Packers could still sign Beasley to the active roster from the Bucs' practice squad.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Hurts had an excellent completion percentage he only threw for one touchdowns while being intercepted once as well.
I was talking about his throwing motion and his accuracy. He also had decent running ability. But yes, you can always respond to my subjective accounts. I still say he looked very good. For the record. We disagree a lot on player personnel. Who can catch, who can't. Who can play QB and who sucks because they have not won a super bowl. The list goes on.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was talking about his throwing motion and his accuracy. He also had decent running ability. But yes, you can always respond to my subjective accounts. I still say he looked very good. For the record. We disagree a lot on player personnel. Who can catch, who can't. Who can play QB and who sucks because they have not won a super bowl. The list goes on.

I'm not suggesting Hurts sucks by any means. He has looked pretty good in the first two games this season. My point is that he isn't an elite quarterback yet and shouldn't be considered on a level with Rodgers.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers should be doing everything they can to get Corey Davis from the Jets.

The Jets have two young receivers in Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson who are clearly the future. Davis is probably not.

But he's still a strong option and he has history with LaFleur.

Robert Woods could also be consider an option.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should be doing everything they can to get Corey Davis from the Jets.

The Jets have two young receivers in Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson who are clearly the future. Davis is probably not.

Corey was a guy I've always felt is well worth some calls and discussions with. I will admit though as Lazard gets healthy and if Watkins stays healthy I'm more and more confident in our ability than I was before.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is the sky falling?

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not sure the Jets would be interested in trading Davis. Despite Moore and Wilson on the roster he's leading the team in receiving yards with 160 in two games.

As a side note, the Packers currently wouldn't have enough cap space to trade for him. I understand they could restructure his deal in a heartbeat though.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure the Jets would be interested in trading Davis. Despite Moore and Wilson on the roster he's leading the team in receiving yards with 160 in two games.

As a side note, the Packers currently wouldn't have enough cap space to trade for him. I understand they could restructure his deal in a heartbeat though.
Get to see them in Week 5.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How and where did Watkins rip up his hamstring? I didn't see it in the Chicago game. Maybe he fell out of the wrong side of bed.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have to be somebody cheap. They're strapped for cap money to make it through the year.
They should cut or trade bahks useless *** for a conditional 7th round pick. I hear you on that. But the only options that would make them better is AB but nobody wants him. Then you got Ty Hilton and will fuller available but they are injury prone too however they are better than anyone on Green Bay currently Odell I want 100% but he won’t be ready til thanksgiving and knowing how Green Bay operates they don’t wanna stunt the growth of the rookie receivers they have I agree with that but besides Watson and doubs they have poop unless they pull off some kind of trade (plus they gotta learn the playbook) what you see is what you get and I don’t personally like it I think it’s gonna be a long season

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, Sammy Watkins' hammy injury has landed him onto IR. He's now out for at least 4 weeks. Time for the rookies to step up & shine!
Kind of his history. Too bad. The rookies will get good game experience but it will be a work in progress all season. LaFleur has to change to a more conservative offense. These kids cannot be expected to run Adams routes and adjust to Rodgers play changes especially in a hostile environment. Matriculate down the field. Move the chains. If we get stopped kick FGs. A 16-14 win is just as good as 34-31.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should cut or trade bahks useless *** for a conditional 7th round pick. I hear you on that. But the only options that would make them better is AB but nobody wants him. Then you got Ty Hilton and will fuller available but they are injury prone too however they are better than anyone on Green Bay currently Odell I want 100% but he won’t be ready til thanksgiving and knowing how Green Bay operates they don’t wanna stunt the growth of the rookie receivers they have I agree with that but besides Watson and doubs they have poop unless they pull off some kind of trade (plus they gotta learn the playbook) what you see is what you get and I don’t personally like it I think it’s gonna be a long season
I had never felt that way but you have convinced me. Even if Bahk makes it on the field chances are he will not last very long. Kind of reminds me of Ken Ruetgers back in 1996. We were banking on him coming back for a long time. He gets his start in Dallas and he is toast. We should have cut our losses earlier because at the time the Packers were very short on receivers as well.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they cut him I believe that’s 36 mil in dead cap idk it’s hard to tell what players go through as people and they know their own body so it’s just assumptions on our side. So as a fan it’s frustrating cuz in my sense it’s like throw him out there and if he sucks then move along obviously we don’t want him getting hurt anymore but if he doesn’t sniff the field this year it’s time to cut our losses and move along. Jenkins tore his acl and back less than a yr so obviously the injury is way worse as reported multiple surgeries. He is comfy cuz he is getting paid. Green Bay has to make a decision next year for sure

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What happens if Bak decides to retire in terms of cap applications?
Do you honestly think Bakh will give it a try tomorrow & then announce his retirement?? Imho Bakh knows he's got all season to get right and tomorrow is his next step (forward?).

D

Deleted member 6794

It would have to be somebody cheap. They're strapped for cap money to make it through the year.

According to today's public salary cap report by the NFLPA the Packers have $8.25 million of cap space available.

They could definitely sign a veteran to a reasonable contract. It's questionable there is currently one available who would be able to contribute immediately though.

They should cut or trade bahks useless *** for a conditional 7th round pick.

That wouldn't be a smart approach, especially as Bakhtiari is expected to play today.

What happens if Bak decides to retire in terms of cap applications?

The Packers could try to recoup some of the money they paid to Bakhtiari as a signing bonus but with him being injured in practice I don't think their chances would be great.

Therefore him retiring would result in the same amount of dead money as if they were to release him.

Members online

Latest posts