Wide Receiver Options

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone should ask Devonte how going to Raiders to win a SB is looking now….. kinda jerky!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone should ask Devonte how going to Raiders to win a SB is looking now….. kinda jerky!
I don't think he cares ?

He will say he wants the Super Bowl and "all the right things", but the reality is he's thinking for HIMSELF (which is what he SHOULD do)

I don't believe it was anything personal, Davante just wanted...

1) better weather overall, can't blame him, good location/region
2) ZERO state income tax, so Davante makes A LOT more living there
3) reasonable access/proximity to good mountains and (cali) beaches

Davante made the best decision for HIMSELF, which is what he SHOULD do.. all that BS about Carr being a HOFer, Super Bowl this or that, being the best WR ever, etc. Etc. Those are just "saying the right things", its all relative

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think he cares ?

He will say he wants the Super Bowl and "all the right things", but the reality is he's thinking for HIMSELF (which is what he SHOULD do)

Davante made the best decision for HIMSELF, which is what he SHOULD do.. all that BS about Carr being a HOFer, Super Bowl this or that, being the best WR ever, etc. Etc. Those are just "saying the right things", its all relative
4) and most important..his family

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would to see us make a play for Kenny golladay for a late round pick and make the giants eat most of the contract. I’m sure y’all have seen the reports that could happen but he is a good receiver playing actually barely plays with a bad qb

Reaction score
I don't think he cares ?

While I do agree with some points you made, I don’t agree that Davante doesn’t care about winning a SB. Obviously he’s not in full control there, but I think he’d kick himself in The Packers went all the way this year. Just my opinion here.

Money was not the primary motivator and really the difference in that tax rate is what 6% and the fact the Packers offered him slightly more from reports? my guess make it splitting hairs. I looked up another significant Factor.. cost of living off average in the US is cheaper in WI 82% of US median than NV (112%) scaled 100 is the median. So it really more erases the monetary aspect

Imo it was about family and knowing that Rodgers would possibly not be there past a couple years. I do believe he was close to Carr on a personal level so it’s an easy transition towards family and friends.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would to see us make a play for Kenny golladay for a late round pick and make the giants eat most of the contract. I’m sure y’all have seen the reports that could happen but he is a good receiver playing actually barely plays with a bad qb
Golladay is the anti-Lazard of all times!! Kenny doesn't ever consider throwing a block or even stepping between a tackler & his own man... HARD pass!!

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Golladay is the anti-Lazard of all times!! Kenny doesn't ever consider throwing a block or even stepping between a tackler & his own man... HARD pass!!
You do realize his success with stafford right? Anybody is a upgrade at receiver with Watson Watkins etc are hurt. Alls I know I’m gonna be pissed if they miss out or don’t even make an attempt on Odell when he comes back

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize his success with stafford right? Anybody is a upgrade at receiver with Watson Watkins etc are hurt. Alls I know I’m gonna be pissed if they miss out or don’t even make an attempt on Odell when he comes back
You do realize a Packer WR needs to block or they're virtually useless, right? There's a reason why Watson was coveted... it's because he spent 3/4 of his collegiate career blocking & the other 1/4 running past people with the ball in his hands.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do agree with some points you made, I don’t agree that Davante doesn’t care about winning a SB. Obviously he’s not in full control there, but I think he’d kick himself in The Packers went all the way this year. Just my opinion here.

Money was not the primary motivator and really the difference in that tax rate is what 6% and the fact the Packers offered him slightly more from reports? my guess make it splitting hairs. I looked up another significant Factor.. cost of living off average in the US is cheaper in WI 82% of US median than NV (112%) scaled 100 is the median. So it really more erases the monetary aspect

Imo it was about family and knowing that Rodgers would possibly not be there past a couple years. I do believe he was close to Carr on a personal level so it’s an easy transition towards family and friends.

Just an FYI.... 6% of $28,000,000+ equates to $1,680,000+

^ $1.5M+ is a good chunk of change for MOST people LOL. Not to mention he doesn't have to worry about FEETs of snow in winter, and single digit to negative degree weather

Just an FYI....

The Super Bowl thing, I mean sure... every athlete is competitive and wants to "win". Every man/woman who pushes him/her self will want to compete and "win". But at the end of the day, do you really think that that was as big of a factor as you think? It's a factor, sure, but I don't think he really cares as much as some really think

Did Terrell Owens, Larry Fitzgerald, Tim Brown, Randy Moss, etc... the list goes on, did they ever win a Super Bowl? Does ANYONE doubt that those aforementioned players are Hall of Famers? NO

I don't think he cares as much as some think. Davante did what was best for Davante, good for him... that's what he should have done

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not sure the Jets would be interested in trading Davis. Despite Moore and Wilson on the roster he's leading the team in receiving yards with 160 in two games.

As a side note, the Packers currently wouldn't have enough cap space to trade for him. I understand they could restructure his deal in a heartbeat though.

I just want you to know I’m really proud of you for including that last sentence. You’ve really grown.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize a Packer WR needs to block or they're virtually useless, right? There's a reason why Watson was coveted... it's because he spent 3/4 of his collegiate career blocking & the other 1/4 running past people with the ball in his hands.
Then there would be absolutely no reason to resign Rodgers… Love can **** and dunk and definitely handle the work load after that display

D

Deleted member 6794

There's the night life. Small city Green Bay, compared to the hustle and bustle, and night life of LA, NYC, or Miami?

Actually I prefer the Packers to not have any chance of signing a player who is more interested in the night life a city has to offer than what happens on the field.

I haven't followed Golladay closely enough to make an educated guess but according to PFF he was actually pretty good blocking for the run during his last two season with the Lions. I'm not sure the Giants would be interested in taking on enough of his contract for it to even make sense for the Packers to think about trading for him.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to LeFleur, Doubs has a lot of potential, and could become a #1. I guess he listened to me, when I suggested the kid had the tools to be a darned good WR, not anchored down around 6 or 7 in the pecking order.

I can hardly wait to read all the comments by people who said he wasn't as good as Toure, and was a wasted pick, start talking about how they knew all along he had the tools to be this good. ;)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to LeFleur, Doubs has a lot of potential, and could become a #1. I guess he listened to me, when I suggested the kid had the tools to be a darned good WR, not anchored down around 6 or 7 in the pecking order.

I can hardly wait to read all the comments by people who said he wasn't as good as Toure, and was a wasted pick, start talking about how they knew all along he had the tools to be this good. ;)

He has looked very good...obviously. I would not mind giving Toure a few chance also. Because he looked good catching the ball too.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has looked very good...obviously. I would not mind giving Toure a few chance also. Because he looked good catching the ball too.
Hopefully Doubs will be part of the starting line-up from here on...At some point teams will start pay more attention to him and things will become more difficult, but he's a raw talent and the more work he can get now the better.

And I would also like to see Toure get a few reps here and there.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It is quite easily documented not just at the draft but prior to it that some of us here on this board liked the young man. Quite a few when we left day 2 of the draft declared he is more refined than who we used two second rounders on (Watson) albeit his physical ceiling may not be as high.

There is a VERY good chance Doubs exceeds Watson ceiling and future wise in production...together though if Watson matures as a receiver they could be such a unique one/two punch....if somehow you keep Lazard with with them that trio arguably could be VERY special into 2023 and 2024

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone crapping on Doubs when he was drafted. I do remember people being excited about getting Toure in the 7th.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone crapping on Doubs when he was drafted. I do remember people being excited about getting Toure in the 7th.

I agree, the only time folks spoke "ill" and it really wasn't ill was some felt in no way was he a better WR prospect that Watson as some of us were taken as saying when we gavehim high praise. I had him as a Top 100 prospect and I believe he washed out in the 70s for me (I'll have to check) so I was tickled pink with him, but I was unusually high on him...he could still falter and or stop progressing and we look back with regret on him but I am hoping not.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, but there were those who said he wasn't better than a 5th, or 6th option at best. Possibly someone who could end up on the practice squad. I don't mind being told I'm an idiot by people when I say something, as long as I retain the right to say; "So, who's the dummy now?", when my prediction is right. I'm exercising that right. ;)

As for signing a free agent receiver, I'm not in favor of it. We have enough guys to fill the slots, and Winfree is at least a decoy, and someone who is fast enough that a sweep with him getting the ball might just work at some time, because he's pretty much covered by linebackers with less speed. Then there's Amari, who should improve, and a case for Toure becoming more effective when he grasps the concepts. Bringing in a new receiver who doesn't know our concepts doesn't do any more good than putting one of our young guys out there who are still behind in the learning curve.

I'm more concerned about being able to find a solid free agent who can help on defense if someone goes down. We do not have any depth at any position out there except CB, and now, even that is in danger. When we use Nixon as the nickel back, beware! He was out there against the Bucs, because he was all that was left.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts