Wide Receiver Options

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Ive got my eyes on MVS, Fuller, Tonyan, and OJ Howard. Outside of that Im not really interested in anyone. Julio Jones possibly because I do believe he fits. I like his blocking ability as a receiver to go with his skills. It would have to be a low 1 year deal though.
Stop blinking, O.J. Howard signed with the Bills.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Landry is the best realistic option by far - pair him with AR and watch out. At close to his best, he was better then Cobb at the same. He is also better then MVS - laughable.

i want Landry which probably means he is gone or soon will be.

Reaction score
Landry is the best realistic option by far - pair him with AR and watch out. At close to his best, he was better then Cobb at the same. He is also better then MVS - laughable.

i want Landry which probably means he is gone or soon will be.
Yeah. Landry is the best #1 type option left. He’s just a different style than Adams, not so much finesse but good raw talent. He can do everything good but nothing great. He even has a good left arm throw.
I think he’s a bonafide 900-1200 yard range if him and Rodgers get rolling. If you put Landry out there with Burks etc..? I think things get very interesting pretty quickly.

Then maybe draft a mid round
(3-5th rounder) Burner as a Slot WR to groom for Cobbs retirement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wonder if they could get a good idea of how Woods is coming along.

Apart from the injury, he would be the perfect addition.

Plays X, so you don’t have to worry about putting a rookie or MVS on the LOS to deal with press all the time.

Excellent run blocker, which lends itself to Lafleur’s style of offense and run/pass disguise.

Very capable receiver; should have a couple more years in the neighborhood of 80/1000/6.

Has spent he last several years in a sister offense to Green Bay’s. That shouldn’t be undersold. Wide receiver acquisitions often flop, and largely because guys don’t fit in the new system the way they did in the old.

Woods, MVS, Cobb, Lazard, and a high level rookie would be a good receiving corps.

Reaction score
At this point we need a spark from FA at WR. It would also give us a platform of security going into the draft to not feel the urge to overreach. There are countless examples of Wideouts outside of
Day 1 being early contributors. But yes I agree in that system fit is paramount, Especially for initial success.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
At this point we need a spark from FA at WR. It would also give us a platform of security going into the draft to not feel the urge to overreach. There are countless examples of Wideouts outside of
Day 1 being early contributors. But yes I agree in that system fit is paramount, Especially for initial success.

If we’re talking about true FA’s out there, I would think that OBJ would be the only guy left who could offer a legit spark. He makes me nervous in terms of the locker room. Maybe he would be fine in GB the way he was in LA. But it’s interesting to me that LA chose to pay Robinson and not Beckham.

Reaction score
If we’re talking about true FA’s out there, I would think that OBJ would be the only guy left who could offer a legit spark. He makes me nervous in terms of the locker room. Maybe he would be fine in GB the way he was in LA. But it’s interesting to me that LA chose to pay Robinson and not Beckham.
What would his market $ be?
He’s got so much talent, but even so many more concerns.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would call Seattle and see if they take a second round pick and Love for Metcalf. I’d also sign Fuller, and draft an eventual Cobb replacement such as Olave in the draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would call Seattle and see if they take a second round pick and Love for Metcalf. I’d also sign Fuller, and draft an eventual Cobb replacement such as Olave in the draft.
Olave is an outside WR not a slot purest like Cobb. I see no sense personally drafting a slot type unless too good of a prospect falls. Cobb and now second year Amari are pure slots already

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Olave is an outside WR not a slot purest like Cobb. I see no sense personally drafting a slot type unless too good of a prospect falls. Cobb and now second year Amari are pure slots already

I disagree that he’s only an outside WR, he’s a hybrid who may be able to play every wr position. He would be a weapon for LaFleur and Rodgers. Cobb and Amari are on the team, but I’m not keen on relying on them for any serious future production at this point.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree that he’s only an outside WR, he’s a hybrid who may be able to play every wr position. He would be a weapon for LaFleur and Rodgers. Cobb and Amari are on the team, but I’m not keen on relying on them for any serious future production at this point.

Please inform me how you have any concept of what or who Amari Rodgers will be as a WR? He was like 5th on the depth chart at the highest last year as a rookie…lol

You won’t find a bigger Olave fan than me, I wanted him last year and had him as a first rounder last year if he’d declared… but he is a killer route technician that yes can take snaps in, but he’s deadlier outside IMO and is far more experienced there.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woods being traded for just a stinking 6th rounder…..dangit Gute come on man - I’d pair two sevenths we have for him or even a 5th this year honestly.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not kick the tires on funchess, again i guess?

Always wanted to see what this guy could do in GB, but he never got the chance.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please inform me how you have any concept of what or who Amari Rodgers will be as a WR? He was like 5th on the depth chart at the highest last year as a rookie…lol

You won’t find a bigger Olave fan than me, I wanted him last year and had him as a first rounder last year if he’d declared… but he is a killer route technician that yes can take snaps in, but he’s deadlier outside IMO and is far more experienced there.

Being 5th on the depth chart isn’t a good thing, it just shows that Amari needs much further development, I’d rather not hinge this contention window on his presumed leap. We have Rodgers for 1, 2 maybe 3 more years. If we’re to be true contenders, imo Amari would be best suited coming in sparingly while he continues to develop, stashed behind a couple other guys rather than thrust into a role. I wouldn’t pass on Olave or any other better prospect because we have Amari.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for just a stinking 6th rounder…..dangit Gute come on man

Taking Green Bay out of consideration, if all they got was a 6th rounder, that means the rest of the league didn't offer anything or nothing that much better than a 6th rounder so that was the going rate.

So, if the Packers offered anything in that realm (like a 5th), why in the world would the Rams trade a player to Green Bay (their competition for a Super Bowl appearance)? Anything that would make the Rams reconsider would have to be a complete overpay and do I really want a GM to overpay out of desperation? No. The answer is no.

Not sure why everyone thinks that the Packers are the only team operating and any move that was done was in a vacuum. Just because X doesn't happen doesn't mean it was the Packers not trying to do X.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being 5th on the depth chart isn’t a good thing, it just shows that Amari needs much further development, I’d rather not hinge this contention window on his presumed leap. We have Rodgers for 1, 2 maybe 3 more years. If we’re to be true contenders, imo Amari would be best suited coming in sparingly while he continues to develop, stashed behind a couple other guys rather than thrust into a role. I wouldn’t pass on Olave or any other better prospect because we have Amari.

Where or why would someone pass on an elite prospect like Olave due to Amari? I’m not drafting a slot only WR though unless it is late rounds or a big drop type guy that falls. Just not worth drafting one to be battling for slot2 role or be the 3rd

Reaction score
I’m less concerned with OBJ attitude now as I am his torn ACL from super bowl
Oops. Yeah I forgot I was thinking it was less severe injury there.
what or who Amari Rodgers will be as a WR? He was like 5th on the depth chart at the highest last year as a rookie
Agree wholeheartedly. Amari became a solid Receiver when called upon and was Trevor’s #1 target just a few years ago. I believe his focus year 1 was learning that playbook and also time spent more on ST.
We should start to Work him into the O playbook more and it’s my opinion as he gets more comfortable you’ll see that 2020 Amari emerge. Obviously we all know that a first year WR at the NFL level has a lot to learn. I suspect we start seeing Amari snaps increase more like we did with Rashan in his Sophomore campaign.

Coincidentally one of Amari areas of improvement had to do with his Route Tree. It’s entirely possible he just needs that growth time, but rest assured I can back you up, he’s a Baller

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts