Why did the Packers release these players?

PackersBrngDaPain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand why the Packers got rid of Tausher, Barnett, Harrell and Poppinga? Any insite would be greatly appreciated, I believe these are some key players on our team.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes no sense to pay these guys starting money when they wont be starting. Injurys and cap room.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand why the Packers got rid of Tausher, Barnett, Harrell and Poppinga? Any insite would be greatly appreciated, I believe these are some key players on our team.

Tauscher: 34, coming off an injury, we already have Bulaga and Clifton at the tackle positions with Derek Sherrod in waiting. Save about $4-5 million I think too.

Harrell: Always hurt. Their rotation will likely consist of something like Mike Neal, C.J. Wilson, B.J. Raji, Howard Green, Ryan Pickett, Lawrence Guy, and possibly Johnny Jolly.

Poppinga: 31 or 32, coming off injury, already have 4 OLBs with Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, Frank Zombo, and Erik Walden. Doesn't include the rookies, either.

Barnett: 30, no way he's going to accept a role as a backup and for less money then he'd make elsewhere.

They've supposedly saved $19 million with their releases as of Friday evening. Packers create $19 million in cap space - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole offseason thing gets alot easier to handle when you admit to yourself that Ted knows way more about how to build a roster than you or I ever will.

You missed Chillar I think.

Anyways, to make cap. They were not crucial to the team either. Trust Ted, dont doubt the system, he has been doing this for years now and has been proven to know what he is doing. We are SB champs and have the deepest team in the league.

I think some of it has to do with room on the game day roster, with all those players on the IR last season, we had key guys step up and now if everyone would come back we wouldnt have enough room.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Read off those names again and then look at the roster from half way thru the season till the SB win

Then look at their salary and then ask your question again

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Latest posts