Who's The Biggest Threat The Packers Must Contend With To Get A #1 NFC Seed?

Who's The Biggest Threat The Packers Must Contend With To Get A #1 NFC Seed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still early yet, but I'm already wanting to look at who we gotta fight with to get that number one spot. The race is sure going to be interesting.

Right now it definitely looks like the deck is stacked out in the NFC West, so that'll be the place to watch. But our game vs the Saints will be a big playoff decider.

Then there's the interesting question of who we would want to drag up to Lambeau Field in January and put a revenge beating on the most.

On the one hand, sure I'd like to wipe the 49ers out, but I also want to stick it to Arizona and make them pay for 2009, 2015 and 2018.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I picked the Saints because the NFC West should beat up on each other. It sucks that only the first seed will get a bye now. There will probably be a 12-4 team vs a 6-10.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't have put the 49ers on that list had I realized they lost almost all their big time players to injury today. I definitely think they're out of contention in the west now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I voted for the Cardinals... for some reason. That was user error.

I would have to still say the 49ers or Saints, but the Cards look frisky, as do the Rams.

The rest of the NFCN looks like crap.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Cowboys were just a little better I'd say them because the NFC East is awful. But the good thing for us the NFC West is going to be a blood bath it looks like with all 4 teams, though I think the Rams are a step behind the other 3 even at 2-0. It looks like the Panthers and the Falcons will be at the bottom of the NFC South so there's the Bucs and Saints left. If any of the teams in the NFC North are close to us (yes, the Bears too) then we probably have no shot at the 1 seed.

So between the 6 teams (Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks, 9ers, Saints, and Bucs), it's still way too early to tell.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Cowboys were just a little better I'd say them because the NFC East is awful. But the good thing for us the NFC West is going to be a blood bath it looks like with all 4 teams, though I think the Rams are a step behind the other 3 even at 2-0. It looks like the Panthers and the Falcons will be at the bottom of the NFC South so there's the Bucs and Saints left. If any of the teams in the NFC North are close to us (yes, the Bears too) then we probably have no shot at the 1 seed.

So between the 6 teams (Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks, 9ers, Saints, and Bucs), it's still way too early to tell.

Well, I picked the Cowboys to win the NFCE before the season began, and looks like they probably will. But as much as today's win brought the media's praise back, this current Falcons team has to be the worst coached and most undisciplined unit I've ever seen down there. Dan Quinn may actually be thrown out the door sooner than Patricia in Detroit whose coffin all but has the final nail already in it. But the Cowboys play Seattle next week, and I think they'll be coming back to earth pretty quick in that one.

Bears won't be hanging with us for long. Needing dropped game winning td passes vs Det and barely hanging on vs the bad NYG isn't good. Their competition will ramp up soon and so far we've had Nagy and Trubisky's numbers.

Tampa Bay is decent, but not scary good

Other than those three ... It's anyone's guess how the NFCW shakes out though it would appear Seattle has the inside track given RW's play. Could be a dead heat between us, New Orleans and Seattle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion the Seahawks are currently the favorite to secure the #1 seed but agree with other posters they will have a hard time playing against NFC West opponents six times.

The Packers might be able to benefit from having inferior competition in the division. That might work in favor of the Saints as well though.

As a side note, whoever put the Bears on the list should be banned from the forum :D

I picked the Saints because the NFC West should beat up on each other. It sucks that only the first seed will get a bye now. There will probably be a 12-4 team vs a 6-10.

Over the last 10 years only one team with a losing record would have made the playoffs as the seventh seed. Six wins won't be enough to qualify for the postseason.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks, without blinking now with all the injuries to the 49ers and Saints are #2 IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When we go on a 2 game slide should I lock?

After all you just jinxed this team

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Way too early for me to even venture a guess. Maybe around Halloween I’ll have some idea how things are looking.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Seahawks don't have a pass rush. That's going to be a problem.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, is it a bit of excitement? Maybe. But I also like these power rankings we're getting so far

Although I don't know where this one dude gets off putting the Buffalo Bills at number 4

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...lls-eagles-vikings/18h3qqsvbug2h1almqogjii2x7

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-power-rankings-2020-week-3-standings-all-32-teams-league

I'd even debate putting the Steelers that high

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, first off I'm looking at the schedule wondering where we'd be most likely to lose two in a row. Possible, but just seems unlikely.

Games I marked as losses were @NO, @TB, @SF and @IND. Though they may be one of our better opponents, I am not marking the game vs TEN as a loss.

I mean, I suppose we could end up laying an egg against some bad team on the road like Houston, Detroit or Chicago, but just the way this team is playing this year they really seem to be on a mission to finish what they couldn't last year.

They do got work cut out for them dealing with the teams out in the NFC West, most notably Seattle. But I really think as long as we don't get hit with injuries we can't overcome, we'll be there in the mix at the end of all this.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna be some interesting games to keep an eye on this week. Besides our game...

Vikes and Lions are likely going 0-3 here with the Vikings facing the Titans and the Lions headed out to play the Cardinals.

Falcons had better not lay an egg against the Bears. Not cuz I'm worried about the Bears but because I don't want a desperate Atlanta team coming here next week. Falcons are more talented on paper but they keep finding ways to lose.

Cowboys vs Seahawks now that one will be interesting. I'd probably stick my money on Seattle the way Russell Wilson is playing, but never know.

D

Deleted member 6794

Games I marked as losses were @NO, @TB, @SF and @IND.

With all the injuries the Niners suffered last week the Packers could end up winning all four of those games. I definitely consider them to be favorites at Tampa and Indy.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the injuries the Niners suffered last week the Packers could end up winning all four of those games. I definitely consider them to be favorites at Tampa and Indy.

They could, and I think we could compete with and beat anyone on our best days, even KC. But we'll have a few off days here and there so I'm not betting on 16-0 here.

D

Deleted member 6794

They could, and I think we could compete with and beat anyone on our best days, even KC. But we'll have a few off days here and there so I'm not betting on 16-0 here.

I agree that there's no reason to expect the Packers to win all 16 games either but with Bosa and Thomas out for the season their chances against the Niners significantly improved.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that there's no reason to expect the Packers to win all 16 games either but with Bosa and Thomas out for the season their chances against the Niners significantly improved.
Good to see the injury virus doesn’t only affect the Packers. Misery loves company. I take solace reviewing the league injury report. Again we find out who has depth of roster and who doesn’t.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is kind of amusing though that a thread like this would be started when the fact is since Favre took over as quarterback in 1992, the Packers, despite arguably being the most consistent playoff team for the past 27 years, have been a #1 seed exactly two times.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true, but this season we definitely got the ball rolling. Tonight was one of the biggest wins we've had in a while, and things are going even better than I expected.

I'm not worried at all about Atlanta next week. Between us and them, the contrast could not be more stark.

Bears may be unbeaten for now, but their competition is going to be ramping up starting next week VS Indy. The fool's gold there will be exposed before long. Main challenge will be keeping up with and staying ahead of Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts