Who's The Biggest Threat The Packers Must Contend With To Get A #1 NFC Seed?

Who's The Biggest Threat The Packers Must Contend With To Get A #1 NFC Seed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rated it optimistic merely because I never like people bad mouthing our division. Yes, there is rivalry. Yes, I want to win. But I also don't want to disregard teams in my own division. But I certainly doubt that Indy is some kind of lock. People call Cousins trash. Hell, people on this forum call so many players trash that I just think it is ridiculous imho. They are professional teams and players. And some individual players have great games and then some bad ones and they are trash. I think a lot of people get blown with the wind. I don't respect that alot.

There's no such thing as a "lock" in a NFL matchup. Still though there's no shame in saying odds are well against a team winning or even a game being close.

Could all my bets blow up on my face? Of course

Should I expect to win every single one of those bets? Of course not

(gambling is called gambling for a reason)

But its not like the former is the more likely scenario and thats based on the state of the division because well its bad. And that's not simply based on being blown by the wind

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a "lock" in a NFL matchup. Still though there's no shame in saying odds are well against a team winning or even a game being close.

Could all my bets blow up on my face? Of course

Should I expect to win every single one of those bets? Of course not

(gambling is called gambling for a reason)

But its not like the former is the more likely scenario and thats based on the state of the division because well its bad. And that's not simply based on being blown by the wind
I found out I was just not good at betting on games a long time ago. I got lucky (Montana vs Giants in NY playoff game) and that rainy game pulled me out of a deep hole for me at the time. Got me back to even. So don't do it much since then and not with bookies. Good luck.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found out I was just not good at betting on games a long time ago. I got lucky (Montana vs Giants in NY playoff game) and that rainy game pulled me out of a deep hole for me at the time. Got me back to even. So don't do it much since then and not with bookies. Good luck.

Rule #1 when it comes to betting- Never bet anything you aren't prepared to lose

And thanks

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rated it optimistic merely because I never like people bad mouthing our division. Yes, there is rivalry. Yes, I want to win. But I also don't want to disregard teams in my own division. But I certainly doubt that Indy is some kind of lock. People call Cousins trash. Hell, people on this forum call so many players trash that I just think it is ridiculous imho. They are professional teams and players. And some individual players have great games and then some bad ones and they are trash. I think a lot of people get blown with the wind. I don't respect that alot.

Some of that is reactionary, mostly. I would say I've seen Cousins get praised more on here than trashed, and perhaps the bashers just think some of the praisers are a bit ill informed.

I won't call him trash as he did finally win a playoff game last year in NOLA where it's not easy. But, I do consider him overrated because he's not won a big game besides that one, and he was supposed to be the missing link that would take the Vikes of the last two years to the SB, and that didn't happen.

As to the Bears, well sure 3-0 is 3-0, but don't expect much respect when your wins so far are against opponents with a combined 1-8 record. Colts are no lock, but they damn sure are better than ATL

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As to the Bears, well sure 3-0 is 3-0, but don't expect much respect when your wins so far are against opponents with a combined 1-8 record. Colts are no lock, but they damn sure are better than ATL
A lot of the same emotions and comments about the Packers success last season. How'd that end again? One win from the Super bowl?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of that is reactionary, mostly. I would say I've seen Cousins get praised more on here than trashed, and perhaps the bashers just think some of the praisers are a bit ill informed.

I won't call him trash as he did finally win a playoff game last year in NOLA where it's not easy. But, I do consider him overrated because he's not won a big game besides that one, and he was supposed to be the missing link that would take the Vikes of the last two years to the SB, and that didn't happen.

**** Butkus never went to a playoff game. I just do not believe that should be a criteria. Or a QB who misses one pass in the super bowl can't win the big one. I just don't agree with that kind of thinking.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of the same emotions and comments about the Packers success last season. How'd that end again? One win from the Super bowl?

And if they beat the good teams and get a record like ours last year, then yes I will acknowledge them as a good team because they'll have earned it.

But for now, they are a dropped TD pass and a bad OPI call away from being 1-2 against as I said teams with a combined 1-8 record.

They might be like last year's Packers team, but they might also be like last year's Patriots team who I personally called out as frauds for playing a bunch of cupcakes the first half of the season. I told everyone on here that the Ravens were gonna kick their butts right before their first loss, and that's exactly what happened. And... Well you know how the rest went for them going 1 and done.

Now that may not happen with the Bears today, but their schedule is about to toughen up real quick here. We'll definitely get to see whether or not in the words of Dennis Green "The Bears are who we thought they were".

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** Butkus never went to a playoff game. I just do not believe that should be a criteria. Or a QB who misses one pass in the super bowl can't win the big one. I just don't agree with that kind of thinking.

Yes there are some hall of fame players who didn't win SBs, but I really can't see Cousins getting inducted there without doing something pretty spectacular. But I don't set the criteria either.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Texans goofed up and let Vikings win. How did Deshaun Watson not shred their secondary?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Texans goofed up and let Vikings win. How did Deshaun Watson not shred their secondary?
Because of O'Brien.

Also your NFC East. SMDH

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Their offensive line had a bounce back year in 2019, but it's back to sucking.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If they suck.more than Vikings defense, then it truly is a extraordinary suck. ;)

Zimmer will have that defense playing with a lot more respectability this season. They don't have the talent to be good, but I doubt they'll be a sieve all year.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, it definitely looks like the 49ers are losing ground quickly to the Hawks and Rams. NFC West is getting away from them.

Cardinals week 1 & 2 magic is just about up

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unbelievable run of injuries for the 49ers. Now it looks like the guy they just signed to help on the defensive line, Ziggy Ansah, is out with a torn biceps. So their entire starting defensive line of a year ago, plus the guy they just signed to help, are out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Albeit against a good defense, Nick Foles had his first start at home and the results were 5.9 YPA and a pick, plus a garbage time TD.

Excluding their drive at the end of the half with :06 on the clock, the Bears' drives resulted in:

Punt
Punt
Punt
FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Interception
Touchdown (down 16 w/ 2 min left)

The defense played well, but I don't think that Foles is going to do as much for that offense as some people have expected.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Indianapolis D looked very good.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unbelievable run of injuries for the 49ers. Now it looks like the guy they just signed to help on the defensive line, Ziggy Ansah, is out with a torn biceps. So their entire starting defensive line of a year ago, plus the guy they just signed to help, are out.
And they almost won last night. That's the impressive part.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they almost won last night. That's the impressive part.
Well, their 2nd string defensive line was able to face a 2nd string or lower offensive line. The Eagles aren't exactly healthy either.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, their 2nd string defensive line was able to face a 2nd string or lower offensive line. The Eagles aren't exactly healthy either.
This season has been decimated with a lot of injuries. I know we have our fair shares, but thank God we didn't get hit nearly as bad as other teams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season has been decimated with a lot of injuries. I know we have our fair shares, but thank God we didn't get hit nearly as bad as other teams.
I think things settle down with injuries going forward for a lot of teams. I expected the first month to be a crap show with them all things considered.

ONce that settles down, then it's the 'Rona tests and spread they need to weather. Going to be a tricky season keeping good football on the field. so far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts