Which Road Game Has Bigger Trap Game Written On It? At Buffalo Or At Tampa Bay?

Which road game has a bigger trap game written on it?

• at Buffalo

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • at Tampa Bay

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was thinking about this today, and while obviously our attention from here on out in the season is highly focused on our games vs the Patriots and the Lions, two games I'm pretty leery of are the Bills and the Bucs games. These 2 teams on our schedule are games that I could be very worried about our players getting too overconfident about, seems to happen a lot.

Bills game: This team is not a pushover team, they won in Detroit. Even if Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush were out, that is still Detroit's lone home loss of the season. They do have a good defense this year, their D-line can get pressure on QBs and if Fred Jackson gets healthy and they get a running game going, they will be even more difficult to beat. To add to that, we have never won a game in Buffalo before, now this doesn't bother me that much because under Mike McCarthy we have ended losing streaks in just about every other city we have never won in before, or had a long losing streak in before, plus in the last few games we played in Buffalo, we were in a franchise rebuilding mode as opposed to being a team in their prime playing at the level that we are right now, but still this game does worry me.

Bucs game: This is probably the game that worries me the most. While I don't put too much weight in history in foreign fields again, Raymond James seems to have one big evil curse on us every time we go down there. Also the Bucs for whatever reason always mark their calendars for when they play us, and I mean every friggin' time. Oh but these Bucs are so bad this year the Falcons hung 56 on them, there's no chance they have of beating us. Not so fast, does the year 2009 ring a bell? I don't think I need to replay what a disaster that game was against that putrid Bucs team that we were supposed to railroad with rookie Josh Freeman making his first NFL start. Even 2011 when we were at the top of our game with our beast-mode franchise record-setting team, they almost put together a full 4-quarter upset against us. Let's not hear any fans saying this game is some cupcake we're gonna easily take.

D

Deleted member 6794

Buffalo will be a tough game for the Packers. The play of the offensive line will be a huge factor in that one as their front seven is capable of applying pressure on the QB.

Not worried about the Bucs game at all.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I think of a trap game, it's a team that you should beat so you get trapped looking past it. To me that's the Buccaneers. How we could look past the Bills is beyond me.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What captain said. Buffalo is a tough game -- we are not a particularly great matchup for them, they're solid, they'll be fighting for their playoff lives, and it's on the road.

While I'm well aware of what happened in Tampa in 2009, this is an entirely different team and there's no way a team of our caliber should lose to a team like Tampa.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I think of a trap game, it's a team that you should beat so you get trapped looking past it. To me that's the Buccaneers. How we could look past the Bills is beyond me.

Yeah I don't see many people chalking up Buffalo as a win. I think we all know it's a tough game. Hell I'm just worried about Minnesota right now. I don't look past any road game. We haven't had a winning record on the road since our 15-1 season. Road games always have loss potential.

With that said we should beat Tampa in Tampa, but the margin between home and away record for this team in recent years is vast. Making it crucial to get a bye and #2 seed this year.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not concerned about either game to be honest. The way our offence is scoring i cant see either team going toe to toe with us...i like orton but he is a game manager he isnt going to be tossing the ball all over the field against us. The Bucs have surprised teams but again they have to outscore us and though mccown played very well last year against us the bears then were a much better team than this years bucs

D

Deleted member 6794

im not concerned about either game to be honest. The way our offence is scoring i cant see either team going toe to toe with us...i like orton but he is a game manager he isnt going to be tossing the ball all over the field against us.

The Bills defense is actually build in a way to cause problems for the Packers offense. The Bills probably won´t score a ton of points in this game but I expect their defense to be able to make it a close one.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills defense is actually build in a way to cause problems for the Packers offense. The Bills probably won´t score a ton of points in this game but I expect their defense to be able to make it a close one.

your post prompted me to look at the buffalo bills stats and ya spot on they are very good against the run and the throw. It will be interesting to see how we do against them but rodgers and co are on fire right now, but your right it may be closer than i first imagined

D

Deleted member 6794

your post prompted me to look at the buffalo bills stats and ya spot on they are very good against the run and the throw. It will be interesting to see how we do against them but rodgers and co are on fire right now, but your right it may be closer than i first imagined

In addition the Bills lead the league in sacks, are tied for second in forced fumbles and sixth in interceptions.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not even close. The Bills are a much taller task. Having said that, people have been spewing on and on about strength of schedule and looking at who teams are playing. The Bills have played one decent offense and got spanked.

The Packers defense has played 2 top 5 offenses and 5 of their opponents have been top 15 offenses. The Bills had 1 top 5 and played only 2 offenses in the top 15 all year. A Ryan Fitzpatrick led team beat the Bills and a Teddy Bridgewater Vikings team came within one point of knocking them off. So... if I was an outsider looking in, what might I think of an Aaron Rodgers led offense going up against the Bills?

People may be going a tad bit over-board on the Bills.

Of course, now we'll get a litany of emails suggesting I said the Bills defense sucks. lol

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buffalo isn't a trap game. It's going into an away situation and facing a team that is a QB away from being really really good.

The NFL is about match ups and buffalo isn't a very good match up for us. The same problems we had with detroit are the same ones that will be there against buffalo.

That tampa team is a joke. That's the definition of a trap game.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Buffalo, but I think I was leaning more toward who the tougher matchup will be. With the Bills still having playoff hopes alive, what could once be viewed as a win won't be so guaranteed. Also, Lovie in TB knows us very well...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To really live up to the name of "trap game" here's what the NFL should do.
Install trap doors on every field in every stadium.
They will go off randomly making players of either team fall down into a pit where they will land safely on a mattress.
That I would pay to see.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
To really live up to the name of "trap game" here's what the NFL should do.
Install trap doors on every field in every stadium.
They will go off randomly making players of either team fall down into a pit where they will land safely on a mattress.
That I would pay to see.
You already pay to see them without the traps. Would you have them connected to a button at every Buffalo Wild Wings?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely Tampa. Lovie is familiar with us plus we never play well against the Bucs, especially in Tampa.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie had players in Chicago to beat us

Can you say the same about Tampa now?

No, but it doesn't always matter. Look at the 3-13 Bucs we lost to in 2009. And like I said, I think Lovie will know some means of slowing us down. His cover 2 defenses were always solid. Plus the struggles we have had with Tampa in recent years is lingering in my mind.

Reaction score
Like MM said. We can't get overconfident.
If I must choose then by definition "trap game " would be the unexpected while letting our guard down, so.. Tampa Bay
Home-field in January depends on us keeping our heads intact

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You already pay to see them without the traps. Would you have them connected to a button at every Buffalo Wild Wings?
Well, I was thinking that no one would be pushing the buttons. They would somehow be able to spring on their own at random times with no rhyme or reason.
Not that football really needs anything to be more exciting than it is.
Perhaps for golf or baseball?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but it doesn't always matter. Look at the 3-13 Bucs we lost to in 2009. And like I said, I think Lovie will know some means of slowing us down. His cover 2 defenses were always solid. Plus the struggles we have had with Tampa in recent years is lingering in my mind.

Yup, Lovie's goal always was to beat us, and I don't think that's changed at all. That team has been a team that just always seems to have our number too no matter who's coaching. If last night's Raider win showed us anything, it's that they most certainly can get up to play a good team. I think we've all seen firsthand what happens when even an elite team thinks they're gonna walk all over the midfield line and make tracks at just another stop on the road, aka that 1997 loss to Indy. The Bucs have been almost what you might call a reincarnation of that team, only one that we play more frequently.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we win, but this Sunday has trap game written all over it.

1. Division opponent
2. Unfamiliar QB
3. On the road
4. Huge marquee matchup against NE next week that people are talking about.

Huge game this Sunday. Got to eliminate distractions of next week and the Vikings losing record out of this game. They would love to knock us down.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills, hands down. For whatever reason, non-conference road games have proven to be another level of difficulty.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills, hands down. For whatever reason, non-conference road games have proven to be another level of difficulty.
Will we even get to play it in their stadium or will there be more snow dumped?
We shall see, huh?

Members online

Latest posts