Where would you rather go for a divisional game?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously this is very premature, but we are currently rolling so let's stay optimistic and look ahead a bit. If we were to win the division, have a home Wild Card game, and subsequently win said game, would you rather go to Dallas or Seattle for a second round game?

Personally, I would be extremely confident playing at Dallas, considering Aaron played one of the best games of his career there (SB45) and just dominates in domes (the unlikely scenario of going to Atlanta would be good as well). I don't care if the Cowboys crushed us this year and we destroyed the Seahawks. There is just an aura about that Seahawks team, in Seattle, and the nightmarish finish two years ago, that makes me say I'd rather face the potentially 14-2 Cowboys. In perfect conditions, I'll take my chances with Aaron Rodgers and our receivers every time, he always plays well there.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers defense has Wilson and Seattle figured out.

Wilson hasn't been good against the Packerst three games in a row.

Therefore, I'd rather go to Seattle.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather go to Seattle. We've outplayed Seattle in the majority of our recent games, though the score didn't always reflect that. I think they know how to play them. We can move the ball and score points on them and defensively, their offensive line is bad enough we can pressure Wilson. Against Dallas, our secondary look terrible with all the time they'll have to throw and it will just turn into a pick your poison game and the defense will be on its heels all day long guessing pass or run and doing nothing but give up yards in chunks.

If our offense can match it, great, but i don't trust our defense in dallas at all. I trust our offense at either place.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle for sure, Dallas is just a better team all around. I seen life from Aaron throwing against the LoB, and without Earl Thomas that defense is nothing to fear.

I think Dallas could just control the game and keep AR off the field.

In perfect conditions, I'll take my chances with Aaron Rodgers and our receivers every time, he always plays well there.

Where did this illusion of AR being great on turf come from? That 2010 playoff run? AR is actually significantly worse in his career on turf.

For his career.
On Grass: 105.2 Rating 65.3 completion 4.36 TD to INT 14.96 drop backs per sack 457 drop backs per fumble

On Turf: 99.1 Rating 64.3 completion 3.1 TD to INT 10.76 drop backs per sack 115.2 drop backs per fumble

Statistically he is worse in just about every passing metric imaginable on turf. Now a lot has to do with these being away games. But I wouldn't ever say he is better on turf than grass. Just no stat supports that at all.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll say this. If it aligns where we end up going to Seattle, a victory in the postseason would be poetic justice.

And you wanna talk about our guys being amped up to play? Lawwwwd.

D

Deleted member 6794

Where did this illusion of AR being great on turf come from? That 2010 playoff run? AR is actually significantly worse in his career on turf.

For his career.
On Grass: 105.2 Rating 65.3 completion 4.36 TD to INT 14.96 drop backs per sack 457 drop backs per fumble

On Turf: 99.1 Rating 64.3 completion 3.1 TD to INT 10.76 drop backs per sack 115.2 drop backs per fumble

Statistically he is worse in just about every passing metric imaginable on turf. Now a lot has to do with these being away games. But I wouldn't ever say he is better on turf than grass. Just no stat supports that at all.

I guess the original poster was talking about Rodgers´ performance in domes though where he has been more efficient than outdoors. Here are his numbers since becoming a starter in 2008:

Outdoors: 64.5% completion, 7.80 yards per attempt, 233 TD, 61 INT (3.82 ratio), 102.4 rating
Domes: 68.1% completion, 8.52 yards per attempt, 55 TD, 12 INT (4.58 ratio), 110.7 rating

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the original poster was talking about Rodgers´ performance in domes though where he has been more efficient than outdoors. Here are his numbers since becoming a starter in 2008:

Outdoors: 64.5% completion, 7.80 yards per attempt, 233 TD, 61 INT (3.82 ratio), 102.4 rating
Domes: 68.1% completion, 8.52 yards per attempt, 55 TD, 12 INT (4.58 ratio), 110.7 rating

That is interesting... His win percentage however is much lower. Not sure if this includes the playoffs or not.

Outdoors: 78-37 : 67.8%
Dome: 11-10 : 52.3%

But from his stats, looks like the blame is on AR. Maybe the defense doesn't have enough speed to travel to a dome?

And stats are deceiving like this... Dome could be grass (Arizona), can have outdoor turf (New England, Baltimore, Buffalo... etc)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That is interesting... His win percentage however is much lower. Not sure if this includes the playoffs or not.

But from his stats, looks like the blame is on AR. Maybe the defense doesn't have enough speed to travel to a dome?

And stats are deceiving like this... Dome could be grass (Arizona), can have outdoor turf (New England, Baltimore, Buffalo... etc)
Yeah, the only problem is the opposing teams offense is playing in perfect conditions as well.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to agree with an earlier poster, the Pack has Seattle figured out, and we know how to rattle Wilson.
So, Seattle!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I want this "Run" to go right through Seattle. "Smell Blood" and time to finish em. There on tbe ropes.

They can't match up witb our current personnel we have without Earl Thomas.

I Want Rodgers to go into that Mickey Mouse House and throw 40 on em.

OP
OP
Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually wasn't aware of the specific stats of turf versus grass for Rodgers, so thanks to all who provided those. I've watched every game he has ever played, and I'm basing a lot of this perceived success indoors on my own personal eye test. (i.e. Atlanta every time, Superbowl, Houston a few years back, just to name a few)

That being said, I agree that it would be incredibly vindicating and satisfying to go through Seattle, and this team would be motivated as all hell. And I think they would be all the same about going into Dallas to face a team that has been built up and put on a pedestal and embarrassed them earlier in the season. In any case, the Packers will almost definitely need to go through BOTH of these locations if they want to reach their goals.

#RunTheTable

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'd like to go to my backyard.
But since it's very unlikely they are going to play a game there, probably a bit too small, I'll just stay in the comforts of home than go anywhere.

NYPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dallas is a more talented team than Seattle, especially without Earl Thomas. Obviously the 'hawks have a great home field advantage, but I'd rather face a less talented team that we've already beaten, and beaten soundly.

Dak is a cool cat but maybe the hype around a rookie going to the superbowl would get to him for the championship game.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The difference is winning percentage between outdoors and indoors is most likely due to the Packers playing home games outdoors.

I think a more useful stat would be records in outdoor vs indoor away games.

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rather risk injury and all of effort on dallas than on sea. We can take care of sea with minimum effort.

Wait....what? Is this a back to back schedule scenario? If so, then my ruling stands but if u are asking which team id rather face i'd say seapimps!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would prefer not having to face Dallas at all. I think their offense presents a match-up nightmare for our Defense. Give me the Seahawks, Falcons or Giants and let someone else knock Dallas out and we will see the winner in the NFCCG.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread, such a match-up quite possibly could set all-time TV ratings for a non-Super Bowl NFL game. Plus, we owe 'em one. Beat the best to be the best.

I'd imagine they probably feel like they still owe us one from two years ago.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread, such a match-up quite possibly could set all-time TV ratings for a non-Super Bowl NFL game. Plus, we owe 'em one. Beat the best to be the best.

And they could quite possibly blow us out as well. No way on earth do I want this defense to face that offense.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC West has our # in the playoffs. All these loses to San Fran, Arizona, and Seattle since Rodgers has taken over the past several years. Idk. I only say that because this defense can get lit up at any time by anyone.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
NFC West has our # in the playoffs. All these loses to San Fran, Arizona, and Seattle since Rodgers has taken over the past several years. Idk. I only say that because this defense can get lit up at any time by anyone.
I agree on the "getting lit up at any time" part. Maybe Captain has a spread sheet, but seems like if we win the turnover battle, we can win the game. Guys should be watching the film on Julius Peppers strip sack, we need more of that! We also need our front 7 to get to the QB, if Bradford and/or Stafford are given the kind of time Barkley had, we might be in trouble.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We have to do both back to back anyway so it doesn't matter. Gun to my head? I'd go with Seattle hoping someone else like Tampa takes out Dallas to get the NFCCG at Lambeau. We'd get the Giants first round as the lowest division winner. I don't see a Seattle option unless Detroit or Tampa gets the WC and take out Atlanta while we do the Giants.

Members online

Latest posts