Where would you rather go for a divisional game?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If I had to name the "sweetest path" to the Lombardi it would be......Giants----->Seahawks----->Cowboys----->Patriots. Win those 4 games in a row and even Capers might keep his job. :coffee:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
NFC West has our # in the playoffs. All these loses to San Fran, Arizona, and Seattle since Rodgers has taken over the past several years. Idk. I only say that because this defense can get lit up at any time by anyone.

This is true but NFC West is pretty bad this year. Seattle has won it basically by default. All those teams you listed were better then this Seahawks team this year.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I choose Dallas because weird stuff seem to happen when we play Seattle. The stuff they let those guys get away with is unexplainable.

D

Deleted member 6794

The difference is winning percentage between outdoors and indoors is most likely due to the Packers playing home games outdoors.

I think a more useful stat would be records in outdoor vs indoor away games.

Rodgers is 23-22 outdoors on the road during his career while being 13-12 indoors and in stadiums with a retractable roof.

Maybe Captain has a spread sheet, but seems like if we win the turnover battle, we can win the game.

The Packers have won the turnover battle 84 times since 2008 going 70-13-1 (.839) in those games. This is a league wide trend though as teams have a combined record of 136-44-1 (.754) this season when winning the turnover margin.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers have won the turnover battle 84 times since 2008 going 70-13-1 (.839) in those games. This is a league wide trend though as teams have a combined record of 136-44-1 (.754) this season when winning the turnover margin.
Turnover margin is the single most critical element of football, basically on any level. It's funny how analysts all breakdown the tape and say well if team A does this, or if team B does that. But you could pretty much sum it all up to say, whichever team wins the turnover battle is going to win the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Turnover margin is the single most critical element of football, basically on any level. It's funny how analysts all breakdown the tape and say well if team A does this, or if team B does that. But you could pretty much sum it all up to say, whichever team wins the turnover battle is going to win the game.

When I think of turnovers and how they change things, I always remember the 1985 Super Bowl Champs Chicago Bears. I think that team was a crazy +23 in turnovers. That defense was an intercepting machine (34) as well as being taught to punch, slap, poke, pull, do just about anything to force a fumble and it worked. We saw a glimpse of that with Peppers this past weekend when he strip sacked Barkley. There is always the risk of a missed tackle, when you strictly go for the ball, but at this point in the season, our defense may just have to continue getting turnovers in order for this team to keep winning.

Speaking of turnovers, our offense has been doing really well as of late with this and Monty hanging on to the ball in his new found role scared me a bit, but so far, so good.

D

Deleted member 6794

When I think of turnovers and how they change things, I always remember the 1985 Super Bowl Champs Chicago Bears. I think that team was a crazy +23 in turnovers.

FYI the 1983 Washington Redskins still hold the record for the best all-time turnover margin at +43. They finished the season 14-2 ending up losing the Super Bowl to the Rams. It´s even more important in the playoffs as 11 of 12 teams with the best turnover margin in postseason history have won the Super Bowl.

Sky King

Reaction score
The Los Angeles Raiders beat the Redskins 38-9 on January 22, 1984 in the Super Bowl that had concluded the 1983 season. The Rams and Redskins were both in the NFC then and now. Therefore, they could not have played one another for the championship.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
FYI the 1983 Washington Redskins still hold the record for the best all-time turnover margin at +43. They finished the season 14-2 ending up losing the Super Bowl to the Rams. It´s even more important in the playoffs as 11 of 12 teams with the best turnover margin in postseason history have won the Super Bowl.

That is an incredible number for Washington and works out to 2+ more turnovers per game than their opponents. That will keep you in games where your Defense might be struggling. I noticed that one of their losses that year was against the Packers in the infamous Monday Night shootout at Lambeau, final score 48-47. Turnovers that night were even at 1 apiece. The Defense for Washington that year gave up quite a few points, but I am guessing turnovers played a key part in their success. I think this could be the case in the rest of the Packers season, keep getting/forcing turnovers at opportune times and offensively, they can stay in and win any game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Los Angeles Raiders beat the Redskins 38-9 on January 22, 1984 in the Super Bowl that had concluded the 1983 season. The Rams and Redskins were both in the NFC then and now. Therefore, they could not have played one another for the championship.

I'm confused by that? The L.A. Raiders were an AFC Team in 1983 and they DID play the NFC Redskins in the SB.

EDIT: Got ya, Captain accidently said "Rams", when he meant "Raiders". NM

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, you´re right about that.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was basically referring to 'things to do' and weather. We moved from there 17 years ago just to get away from what you mention.

Sky King

Reaction score
Was basically referring to 'things to do' and weather. We moved from there 17 years ago just to get away from what you mention.
The weather is a nice draw in L.A. We occasionally abandon the desert in favor of the coast for a week here and there during mid to late Summer. It's about a five-hour drive for us to hit the coast. Still, I would prefer to spend that time back in WI. That additional 20 hours of driving time is the difference maker. :)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember watching that Super Bowl . It featured the famous Marcus Allen reverse the field TD run.. that is on all of his highlight reels

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously this is very premature, but we are currently rolling so let's stay optimistic and look ahead a bit. If we were to win the division, have a home Wild Card game, and subsequently win said game, would you rather go to Dallas or Seattle for a second round game?

Personally, I would be extremely confident playing at Dallas, considering Aaron played one of the best games of his career there (SB45) and just dominates in domes (the unlikely scenario of going to Atlanta would be good as well). I don't care if the Cowboys crushed us this year and we destroyed the Seahawks. There is just an aura about that Seahawks team, in Seattle, and the nightmarish finish two years ago, that makes me say I'd rather face the potentially 14-2 Cowboys. In perfect conditions, I'll take my chances with Aaron Rodgers and our receivers every time, he always plays well there.

I've been saying it for a while now and I'm with you on this.

Assuming Dallas and Seattle do win the top 2 seeds, which right now after Detroit's loss last week and Seattle holding the cards against Atlanta seems most likely.

To me, while the Cowboys have continued to find ways to win, their overall performance to me has been declining, and I think Dak is really going to feel the heat of the playoffs take its toll on him just as most rookies do. We lost to the Cowboys last time because Rodgers was trying to do too much and was firing balls way off even when guys were open. If he had been playing with any semblance of how he is now, I think we woulda murdered the Cowboys. Their MVP is clearly Zeke E, and if you slow him down just enough to give your offense enough chances to possess the ball and maybe hit some quick strikes, they're very beatable.

I agree on Seattle too, in fact the fact that we beat them badly here in Lambeau is what would make me nervous about playing them in their house. They will have not forgotten that embarrassment and with that 12th man now, they'd certainly be looking to get revenge.

Although ... I guess you could say barring them somehow having a big divisional round meltdown, us beating the Cowboys would probably mean a trip once again to the Link for the NFCCG.

D

Deleted member 6794

We lost to the Cowboys last time because Rodgers was trying to do too much and was firing balls way off even when guys were open. If he had been playing with any semblance of how he is now, I think we woulda murdered the Cowboys. Their MVP is clearly Zeke E, and if you slow him down just enough to give your offense enough chances to possess the ball and maybe hit some quick strikes, they're very beatable.

The Packers actually moved the ball pretty efficiently vs. the Cowboys, using the ball control, short passing offense for the first time but turned the ball over four times.

While I agree that the key to stopping the Cowboys is to contain Elliott that is a tough task, especially with their elite offensive line.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could beat Dallas, but of course we'd have to play exceptionally well. I just don't like our defensive front against their offensive line. Forcing errant throws is about the only way we ever get turnovers. Occasionally we'll get a fumble, but with our pass rush against a formidable offensive line, i'm not holding my breath.

I'd like to play them again, I think our offense could put enough pressure on them to force the offense into some mistakes. But I don't trust our defense to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts