Where do you think we'll finish next season? (Post-Draft edits...)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-5, including a clean sweep of the NFC North. Don't like that we'll most likely face Tenn., Buffalo and NE mid-season, after the Bye. Hate, hate, hate having an early bye... makes for a very long stretch into the playoffs with no down-time for injuries.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we don't have to play the 49ers in the playoffs, we will win the Super Bowl.
We either lose to the 49ers in the playoffs, or to whatever the hot team is in the NFC that particular year. The only sure thing lately is that team is not us.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way the Packer's roster was built, they were basically a dome team with a home field disadvantage in the playoffs the past decade. Too often the roster had a glaring hole thst was easily exploited. I think the current roster is the most balanced since the 2010 Super Bowl team.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's early. I know too many things are up in air.

Still, I'd like to gauge how fans feel at the moment.

So? Win the division? Losing record? What's your outlook, right now?

No ifs and buts. Don't qualify your response. Just a honest how you feel now response. Doesn't have to be right. But just how you feel now.

Barring injuries (especially to #12), I believe Green Bay can once again win the NFC North. After that, it's hard to tell...Injuries play a part both for the Pack and potential playoff opponents, but Green Bay has as good a shot as anyone to win it all.

Looking forward to seeing how our defense performs this year, and hopefully improved special teams.

Go Pack Go!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's early. I know too many things are up in air.

Still, I'd like to gauge how fans feel at the moment.

So? Win the division? Losing record? What's your outlook, right now?

No ifs and buts. Don't qualify your response. Just a honest how you feel now response. Doesn't have to be right. But just how you feel now.

I expect the offense to struggle early on...New OC, new (old) quarterbacks coach, a bunch of new receivers, so there may be an adjustment period.

I think our defense can be pretty good. On paper, at least, there is a lot of talent on that side of the ball, and Joe Barry proved to be quite capable as a DC last year.

I'm looking for a sizeable upgrade on special teams, based solely on the new coach there. We'll see how that pans out.

The Pack was wone 13 games for three straight years...Why not make it four?

13-4, and a deeper playoff run this time.

Go Pack Go!

Reaction score
We either lose to the 49ers in the playoffs, or to whatever the hot team is in the NFC that particular year. The only sure thing lately is that team is not us.
The 49ers are a great team. Make no mistake
Yet the Packers beat themselves by allowing guys to run free into our Kicker/Punter. Aside from that, the SF 49ers where largely underwhelming and we would’ve represented better against the Rams
I think we will have close to the same record, and be in the running for a SB, things need to fall right for us and we need not to throw it away. In my opinion since the last SB we gave away one for sure SB return with stupidity in SEA, and a legit chance last year.
exactly what I was thinking ShelbyFixer! I mean Jetfixer :whistling: The other playoff losses we got beat by the better team. Arizona, Giants, SF blowout, even 2020 Tampa was just admittedly getting beat by a better opponent, as a whole.

2014, 2021 we beat ourselves. We were likely 1 poor ST play away from advancing to a SB and a NFC game at Lambeau. This year we will emphasize ST. I love the fact Barnes will be involved more in ST, he’s really a very good player. I saw some film of his and he’s always around that ball on ST.

Last edited:

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I expect the offense to struggle early on...New OC, new (old) quarterbacks coach.
You are aware that it always was and still is LaFleur's offense right? Steno will be just fine. Steno's main job like Hackett's was, will be just doing anything he can to make Matt's job easier.

Aaron and Tom Clements are very close. This will be smoothest transition in the history of QB coach and quarterbacks. J-Love will also benefit greatly from Tom, Tom Clements knows how to develop young QBs. Something that Luke Getsy had no clue about doing.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are aware that it always was and still is LaFleur's offense right? Steno will be just fine. Steno's main job like Hackett's was, will be just doing anything he can to make Matt's job easier.

Aaron and Tom Clements are very close. This will be smoothest transition in the history of QB coach and quarterbacks. J-Love will also benefit greatly from Tom, Tom Clements knows how to develop young QBs. Something that Luke Getsy had no clue about doing.

I hope so.

We'll see.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers are a great team. Make no mistake
Yet the Packers beat themselves by allowing guys to run free into our Kicker/Punter. Aside from that, the SF 49ers where largely underwhelming and we would’ve represented better against the Rams
I don't think the 49ers are so great, but for whatever reason we haven't been able to beat any iteration of them in the playoffs with Rodgers. There are a thousand different ways a game can go, but this team finds ways to lose the big games. I don't mean to be negative, but something broke in me last year. Aside from the last 11 years of futility, they've blown the #1 seed two years in a row. I'm not saying they can't get it done, but at this point there going to have to convince me.

Reaction score
I don't think the 49ers are so great, but for whatever reason we haven't been able to beat any iteration of them in the playoffs with Rodgers. There are a thousand different ways a game can go, but this team finds ways to lose the big games. I don't mean to be negative, but something broke in me last year. Aside from the last 11 years of futility, they've blown the #1 seed two years in a row. I'm not saying they can't get it done, but at this point there going to have to convince me.
Oh don’t get me wrong. I spit on my TV that last game
Whatever you do. Don’t tell a soul :speechless:

PS. The spit was unintentional as I shouted to FIRE Drayton!
But Spit is spit

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't believe Stenavich being the offensive coordinator or Clements the QB coach will result in the offense struggling early but the lack of proven talent at wide receiver and tight end could possibly lead to a slow start on the side of the ball.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't have expected the Cardinals to contend for the #1 seed even with Hopkins available all season long.

I highly doubt the Lions will be a threat to win the division as long as Goff is their quarterback.
It actually might be better if they had another lousy year and got a top 5 pick. Seems like the QB class is pretty good in 2023. And yeah, they aren't going to win much with Goff.

This is a different subject, but why did Detroit trade for Goff and his outrageous salary? I know they got a boatload of picks for Stafford, but from the SB champs, so all late round picks.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe Stenavich being the offensive coordinator or Clements the QB coach will result in the offense struggling early but the lack of proven talent at wide receiver and tight end could possibly lead to a slow start on the side of the ball.
It could lead to a slow season on that side of the ball, at least for the passing game.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is a different subject, but why did Detroit trade for Goff and his outrageous salary? I know they got a boatload of picks for Stafford, but from the SB champs, so all late round picks.

If I recall correctly the Rams wouldn't have been able to acquire Stafford and fit him under their cap without trading away Goff.

Reaction score
As long as we don't have to play the 49ers in the playoffs, we will win the Super Bowl.
I know that’s a common perception after them beating us what 3 times in Rodgers tenure in postseason? However, I’m not afraid of the 49ers. They were fortunate to get a last second Win there in GB.
They did beat us. I Give them credit. I also watched us stink it up pretty bad in our ST phase. I doubt that happens in a rematch.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that’s a common perception after them beating us what 3 times in Rodgers tenure in postseason? However, I’m not afraid of the 49ers. They were fortunate to get a last second Win there in GB.
They did beat us. I Give them credit. I also watched us stink it up pretty bad in our ST phase. I doubt that happens in a rematch.
The 49ers are Rodgers' version of Favre's Cowboys. His favorite team growing up, can't beat them in the playoffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts