Where do you think we'll finish next season? (Post-Draft edits...)

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without our Top 2 WRs....I still see us winning the division.

Good thing all the upgrades are happening in AFC. We'd still be somewhere top of NFC but a very poor SB contender.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Without our Top 2 WRs....I still see us winning the division.

Good thing all the upgrades are happening in AFC. We'd still be somewhere top of NFC but a very poor SB contender.
Well Da Bears signed ESB, we should probably start fearing them more! :coffee:

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So post draft, I still think we will win the Division and the Conference will be three-way between us, Cards and Bucs.

I think we have a healthy chance for #1 seed too.

Be a bloodbath in AFC though with Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Browns (with Watson if he plays), Broncos, Chiefs, and Titans/Dolphins being a good wild card.

Are we as good as any of those teams....hmm hard to say as of now.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So post draft, I still think we will win the Division and the Conference will be three-way between us, Cards and Bucs.

Be a bloodbath in AFC though with Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Browns (with Watson if he plays), Broncos, Chiefs, and Titans/Dolphins being a good wild card.

I got the Green Bay Packers winning the Super Bowl this year as the #1 seed in the NFC and overall NFL #1 seed.

Reaction score
I think our Defense is going to start in that modest top #12-#15 range but make a turn mid season. That turn will finish in the top #8 (which means it’ll play like a top #5 down the stretch and will be Reminiscent of the 2014 Packers

Our Offense might have some growing pains until about the 3rd quarter of the season. Starting in that 5-3 range and then going on a nice 5 game Win streak and finishing 12-5 as a #2 Seed. I’m expecting a Rushing surge, our OL just got juiced with serious competition and we should get either David or Elgton back or both. GB will increase yards per carry by almost a full yard.

The bigger story will be the reemergence on Special teams.
Rich should get them into respectable range (top 15) his first season. Even expect a few bold trick plays down the stretch or in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our Defense is going to start in that modest top #12-#15 range but make a turn mid season. That turn will finish in the top #8 (which means it’ll play like a top #5 down the stretch and will be Reminiscent of the 2014 Packers

Our Offense might have some growing pains until about the 3rd quarter of the season. Starting in that 5-3 range and then going on a nice 5 game Win streak and finishing 12-5 as a #2 Seed.

Rich should get them into respectable range (top 15) his first season.
Sounds about right.

Reaction score
17-0 Packers win the Super Bowl
Offense scores 600+ points
Defense gives up 200 or LESS points
So… you have our Defense somewhere between the 1966 Packers and the 2000 Baltimore Ravens and a wee bit better than the ‘76 Steelers, but not yet quite the 1985 Bears

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think the Cardinals will be a legit contender for the #1 seed in the NFC.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, I am pessimistic about 2022 and don't see the Packers making the playoffs and they end up 8-9. Now for some real crazy talk - I think the Lions win the division.
I don't know if the talk about the Lions winning the division is crazy. Improbable is more like it. What wouldn't surprise me is if they finished with a winning record and in second place. That would still be a hell of a year for them.

And if they crash and burn again, which is also possible, they finally get their QB next year.

As for the Packers, this looks like an 11-6 year with a deep playoff run. They'll start slow and then peak at the end of the regular season. SB? Who knows.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Our Offense might have some growing pains until about the 3rd quarter of the season. Starting in that 5-3 range and then going on a nice 5 game Win streak and finishing 12-5 as a #2 Seed. I’m expecting a Rushing surge, our OL just got juiced with serious competition and we should get either David or Elgton back or both. GB will increase yards per carry by almost a full yard.

Rich should get them into respectable range (top 15) his first season. Even expect a few bold trick plays down the stretch or in the playoffs.
Makes sense. A lot of new guys this year, an entirely new (well almost) WR group. They'll have it together by mid to late October.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Makes sense. A lot of new guys this year, an entirely new (well almost) WR group. They'll have it together by mid to late October.
Opening week in theory could have most of the same players starting as most of last season. Exceptions are Jaire instead of King as third CB, Bahk pushing Nijman to right side replacing Turner, a WR and a TE. The rest CAN BE the same but I'd hope Reed/Wyatt replace Lowry, Walker replaces Barnes, someone beats out Lazard and the best 5 shuffles the OL.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do not sleep on the Chargers. They had a nice off season and draft.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You think the Cards finish ahead of the Rams and Niners? Forgetting the Seahawks for this year, I don't see the Cards winning the West. Maybe 2nd, most likely third. You forgot about the East which I think goes to the Eagles this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opening week in theory could have most of the same players starting as most of last season. Exceptions are Jaire instead of King as third CB, Bahk pushing Nijman to right side replacing Turner, a WR and a TE. The rest CAN BE the same but I'd hope Reed/Wyatt replace Lowry, Walker replaces Barnes, someone beats out Lazard and the best 5 shuffles the OL.
Interesting having someone beating out Lazard for WR #1. I mean I hope that happens, just not sure who. I don't see as a #1 WR anywhere.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting having someone beating out Lazard for WR #1. I mean I hope that happens, just not sure who. I don't see as a #1 WR anywhere.
I don't know what everyone else sees, but I fully expect one of these rookie receivers, if not, both Watson and Dobbs to supplant Lazard by mid-season. I think Watkins starts as the X opening week.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm just glad that we play both the NFC and AFC East this season. I think a few of those teams (Jets, Eagles) had good drafts, but I don't see any of them being all that good this season, just the Bills.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what everyone else sees, but I fully expect one of these rookie receivers, if not, both Watson and Dobbs to supplant Lazard by mid-season. I think Watkins starts as the X opening week.
I hope you're right. Watkins should have no trouble starting the season as the #1 WR.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so. I prefer women. Hey but you go ahead Packerbacker. No judging here.

Reaction score
And here I thought “where will we finish next season” had to do with our record in football.:coffee:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I concur, I think they will have three losses in the first six weeks without Hopkins

I wouldn't have expected the Cardinals to contend for the #1 seed even with Hopkins available all season long.

I don't know if the talk about the Lions winning the division is crazy. Improbable is more like it. What wouldn't surprise me is if they finished with a winning record and in second place. That would still be a hell of a year for them.

And if they crash and burn again, which is also possible, they finally get their QB next year.

I highly doubt the Lions will be a threat to win the division as long as Goff is their quarterback.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts