When will we win our next SB?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I’m 29 so I’d say by the time I’m in my 60s when they probly will figure it out..

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm encouraged by Gute... I like most of his picks and moves.

Hated the Burks pick though, and that gives me pause b/c it might mean status quo in the scouting dept.

The Packers have been horrific at evaluating and drafting defensive talent over the years, especially at LB. That needs to change fast if we are to win another SB while we still have Rodgers.

Reaction score
I know many in here don’t want to hear this.. but the 2020 (season end) is my guess. But I think we will get one SB and get at minimum very close a second time before #12 retires.

We’re missing too many pieces right now and we’re too green, we need a little more gold.
I believe that GB is feeling the effects of picking low in the draft for consecutive years combined until the 2018 offseason allowed us to restock the pantry with the basics.

On the positive side is we have all seen a new approach recently. 2018 FA NET acquisitions so far to me grade out higher than previous years. We have yet to see their potential, but don’t count Jimmie Graham out just yet, he is basically in the infancy stages of his tenure here..with just the first 5 games behind us out of a 48 game contract, not including possible post season stretches so that’s probably less than 10% of his time here.

As far as signings? Some IMO are good and some not so much.. I liked the Breeland type value pic, but I still think we should’ve signed Jordy at least 1-2 more years on the cheap into the transition, then stayed pat through round 3 to see if Burks slid (still believe Oren would’ve been there opening day 3 for the taking). We could’ve been patient and picked 2 WRs and used the 3rd pick and the Burks trade to get a 5th and 6th round depth player at OG, ILB, etc..

IMO, I believe trading for a future additional 2019 1st rounder was possibly evidence of some internal insight to the front office medium range plans.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know many in here don’t want to hear this.. but 2020 is my guess.
Not sure why people wouldn't want to hear that, since it sounds like a pretty optimistic prediction. Compared to what our chances look like at the moment, I would take that deal. If I knew we were winning a Super Bowl in two years (unless you mean one year), I'd be thrilled.

Reaction score
Not sure why people wouldn't want to hear that, since it sounds like a pretty optimistic prediction. Compared to what our chances look like at the moment, I would take that deal. If I knew we were winning a Super Bowl in two years (unless you mean one year), I'd be thrilled.
True that! Yeah, good point I didn’t clarify but revised it to 2020 “season”. Thank you.
I do really think GB took 2 steps back and is about to take baby Steps forward this season, a step forward next season.. and then we should be tee”d up nicely to pound one 325 yards down the Lombardi fairway.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope we win at least one more with Rodgers. It would be disappointing to have 30-35 years of hall of fame quarterback play and walk away with only two Super Bowls.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do really think GB took 2 steps back and is about to take baby Steps forward this season, a step forward next season.. and then we should be tee”d up nicely to pound one 325 yards down the Lombardi fairway.
....Aaaaand Rodgers breaks his leg in the ninth game. Sorry, the pessimist in me had to say that.

I just hope we win at least one more with Rodgers.
If you would have told me in February 2011 that we would win just one more Super Bowl with Rodgers, I would have been disappointed. After all, we had just won the big one "the hard way". Now one Super Bowl sounds about like the best we could hope for.

Cowherd gets a lot of flak for criticizing Rodgers, but he said a week or two ago that he thought Rodgers would win another Super Bowl with the Packers. So he sounds more optimistic than a lot of fans. But he changes his mind a lot, so this week he's likely to say he'll never win another one. He just goes with his mood. He's not the only one. If you look at the prediction thread for this season, there are a lot of Super Bowl wins predicted there (I'm guilty of one of them). If you ask these same posters now, they might not be so enthusiastic.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that the end of 2020 is our best shot in the foreseeable future. If not then, maybe 2021. 2 more years should give Gute all the time he needs to create the team he envisions, and if it's everything we hope it will be, 2020 should be the year it all comes together.

If you would have told me in February 2011 that we would win just one more Super Bowl with Rodgers, I would have been disappointed. After all, we had just won the big one "the hard way". Now one Super Bowl sounds about like the best we could hope for.

At the time, I was hoping we'd win one more, and in fact considered it probable - but by no means certain. I've never trusted McCarthy. I figured maybe Rodgers would win one more in spite of McCarthy, but would have considered it a miracle to win more than one more. I guess I'm pretty much in the same place, except I'm a lot less confident that we'll even win the one more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have been horrific at evaluating and drafting defensive talent over the years, especially at LB. That needs to change fast if we are to win another SB while we still have Rodgers.

The Packers have mostly been terrible at drafting defensive backs. The number of early rounders spent on the secondary have resulted in a lack of talent at other positions as well.

Reaction score
The onside kick debacle would have without a doubt in my mind been SB win #2. Now though... Whenever we can stop paying Perry and Matthews. I may be in the minority, but when Rodgers got his knee messed up in game 1 and came back out, my first reaction was not "oh wow 12 is so tough!", my first thought was we gave away the farm to a QB that has not been able to stay healthy in years and he goes down again; I'm thinking "he better limp back out here for all the money we just gave him." Maybe that is unfair to him but damn I am a Packers fan, not just an Aaron Rodgers fan.

D

Deleted member 6794

I may be in the minority, but when Rodgers got his knee messed up in game 1 and came back out, my first reaction was not "oh wow 12 is so tough!", my first thought was we gave away the farm to a QB that has not been able to stay healthy in years and he goes down again; I'm thinking "he better limp back out here for all the money we just gave him." Maybe that is unfair to him but damn I am a Packers fan, not just an Aaron Rodgers fan.

There's no doubt that Rodgers not being able to stay healthy has been a major issue for the Packers over the past few years and would continue to be one moving forward.

Reaction score
....Aaaaand Rodgers breaks his leg in the ninth game. Sorry, the pessimist in me had to say that.

so this week he's likely to say he'll never win another one. He just goes with his mood. He's not the only one. If you look at the prediction thread for this season, there are a lot of Super Bowl wins predicted there (I'm guilty of one of them). If you ask these same posters now, they might not be so enthusiastic.

I did not think we would win a SB this year, BUT I DEFINITELY thought our offense would be way better than it has been. Why doesn't Rodgers like staying in the pocket? Please stay in the pocket more and go for 6-10 yard passes for first downs instead of throwing 20 + yards down field every time. I swear if you throw 6-10 yard passes, eventually you will get to the end zone. I promise!

D

Deleted member 6794

I did not think we would win a SB this year, BUT I DEFINITELY thought our offense would be way better than it has been. Why doesn't Rodgers like staying in the pocket? Please stay in the pocket more and go for 6-10 yard passes for first downs instead of throwing 20 + yards down field every time. I swear if you throw 6-10 yard passes, eventually you will get to the end zone. I promise!

Rodgers is actually only 19th in deep passing attempt percentage in the league. Unfortunately he hasn't been extremely successful on those plays this year, ranking 17th in passer rating.

Reaction score
Rodgers is actually only 19th in deep passing attempt percentage in the league. Unfortunately he hasn't been extremely successful on those plays this year, ranking 17th in passer rating.

That is a good stat. So let me ask you this, do you like scramble out of the pocket Aaron or do you prefer we work an offense plan to keep him in the pocket?

D

Deleted member 6794

That is a good stat. So let me ask you this, do you like scramble out of the pocket Aaron or do you prefer we work an offense plan to keep him in the pocket?

Rodgers is the most efficient quarterback in league history. While the offense has struggled at times early this season there's no need for him to change by any means.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is the most efficient quarterback in league history. While the offense has struggled at times early this season there's no need for him to change by any means.
I’m not sure he can change .... however I’m not sure I agree that he shouldn’t try at times. I really do think he gets frustrated with the short efficient passes. He is a great QB ... but he is not perfect.