When will we win our next SB?

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m not sure he can change .... however I’m not sure I agree that he shouldn’t try at times. I really do think he gets frustrated with the short efficient passes. He is a great QB ... but he is not perfect.

Rodgers isn't perfect by any means but compared to other starting quarterbacks in the league he has been the most efficient since becoming a starter.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't perfect by any means but compared to other starting quarterbacks in the league he has been the most efficient since becoming a starter.
No one is arguing that... but perhaps most efficient does not equal best in all cases.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have mostly been terrible at drafting defensive backs. The number of early rounders spent on the secondary have resulted in a lack of talent at other positions as well.
Capt I think they might have got it right with alexander and jackson. Hope im not putting my foot in my mouth hehe

D

Deleted member 6794

No one is arguing that... but perhaps most efficient does not equal best in all cases.

In my opinion Rodgers being the most efficient equals him being the best.

Capt I think they might have got it right with alexander and jackson. Hope im not putting my foot in my mouth hehe

The performance of Alexander and Jackson early in their careers are definitely promising.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Rodgers being the most efficient equals him being the best.

The performance of Alexander and Jackson early in their careers are definitely promising.
lol... that’s why we all have our own opinions.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team needs a set of safeties and a good pass rusher before we can hit another Superb Owl. Hopefully we can get one or both next off-season but I'm guessing 2 years, as long as Alexander, King, and Jackson don't have massive regressions like Rollins and Randall.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what's your definition of best, and who is it?
The point I was trying today make .... apparently badly ... was that there is no “one” definition. While stats like efficiency are nice ... they don’t always capture factors that are hard to define. I’m not ripping on Rodgers... I just think that sometimes being efficient may miss out on an opportunity even if it does carry more risk.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The point I was trying today make .... apparently badly ... was that there is no “one” definition. While stats like efficiency are nice ... they don’t always capture factors that are hard to define. I’m not ripping on Rodgers... I just think that sometimes being efficient may miss out on an opportunity even if it does carry more risk.
If you're Alex Smith checking down every single time then I understand your point. He's very efficient but not a very aggressive quarterback. Difficult to make that same argument with Rodgers. He has the unique ability to take chances and push the ball down the field, while also not putting it in harms way.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He could be even more efficient if he would just hit the open receiver instead of looking for the more difficult spectacular play.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers drags this sorry *** team to another NFC Title beatdown, Murphy better not think status quo is the right move. Honestly, does anyone really feel as though 2016 was worth it? In hindsight, maybe Rodgers not being superman would've led to coaching changes already. Instead, we got a beatdown at the hands of an elite team, and brought back the same junk.

D

Deleted member 6794

This team needs a set of safeties and a good pass rusher before we can hit another Superb Owl.

The Packers have enough talent at strong safety. They might need a free safety capable of playing single high to make a serious push for another Super Bowl.

He could be even more efficient if he would just hit the open receiver instead of looking for the more difficult spectacular play.

True, Rodgers has to be reminded by the coaching staff to not look for a big gain on every play from time to time.