WHAT THE....

Reaction score
We are fans. Anything we know, the opponents know as well. All things happening internally need to be kept internal. Always.
That’s what Coach Joe Pa used to tell ‘em :eek:
I’m sorry that was uncalled for right there. That’s just not right! :x3:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How dare he! He should be willing to be paid the minimum salary...said the owner of the team and the GM. Only in sports do fans demand players be willing to accept below market deals (plus, I've seen the players Gute drafts on offense, I doubt the cap savings would have helped the offense very much).
The point is (which went RIGHT over your head) that there comes a point where a QB has to decide if he wants as much money as possible or does he want to win. Clearly, winning isn't a priority for Rodgers. He expects the Packers to put a SB team around him with as little money as possible.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is (which went RIGHT over your head) that there comes a point where a QB has to decide if he wants as much money as possible or does he want to win. Clearly, winning isn't a priority for Rodgers. He expects the Packers to put a SB team around him with as little money as possible.
Sorry that’s ridiculous. I don’t like Rogers, wish we had traded him but - it’s his job to play the best football he can, it’s his agents job to get him as much money as possible. It’s the GM’s job to make it all fit together.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just because i think your point is ridiculous doesn’t mean it went over my head. Asking employees to take a pay cut that has no guarantee to make their jobs easier or better isn’t rational in the slightest.

D

Deleted member 6794

First of all I agree with other posters that it's unrealistic to expect Rodgers to take less money than his market value.

In addition he accounts for only 13.6% of the salary cap. Gutekunst could definitely surround him with a competitive roster. Unfortunately he messed up big time at wide receiver and tight end for this year.

The Chiefs seem to not have an issue with it despite Mahomes having a higher cap hit than Rodgers.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with the last 2 posts. It's commendable that someone like Brady would take a pay cut but
First of all I agree with other posters that it's unrealistic to expect Rodgers to take less money than his market value.

In addition he accounts for only 13.6% of the salary cap. Gutekunst could definitely surround him with a competitive roster. Unfortunately he messed up big time at wide receiver and tight end for this year.

The Chiefs seem to not have an issue with it despite Mahomes having a higher cap hit than Rodgers.
Exactly. You can't blame AR, he does what is best for himself

We should have a Poll on here asking all the posters to admit truthfully if they would or would not take a pay cut for their jobs/professions. For those who own, or are partners, who would ask/charge LESS for their services

I'm pretty sure that 100% would NOT take a cut and NOT charge less

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with the last 2 posts. It's commendable that someone like Brady would take a pay cut but

We should have a Poll on here asking all the posters to admit truthfully if they would or would not take a pay cut for their jobs/professions. For those who own, or are partners, who would ask/charge LESS for their services

When you only make 15 to 30 a hour you wont taken pay cut

Thats a horrible example

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed 100% of the people on this board if honest would not take a pay cut. Now if I had more money than I would ever need in my lifetime to take care of myself and any current or future family I would definitely take a reasonable pay cut if it would help the team win. But thats just me. I like winning.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed 100% of the people on this board if honest would not take a pay cut. Now if I had more money than I would ever need in my lifetime to take care of myself and any current or future family I would definitely take a reasonable pay cut if it would help the team win. But thats just me. I like winning.

There aren't any other players in the league taking a significant pay cut to help their team win. The NFLPA wouldn't like to see that in the first place.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also one of those things that's easy to talk about when you've never "been there". It's easy to say "what's the difference between 30m and 20m a year? Both is paying me more than I could ever need. I'd happily take 10m less to help my team win". But I'm willing to bet that quite a few of those guys who are making 10, 20, 30m are also guys who have previously said "it's not about the money" or "I'd take less, I don't need that much" or whatever.

Talking about it in theory, purely as a hypothetical is awfully easy. But I think most of us would probably have to admit that if push came to shove and our boss came to us and said "Would you like your salary to be 30m or 20m this year?" that just about everyone would say 30m without thinking twice.

Members online

Latest posts