Kj32kid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it the injuries? Was it AR missing key conversions? Or was it the coaching? 8 straight losses on the road. Where did our team go? What did you think needs to change?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Nothing can salvage this year. Time to look ahead to the draft and free agency. The hunt for a new head coach will keep the next 2-3 months interesting until we can dive deep into the draft.

OP
OP
K

Kj32kid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, the draft/ FA is the one bright spot this season. I am really excited too, the draft this year was tremendous compared to previous years.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New coaching staff definitely. Not throwing Gute under the bus. There was not a ton that he could have done this year with the cap space they were at. Not to mention, TT did him absolutely no favors with the thin depth everywhere.

They need S, OLB, OL depth badly.

My fear is that Murphy will just grin at the cameras and talk about how MM is still the coach next year.

OP
OP
K

Kj32kid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New coaching staff definitely. Not throwing Gute under the bus. There was not a ton that he could have done this year with the cap space they were at. Not to mention, TT did him absolutely no favors with the thin depth everywhere.

They need S, OLB, OL depth badly.

My fear is that Murphy will just grin at the cameras and talk about how MM is still the coach next year.

My thoughts exactly, Gute made the best of his first go. We got some talent in the rookie squad this season. With time, these guys are going to shine, provided they can stay healthy. Bolstering our O-line, DBs, and D-line is the way to go now. I think the offense will hum next season, with the new setup; they just need a good offseason to get in sync.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring back Dom Capers.
You can give me the red X all you want to but you cannot disagree that we were a winning team for all those years when we had him with the exception of the 2017 season.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring back Dom Capers.
You can give me the red X all you want to but you cannot disagree that we were a winning team for all those years when we had him with the exception of the 2017 season.

A classic case of "because of?" or "in spite of?".

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Offense the root of the problem is OL OL OL, Rodgers is so skiddish, he is afraid of injury. we have to upgrade guards early in draft and free agency. Andrew Luck looks like is old self now...because the Colts invested in OL.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Playcalling - Try something new and stop being so predictable
2. AR12 - Just throw the damn ball quickly and hurry up the offence. Stop trying to scramble with a makeshift O-Line.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Offense the root of the problem is OL OL OL, Rodgers is so skiddish, he is afraid of injury. we have to upgrade guards early in draft and free agency. Andrew Luck looks like is old self now...because the Colts invested in OL.
I dunno why he does it but we need to get the ball boy to stop polishing the balls using glue.
As for polishing my balls?
That's a secret.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft: OT, OLB, S, OG, OLB, ILB, S, WR, TE

McCarthy and all offensive coaches gone. If new HC wants to keep Pettine & whatever positional D coaches he wants I'm OK.

Vets gone: Matthews, Cobb, Graham, Bulaga, Perry, T. Davis, Kendricks, Lewis, T. Williams. None of these guys are worth the cap/salary so save $ and move on. If a player isn't available he's just using-up a roster space and cap. This would be $22Mil in dead $, but a cap savings of $20Mil jettisoning their salaries.

Gute needs to hit FA hard for reasonably priced vets at OT, an OLB and S.

- Team needs to develop team winning attitude, not "we have AR so we expect to win".
- One-on-one battles need to be won at EVERY o-line, LB and DB position.
- Receivers need to aggressively come back to AR if/when play breaks down instead of continuing away from him.
- Lost a lot when Kuhn left, need to re-utilize the FB position to win short-yardage situations.
- AR & the offense NEED to get back to the "move the chains" mentality. AR can still take "his shots" only when they're really there, not every 3rd down.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say some macro roster changes that have to be made are more dynamic playmakers brought to the offense like Paris Campbell this next offseason. Add of course our premier pass rusher and a better OL to the mix.

But on a smaller scale, just little things in games have to stop like this timeout burning crap. It's driven me nuts all year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring back Dom Capers.
I gave you the disagree but I’d give you 20 more if allowed. and a bunch of funnies too... since no rational person could possibly believe what you wrote so it must be a joke.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts