What made you a Packers fan?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I know I'll probably get some crap off this but I don't care

#4 is what made me a Packers fan, all the way back in 1993.

I was 11 years old, and Brett Favre was one of the biggest names down here in Sports. The closest team to me is New Orleans, and Favre's home town of Hattiesburg is about 6 hours away. They always sold his jerseys around here, and other Pack merchandise. I had a jersey around 1995, before they won the Super Bowl. You can say Green Bay was the team that folks rooted for back in the day down in the Gulf area while the Saints got the Ditka curse and Ricky Williams. I am no where close up north, but this was my team I chose when I was very young, and even after #4 left, they still have been my team. All pictures of my family from my childhood have me in that Favre jersey, while everyone else is wearing Saints gear lol.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I know I'll probably get some crap off this but I don't care

#4 is what made me a Packers fan, all the way back in 1993.

I was 11 years old, and Brett Favre was one of the biggest names down here in Sports. The closest team to me is New Orleans, and Favre's home town of Hattiesburg is about 6 hours away. They always sold his jerseys around here, and other Pack merchandise. I had a jersey around 1995, before they won the Super Bowl. You can say Green Bay was the team that folks rooted for back in the day down in the Gulf area while the Saints got the Ditka curse and Ricky Williams. I am no where close up north, but this was my team I chose when I was very young, and even after #4 left, they still have been my team. All pictures of my family from my childhood have me in that Favre jersey, while everyone else is wearing Saints gear lol.

Well...Favre used to be a god. Then he flew too close to the sun. Still he was fun to watch. There will never be another QB like him.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well...Favre used to be a god. Then he flew too close to the sun. Still he was fun to watch. There will never be another QB like him.

Yeah that is true, and same with so many other great quarterbacks but the magic wears off over time.

Steve Young and Brett Favre were my favorite QB's as a young kid, but I took Favre cause I liked the Packers better. I still think very high of Young, and will never down him, but I never could really like the 49ers growing up around die hard Saints fans when at the time the Saints and niners played in the same division, and god we hated them for being good.

CoachBo

Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5
Reaction score
Bob Long sold insurance for my uncle in the 1960s in the off-seasons. I'm told that I met Lombardi in 1965 at age 5, pointed at him and said, "McHale's Navy."

My father was horrified. He said Lombardi laughed heartily and said, "I wish." Then, he gave me a football autographed by the 1965 Packers - real, not the stamped variety.

Been a Packers fan all my life.

TonySchneider71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats Up everyone, new to the threads.

What made me a packer fan?

I'd say when I was 5 minutes old (yes you heard that right, 5 minutes old) my dad was in the St. Vincents Hospital Waiting room in Green Bay when he called in my reservation on the Season Tickets Waiting list in 1990. Been to 43 Packer Games, 3 Away games since then.

Sorry, to answer your question, I would say; Me being born made me a Packers Fan.

sportyme

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first time I watched NFL, it was Packers, since then I become a fan!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really, truely can't tell you why. I live in California, in 49ers country. I shouldn't be a Packers fan, but as far back as I can remember I have just always liked the Packers. I got my Favre jersey when I was about 11. I'm 25 now. I've been through ups and downs...always been a Packer fan.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I was sittin around trying to get my underwear off my head, and then I tripped over a stack of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, slit my foot open and fell onto a big slice of cheese. From that day forth, I was a Packer's fan.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Bob Long sold insurance for my uncle in the 1960s in the off-seasons. I'm told that I met Lombardi in 1965 at age 5, pointed at him and said, "McHale's Navy."

My father was horrified. He said Lombardi laughed heartily and said, "I wish." Then, he gave me a football autographed by the 1965 Packers - real, not the stamped variety.

Been a Packers fan all my life.
Do you still have the football?

GoPackGo1026

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i started watchin football in 2004 i didnt have a team or nothing until the packers season opener vs the panthers and won the game and lost the nxt 4 i stayed loyal and have always love my pack now im love it deeper with them since they have two kentucky players Tim Masthay and Randall Cobb. GO PACK!!!

sportyme

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers is very promising this season that is another reason why I become a fan! I'm sure that Packers rules!

jenXjen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I'd watch football my stepdad (who was born and raised in WI) and stepbrother, who are both Packer fans..so I'd join them in cheering for GB. At the time, we were living in California, but no where near LA, San Diego nor San Fran..and none of those teams, like any of the rest, really got to me like GB did..and still does. Been a Packers fan since then and will always be, no matter where I'm at!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
My Dad went to college @ Madison. I've been a Packer fan all my life both me and my Dad. My Mother however is an Eagles fan. I live just outside Philadelphia.

I hope one day I can attend a game @ Lambeau

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
Here is a copy of my introduction post.

Hi guys, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and have always had a passing interest in American Football. When I was younger I liked the Dolphins (because I got a Dolphins shirt for Christmas one year) then, when I was a bit older I liked the Raiders for no other reason than I liked the badge (went through a bit of a black/white/silver phase). Other than watching the Superbowl each year that is as far as my interest went.
Yesterday things changed. I attended my first match, the 49ers v Broncos in London. The whole event had me gripped. The atmosphere, production, pre-match entertainment, during-match entertainment and, most importantly, the game itself. Since I have decided to take more than a passing interest in the game I wanted to get myself a team. Not a team because of a badge or anything like that but a team I feel I can connect with. I have spent a few hours on the interweb looking at different teams. I have looked at a number of teams, their history, fans and forums. The Packers were the ones that stood out for me. I did have a look at other teams as well in particular the Browns and the Steelers but the Packers just feels right. So there you have it, November 1 2010, Day 1 of me being an American Football and Green Bay Packer fan. Hopefully you can all help me understand the game better, which shouldn't be hard as at the moment I understand the 4 downs to get 10 yards and that is about it.

Reaction score
I was a Reggie White fan so when he came from Philly to Green Bay, I followed him. LOL. Then I noticed the Pack's QB, was brash and reckless but boy did he have a gun for an arm. I am from So. Cal but the Raiders and Rams did nothing for me (they were still in L.A. at the time) and my uncle is a big football fan so I knew all I needed to know. Been with the Pack ever since.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you're a mere seven years old and Ray Nitschke signs a copy of his brand new autobiography "Mean On Sunday" for you, hell yeah, you're gonna be a Packers fan.
The mix of intimidation and awe kind of seals the deal.

Members online

Latest posts