What happened after the bye week??

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
What is it that happened?! Its so odd to me that they started 6-0 all looked great then boom! Bye week changed everything!
Not to mention it being the offense!?
Idk it makes no sense to me...anybody think they know?

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've been saying for weeks...I think Rodgers has an injury that isn't being disclosed. He's looked "off" ever since the San Francisco game. Plus I think the team as a whole got too confident and expected to win games without needing to put in 100% effort on every single play.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Just looking at Rodgers numbers something is up. Not sure what but......the first 6 weeks if you look at his completion percentage it went down every week. Then the bye. Then, well who knows.

First line is the first 6 games, second is the last 5.
Code:
Att    Comp   Yards  Percent    YPA   TD's  INT's
182     124     1491    68.1%   8.2    15    2 
208     112     1193    53.8%   5.7     9    2

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just looking at Rodgers numbers something is up. Not sure what but......the first 6 weeks if you look at his completion percentage it went down every week. Then the bye. Then, well who knows.

Code:

play calling...That is the only explanation..At least the arm chair coaches all think it is

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Packers are secretive when it comes to certain things and we rarely have things leak out of our organization. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of inner turmoil going on that we don't know about? If there is, anyone have any clue what it could be? Our team is beginning to show some hallmarks and signs of a team that is about to "quit" so to speak...............

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Our Packers are secretive when it comes to certain things and we rarely have things leak out of our organization. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of inner turmoil going on that we don't know about? If there is, anyone have any clue what it could be? Our team is beginning to show some hallmarks and signs of a team that is about to "quit" so to speak...............

I thought this as well. But what could it be?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive Coordinators from other teams saw the crappy route running and lack of speed and separation from wr's and decided to play press man all the time...and Clements and Bennett and MM have made no counter adjustment. We should be happy it took teams that long to figure this out allowing us to get 6 wins early.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first few weeks were the illusion. Then teams studied the Packers without Nelson, and started to see some things. The reality is now. There will be no answers this season. The bye week was the time to "get it fixed", but things have actually gotten worse.
Opponents know how to handle this version of the Packers; the Packers current makeup is unable to make the needed adjustments.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It reminds me of the Chiefs game during the undefeated streak a few years ago. They *****ed about offensive PI from Jordy and also adjusted their defense and the Pack never recovered from that. This organization a lot of things well but making adjustments is not one of them. They will beat a horse to death before changing.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Code:

I will just add:
Combined records of opponents before the bye - 24 Wins, 37 Losses
Combined records of opponents after the bye - 35 Wins, 18 Losses

Points allowed against teams with 5 & 5 record or better - 24.8 per game
Points allowed against teams with losing records - 15.1

I see a receiving core with questionable route running ability that doesn't have the speed to get separation. A TE that when he catches the ball should just drive his legs and go straight up the field instead of attempting to make a move that requires speed and quickness that he lacks. Losing the filed position battle due to punter that ranks 29th in distance. An erratic defense that can play brilliantly at times then miss assignments/tackles that results in big plays for the other team.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers struggled at times before the bye week as well but mostly played inferior opponents. With them playing better teams over the last few weeks the shortcomings have been even more obvious.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams were scared to play aggressive man coverage against the Packers because of how prolific the offense has been in the past. After the bye the Packers played a terrific defense that wasn't scared and had the players to destroy this offense. They showed the league that there wasn't anything to be scared of with the Packer's offense this year. The offensive tackles are weak, the receivers are playing poorly and the lack of protection and poor receiver play has gotten into Rodgers' head. Just a perfect storm of awful.

Sky King

Reaction score
McCarthy, Rodgers and probably a host of others on the team are proud, determined and highly competitive individuals. It's not hard to imagine some internal problems unless they get this flop turned around in-time to make a respectable playoff run. Based upon the HHCD/Peppers sideline dust-up of a few weeks ago they could already be nearing the boiling point in that locker room. Peppers in particular is running out of time and some others aren't far behind. Achievers will not tolerate having their dream being ruined by underachievers.

Viper556

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it seems obvious that this is what happened. Denver exposed the offense and now every defense is copying what they did to the Packers. Until the passing game can get things figured out I think this is going to continue. I am hoping that Jared Abbrederis and Ty Montgomery get healthy soon and can help change things, not to mention getting Jeff Janis out there instead of Devante Adams.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it seems obvious that this is what happened. Denver exposed the offense and now every defense is copying what they did to the Packers. Until the passing game can get things figured out I think this is going to continue. I am hoping that Jared Abbrederis and Ty Montgomery get healthy soon and can help change things, not to mention getting Jeff Janis out there instead of Devante Adams.

Unfortunately, Abby and Monty both do not seem like they're going to get healthy anytime soon.

Staff online

Members online