1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened after the bye week??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JP Doyal, Nov 26, 2015.

1. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    What is it that happened?! Its so odd to me that they started 6-0 all looked great then boom! Bye week changed everything!
    Not to mention it being the offense!?
    Idk it makes no sense to me...anybody think they know?

2. G0P4ckG0

G0P4ckG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +65
    As I've been saying for weeks...I think Rodgers has an injury that isn't being disclosed. He's looked "off" ever since the San Francisco game. Plus I think the team as a whole got too confident and expected to win games without needing to put in 100% effort on every single play.

3. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Just looking at Rodgers numbers something is up. Not sure what but......the first 6 weeks if you look at his completion percentage it went down every week. Then the bye. Then, well who knows.

First line is the first 6 games, second is the last 5.
    Code:

Att    Comp   Yards  Percent    YPA   TD's  INT's
    182     124     1491    68.1%   8.2    15    2 
    208     112     1193    53.8%   5.7     9    2 

4. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483

play calling...That is the only explanation..At least the arm chair coaches all think it is

6. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Our Packers are secretive when it comes to certain things and we rarely have things leak out of our organization. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of inner turmoil going on that we don't know about? If there is, anyone have any clue what it could be? Our team is beginning to show some hallmarks and signs of a team that is about to "quit" so to speak...............

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    I thought this as well. But what could it be?

8. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    But Clements as a play caller is a constant pre- and post-bye.

9. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Defensive Coordinators from other teams saw the crappy route running and lack of speed and separation from wr's and decided to play press man all the time...and Clements and Bennett and MM have made no counter adjustment. We should be happy it took teams that long to figure this out allowing us to get 6 wins early.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +941
    The first few weeks were the illusion. Then teams studied the Packers without Nelson, and started to see some things. The reality is now. There will be no answers this season. The bye week was the time to "get it fixed", but things have actually gotten worse.
    Opponents know how to handle this version of the Packers; the Packers current makeup is unable to make the needed adjustments.

11. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    It reminds me of the Chiefs game during the undefeated streak a few years ago. They bitched about offensive PI from Jordy and also adjusted their defense and the Pack never recovered from that. This organization a lot of things well but making adjustments is not one of them. They will beat a horse to death before changing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ARPackFan

ARPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    I will just add:
    Combined records of opponents before the bye - 24 Wins, 37 Losses
    Combined records of opponents after the bye - 35 Wins, 18 Losses

Points allowed against teams with 5 & 5 record or better - 24.8 per game
    Points allowed against teams with losing records - 15.1

I see a receiving core with questionable route running ability that doesn't have the speed to get separation. A TE that when he catches the ball should just drive his legs and go straight up the field instead of attempting to make a move that requires speed and quickness that he lacks. Losing the filed position battle due to punter that ranks 29th in distance. An erratic defense that can play brilliantly at times then miss assignments/tackles that results in big plays for the other team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,641
    The Packers struggled at times before the bye week as well but mostly played inferior opponents. With them playing better teams over the last few weeks the shortcomings have been even more obvious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    Maybe rodgers and McCarthy are butting heads? Some of the student ready to pass up the teacher?

15. 1940sfootball

1940sfootball Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    cornerback injuries too

16. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +736
    Teams were scared to play aggressive man coverage against the Packers because of how prolific the offense has been in the past. After the bye the Packers played a terrific defense that wasn't scared and had the players to destroy this offense. They showed the league that there wasn't anything to be scared of with the Packer's offense this year. The offensive tackles are weak, the receivers are playing poorly and the lack of protection and poor receiver play has gotten into Rodgers' head. Just a perfect storm of awful.

17. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    McCarthy, Rodgers and probably a host of others on the team are proud, determined and highly competitive individuals. It's not hard to imagine some internal problems unless they get this flop turned around in-time to make a respectable playoff run. Based upon the HHCD/Peppers sideline dust-up of a few weeks ago they could already be nearing the boiling point in that locker room. Peppers in particular is running out of time and some others aren't far behind. Achievers will not tolerate having their dream being ruined by underachievers.

18. Viper556

Viper556 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +23
    To me it seems obvious that this is what happened. Denver exposed the offense and now every defense is copying what they did to the Packers. Until the passing game can get things figured out I think this is going to continue. I am hoping that Jared Abbrederis and Ty Montgomery get healthy soon and can help change things, not to mention getting Jeff Janis out there instead of Devante Adams.

19. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    Much as I like to dump on Capers, his end of things has held up pretty well.

20. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    Unfortunately, Abby and Monty both do not seem like they're going to get healthy anytime soon.