Welcome Seahawk fans!!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The blazing sun sure helped, especially when the temperature on the field at kickoff reached 120 degrees. Chargers wore their white jerseys to force the Seahawks to way the dark blue which is far worse to wear in that heat. It was brutal conditions to play in, but true to form Seattle battled to the end. The Chargers played a well coached game, and took advantage of the heat to wear out Seattle defense.
We are bringing our own type of heat.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Been doing this on Facebook for a while now.... I'll ship a package of northwest caught smoked salmon candy (heavenly jerky) caught from my own backyard to a lucky packer fan should the pack win this game. Only catch is you gotta be within 3 points of the over/under. If there are multiple winners I'll draw a name. Good luck! Remember, Pack has to win and your over/under score must be within 3. If there are no winners I'll mAil it to the moderator of this forum
Wait!!, What!! Smoked Salmon!! Don't you guys have anything better to smoke in WA???? :cool:

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we did smoke the Packers 36 to 16 the last time we met.

BUT...That was with a healthy Aaron Rodgers. They way I see it around here his new hopping moves are an advantage that the Hawks won't be prepared to deal with.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

byau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say the Seahawks will likely win. I don't want that to sound like overconfidence or homerism. The vegas line, listening to ESPN 540 Wisconsin, sports analysts, etc.. the majority pick the Seahawks to win. And I myself would be more surprised by a Seahawks loss than a Seahawks win.

That out of the way, of course the Packers can still beat us.

Two signature losses the Hawks had: San Diego (week 2), Dallas (week 4?). I don't really count Kansas City or St. Louis - those are more outliers to me. The San Diego and Dallas games were similar and watching the whole game, didn't seem like the loss was much in doubt no matter how close the score.

What happened in those games?

Opposing O dominated the Seahawks D. (In San Diego, there was help with the 100 degree temperature)

What did they do? The running was not spectacular (in Dallas it was a threat). Short passes. A few long passes, but mostly short passes and a lot of patience which meant long drives keeping the Seahawks defense on the field. And the short passes are the ones that can work against Sherman and the secondary

Not a lot of scrambling! Romo can't scramble. Rivers? Not so much.

And both teams opposing offense arguably played their best game ever.

So how does that bode for the game this Sunday?

Can the Packers run this offense? Yes of course.
* Not a lot of scrambling
* lots of accuracy and short routes
* the occasional long ball
* threat of a rush
The Packers probably do it better than the Cowboys and the Chargers.

But the Seahawks are different now too
* those games happened week 2 and week 4,
* very early on well before the defense was clicking and attacking.
* The defense really did not click and attack until Thanksgiving.
* Also Kam Chancellor was not playing well during this time.

So while the Packers can definitely execute that game plan better than the Cowboys and Chargers (much better), they will have to contend now against a Seahawks defense that, when in sync and attack mode will be more immune to such an opposing offensive attack. With Bobby Wagner playing lights out and Kam Chancellor back to being his Bam-Bam self, going short routes will be much more difficult. Hawks D playing this way now they would not have lost against the Chargers nor the Cowboys.

Result? The Packers need to play their best game, the Seahawks will need to have a few issues on D, and if that happens it'll be a toss up.

So yes I will be surprised at a Seahawks loss, but doesn't mean the Packers can be taken lightly.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have really enjoyed the banter. You can be really proud of your team and fan base and I look forward to seeing you guys when we come to the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" next year. You guys have been Rock Stars.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it's fair to say the Seahawks will likely win. I don't want that to sound like overconfidence or homerism. The vegas line, listening to ESPN 540 Wisconsin, sports analysts, etc.. the majority pick the Seahawks to win. And I myself would be more surprised by a Seahawks loss than a Seahawks win.

Two signature losses the Hawks had: San Diego (week 2), Dallas (week 4?). I don't really count Kansas City or St. Louis - those are more outliers to me. The San Diego and Dallas games were similar and watching the whole game, didn't seem like the loss was much in doubt no matter how close the score.

Opposing O dominated the Seahawks D. (In San Diego, there was help with the 100 degree temperature)

What did they do? The running was not spectacular (in Dallas it was a threat). Short passes. A few long passes, but mostly short passes and a lot of patience which meant long drives keeping the Seahawks defense on the field. And the short passes are the ones that can work against Sherman and the secondary

* threat of a rush

So while the Packers can definitely execute that game plan better than the Cowboys and Chargers (much better), they will have to contend now against a Seahawks defense that, when in sync and attack mode will be more immune to such an opposing offensive attack. With Bobby Wagner playing lights out and Kam Chancellor back to being his Bam-Bam self, going short routes will be much more difficult. Hawks D playing this way now they would not have lost against the Chargers nor the Cowboys.

Result? The Packers need to play their best game, the Seahawks will need to have a few issues on D, and if that happens it'll be a toss up.

So yes I will be surprised at a Seahawks loss, but doesn't mean the Packers can be taken lightly.

Thoughts?

The Seahawks have drastically improved vs. the short pass since their losses to San Diego and Dallas. They´re still kind of vulnerable against passes over the middle, especially deep ones. IMO the most important thing for the Packers to do in the passing game is to get Rodgers, Quarless and Lacy involved.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of Negative things to say. The experience at the Clink is a little nerve racking but the Packers have been there and I am sure they haven't forgotten. I am looking forward to the game. You guys have a great fan base and it is nice to engage in intelligent conversation that doesn't lead to "your team sucks". I have to digest this matchup a second time to really come up with a score.
I was hoping you guys would lose so the Hawks can get revenge on Dallas but a Cowboyless playoff is A-OK by me ;). Either way if your team should win on Sunday I will be a Pack fan for the Super Bowl because I get the feeling the Patriots are going to win and I can't stand Bellicheat.
your team sucks :roflmao:

sorry, couldn't resist :cool:

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread started for Packers fans making the trip to Seattle. I don't recall even seeing a post yet, saying they are going. I know Cheeseheads travel well, so what's the deal? Who's coming?

Sky King

Reaction score
Here's a trick trivia question for you water-logged experts of the NW: Where is the largest Starbuck's in the world located and what makes it so? (Hint: Largest is not defined as the location that occupies the most square footage or takes in the most gross revenue.)

There is no prize involved with answering the Starbuck's question correctly. However, the winner will have bragging rights -- something that you have enjoyed under a separate category for almost all of the last 50 weeks. Let's test if your intricate knowledge of the hometown brew chain is as suspect as your neophyte championship football behavior.

As an aside, Packer fans have enjoyed those same bragging rights for more than 650 weeks, total, in their history. Please excuse us if we are not overly impressed with a single championship nor that talk of a dynasty seems to be woefully premature. But Packer fans are a forgiving lot. We remember how silly we acted after our first beer. http://www.packers.com/history/super-bowls-and-championships.html

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well we did smoke the Packers 36 to 16 the last time we met.

With a horrible right tackle that gave up two critical sacks and a safety

That also included a def that changed at the bye week to at least a top 10 vs the run..the two horrible players on def from the 1st week are no longer starting- Jones and Hawk

While I do think the packers have to play perfect and have a little luck to win, to base anything on 1st week is wrong

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

* threat of a rush

So while the Packers can definitely execute that game plan better than the Cowboys and Chargers (much better), they will have to contend now against a Seahawks defense that, when in sync

you mentioned how Seattle losses where at start of the year and you are in sync now..Use that logic to the Packers 1st game vs you and this game.

Pack lost to Det 1st game of year 19 to 7---then won 30-20 and it wasnt to hard to beat them the last game of the year WITH A HURT Rodgers...not to mention Det was the #1 ranked D vs the run (allowed 69 yards per game) and Lacy got 100 yards on them, which was the 1st time in a long time Det allowed that

Vs Dallas Lacy again got 101 yards (with sitting out for asthma) and Dallas was #8 in run def

Vs Seattle Lacy only got 37 yards and then was out with concussion like symptoms(but it wasnt a concussion)

As you can see, our run game has vastly improved and that is due to getting better and our o-l being in sync and being togther since week 3 I think..

Even though our run off has improved, the defense has improved even more..Read my previous post on how it has

Soon we will find out what will happen!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers need any luck to win. They need Rodgers to be somewhat mobile and the rest of the team to play their game. What they need to do is avoid key players sitting out, committing costly penalties that extend drives for Seattle or kill our offensive drives and no balls going off the WR's hands for INT's. Basically just take care of the business and I really like our chances.

They can move the ball against the Seahawks, even with a guy no longer in the NFL playing right tackle. They're playing better now on the line than at any time in the past 4 years. Unless they have a total collapse, i like our chances. Detroit's Dline is better than the Seahawks, but Seattle has much better linebackers, and secondary and by a lot. So things will be tougher in levels 2 and 3 with running and passing, but I'm fairly confident our line can hold their own against the Dline. Unless Rodgers is just an immobile statue, I like our chances.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers bring their A Game and hitting on all cylinders, I think the game will be a nail bighter going into halftime, maybe Packers being up a score. But coming out of the locker room for the second half is when Seahawks shine, outscoring their opponents in the second half 120 to 20 in the last seven games. That’s correct 120 to 20. In those last seven games held their opponents to 8.0 points per game.
Another thing to note, Packers also have been scoring 17.2 points less per game on the road than on the road per USA Today.
Not going to say this is a sure win for the Seahawks because I have a lot of respect for Aaron Rodgers and what he is capable of, but I would not want to trade positions with the Packers fans hoping for a Super Bowl trip this year.
In any case I’m hoping for a great game, and that whoever gets to go to Arizona smacks the snot out of the Patriots and the NE bias Sports media. Afterall, I'm a Seahawk Fan first, and a Football Fan second.

Last edited:

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers bring their A Game and hitting on all cylinders, I think the game will be a nail bighter going into halftime, maybe Packers being up a score. But coming out of the locker room for the second half is when Seahawks shine, outscoring their opponents in the second half 120 to 20 in the last seven games. That’s correct 120 to 20. In those last seven games held their opponents to 8.0 points per game.
Another thing to note, Packers also have been scoring 17.2 points less per game on the road than on the road per USA Today.
Not going to say this is a sure win for the Seahawks because I have a lot of respect for Aaron Rodgers and what he is capable of, but I would not want to trade positions with the Packers fans hoping for a Super Bowl trip this year.
In any case I’m hoping for a great game, and that whoever gets to go to Arizona smacks the snot out of the Patriots and the NE bias Sports media. Afterall, I'm a Seahawk Fan first, and a Football Fan second.

I don't know... I would have no problem seeing Seattle or Green Bay smack the snot out of Indianapolis either.

Sky King

Reaction score
Both teams will need to bring their "A" games. What remains to be seen is who can deliver at that level for the entire 60 minutes. Maybe nobody. Depending upon how things roll it's possible that somebody's "B" game or even less may be enough to win it. Ponder that for a moment.

byau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As an aside, Packer fans have enjoyed those same bragging rights for more than 650 weeks, total, in their history. Please excuse us if we are not overly impressed with a single championship nor that talk of a dynasty seems to be woefully premature. But Packer fans are a forgiving lot. We remember how silly we acted after our first beer.

lol your "first beer" comment. :)

I noticed listening on and off to 540 ESPN Wisconsin the last few days there seems to be a lot of hate for the Seahawks fanbase. Not sure if that is a minority or a general perception.

Then again, our fanbase just popped our cherry (or ... we popped our cherry over 30 years ago, but in a different sport and it's been so long we don't even remember) and so we want to brag to the world about it now ... and so to those that have already been doin' it for years, I guess we might look a bit silly...

byau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you mentioned how Seattle losses where at start of the year and you are in sync now..Use that logic to the Packers 1st game vs you and this game.

While I know that, I don't follow the Packers closely enough to know the intricacies of your team. So I couldn't speak in too much detail about your team.

I do know my team pretty well, so my post was how I think an opposing offense could beat us, and how I think the Packers offense could execute the scheme I see beating the Seahawks. Which is

* accurate short routes
* occasional long ball
* ^^^ that means a lot of patience on offense which will eat up a lot of clock
* no scrambling needed, all plays could be pocket plays
* ^^^ especially with one of the most accurate QBs ever
* balanced with a run that can be considered a threat. Even if the run game never gets going, only the threat needs to be there

That all sounds like things the Packers can do and it is how the Seahawks were beat earlier. The Seahawks can defend better against the above scheme, at the same time regardless of how the Packers were in week 1, I can only think that the Packers can execute the above scheme much better than San Diego and Dallas did in weeks 2 and week 4.

Which to me means even with a hobbled Aaron Rodgers, the Packers definitely have a chance. If both teams execute their best games, I see the Seahawks winning. But if the Packers execute their best game and the Seahawks don't, I wouldn't be surprised with a Seahawks loss.

That might sound like a "No duh.." statement, but I mean that the Seahawks don't have to slip a lot, just a tiny bit with a perfectly execute Green Bay offense. The game in my mind is a lot closer than I think a lot of people think.

Last edited:

byau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know... I would have no problem seeing Seattle or Green Bay smack the snot out of Indianapolis either.

This for me. I like Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson quite a bit. Plus a very good friend of mine is a huge Packer Backer.

Interestingly, she grew up very close to where I grew up (south of Seattle about 20 minutes) and while her dad and brothers are still Seahawks fans, she is a die-hard Packer fan now :)

Which is why I will be rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is one thing about being a Seahawk fan that IS SILLY. All the local news broadcasts are showing scenes of people standing around in the rain waiting for stuff to happen. It's ridiculous!

They all act like we haven't done this before. Eeeegaaaads! What's the big deal? If they were reporting on the upcoming game that would be cool...player interviews and such but it's all about people milling around. It's stupid.

Our media coverage is juvenile.

Sky King

Reaction score
There is one thing about being a Seahawk fan that IS SILLY. All the local news broadcasts are showing scenes of people standing around in the rain waiting for stuff to happen. It's ridiculous!

They all act like we haven't done this before. Eeeegaaaads! What's the big deal? If they were reporting on the upcoming game that would be cool...player interviews and such but it's all about people milling around. It's stupid.

Our media coverage is juvenile.
The media will always claim that they are only giving people what they want.

Latest posts