Welcome Seahawk fans!!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
And the musicians from Washington would be where without Wisconsin's Les Paul?

I'm a Seattle musician from Wisconsin, and I thank you for bringing that up. Excellent.

Just about every day, some station in Seattle uses the opening guitar riff from "Blister In The Sun" by the Violent Femmes as bumper music. Gee, where are they from?

One of the Iwo Jima flag raisers, John Bradley, was from Wisconsin too.

Now there's some greatness.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I will try to accommodate you. So put down your beer, and read on:

• Music:
Wisconsin claims Liberace.
Washington: Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Heart, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Buck Owens, and more

• Business:
Washington: Boeing, Microsoft Starbucks, Amazon, and TV shows featuring our fishing fleet
Wisconsin: Mutual Life Insurance, Johnsonville Sausage.

Clothing:
Washington has REI the mothership of outdoor gear and apparel.
Wisconsin: Oshkosh B 'Gosh

Weather:
Wisconsin has its polar vortex and sub-zero temps.
Seattle: You are looking at it. Wet. But Summer and Fall are beautiful, and makes up for it.

Beer:
Milwaukee claims to be the beer capital. Miller, Pabst, Milwaukee's Best. All watered down swill compared to our Micro Brews. WA grows three quarters of the nations hops.

Wis---Music---BoDeans- Violent Femmes, Garbage,

Wis---Companies---Carmex---Jockey---SCJohnson Wax

Wis---Beer---You really should look it up ---Now it is Miller Coors-- We have micro brews up the ying yang just in Milwaukee alone. In a stretch of downtown there are about 4 with in a mile.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
That reminds me, LT: Wisconsin also claims Frank Lloyd Wright.

Oh. And thirteen world championships in professional football.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I'm a Seattle musician from Wisconsin, and I thank you for bringing that up. Excellent.

Just about every day, some station in Seattle uses the opening guitar riff from "Blister In The Sun" by the Violent Femmes as bumper music. Gee, where are they from?

Let's not leave Steve Miller out of the discussion. The Violent Femmes are pure Milwaukee.

NOW we're having a proper discussion.

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got your point. My point is that it is not the Packers fault that these expansion franchises didn't exist. A championship is a championship regardless of an arbitrary date and the admission of a few expansion team's admission to the league... and, I'm adding, some changing the name of the flipping championship game.

You, as a supposed Brown's fan should know this as well as anyone. Otto Graham doesn't get anywhere NEAR the accolades he deserves. Why? Because someone came up with a flashy sounding name for the championship game. Let's put it this way, the Packers are credited with winning the first twou "Super Bowls". Well, in addition to those two, they won the Championship the year BEFORE the first "Super Bowl"... oddly, against the Brown's. The '65 Packers were a better team than either of the two "Super Bowl" winners. So, a marketing ploy determines what is and isn't worthy of remembering???

As I said, it isn't the Packers fault the they have deflated footballs on display at their Hall of Fame that have been around longer than most of the teams whose fans discount what came before.
I get it. Browns have EIGHT championships. Just not any in 50 years, thanks to horseyface and a fluke fumble.

Last edited:

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Didn't know Les Paul was from WI. Awesome.

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wis---Music---BoDeans- Violent Femmes, Garbage,

Wis---Companies---Carmex---Jockey---SCJohnson Wax

Wis---Beer---You really should look it up ---Now it is Miller Coors-- We have micro brews up the ying yang just in Milwaukee alone. In a stretch of downtown there are about 4 with in a mile.
BoDeans? Awesome. Saw them live in a club in Albuquerque long ago. One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turned into one of the greatest comebacks in Conference Championship history. And that wouldn't have happened without the very tough Packers team that played their hearts out despite of what the media was saying.

Seriously, this was a plot for an epic sports movie, with the favorite down by an impossible amount to come back from, and with time running out, and a key defensive player playing with a broken wing. This was better than Friday Night Lights, The Longest Yard, The Blind Side. And you are all a part of that , and a loss is nothing to be ashamed of.

Good luck in your division next year and continue to beat the snot out of those Bears.

Last edited:

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as you can tally up the mistakes that we made in the final 5 minutes of normal time, credit to the Seahawks for some great plays and for not giving up when it didn't look like a possible task...takes heart to keep going like that. Good luck.

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Selective choices all the way down the line.

And I'll keep my beer handy if you don't mind and by the way I don't live in Wisconsin but I did grow up there.

I not going to argue. I just didn't think Seattle was like Green Bay and I said so.

Hope that ain't a problem for ya.

Good luck today and have fun enjoying the game. I really mean it! :)

GPG
Wisconsin: Violent Femmes. :)

Lambeauno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have ultra respect for Russell Wilson....love the guy, but Seattle's offense doesn't really scare me. Our defense has made some changes since week 1 and are playing quite well. Lynch will get his yards, like Murray did but IMO he nor Russell will decided the game. I think the game will be decided on the other side of the ball. One of the best defenses against one of the best offenses and of course that damn 12th man :alien: can mess with how effective Rodgers can run our offense. Going to be a great game!!
Too bad the defense decided not to show up for the end of the game. Pathetic.

byau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as you can tally up the mistakes that we made in the final 5 minutes of normal time, credit to the Seahawks for some great plays and for not giving up when it didn't look like a possible task...takes heart to keep going like that. Good luck.

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

If I look deep down at the truth, I think the better team on the field was Green Bay. If i post this on my home forum, I'm sure I'd get a lot of "no no, the better team did win. It's not how you start, it's how you finish" and all that. In reality:

* Rodgers didn't look too hampered whether he actually was or not. That's a competitor
* Green Bay looked much faster.
* Green Bay looked much more aggressive.
* Aaron Rodgers was WELL prepared.
* And both your offense and defense played spectacularly.

Overall, I think these two teams are on equal footing as the elite NFC teams this year. But on this game day, as much as my homerism would like me not to admit it, Green Bay was the much better team. Seattle got a good number of lucky bounces and took advantage and built on that momentum to the win.

Thank you guys for being gracious hosts, look forward to seeing you guys next year in the playoffs too.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the good luck wishes.

If I look deep down at the truth, I think the better team on the field was Green Bay. If i post this on my home forum, I'm sure I'd get a lot of "no no, the better team did win. It's not how you start, it's how you finish" and all that. In reality:

* Rodgers didn't look too hampered whether he actually was or not. That's a competitor
* Green Bay looked much faster.
* Green Bay looked much more aggressive.
* Aaron Rodgers was WELL prepared.
* And both your offense and defense played spectacularly.

Overall, I think these two teams are on equal footing as the elite NFC teams this year. But on this game day, as much as my homerism would like me not to admit it, Green Bay was the much better team. Seattle got a good number of lucky bounces and took advantage and built on that momentum to the win.

Thank you guys for being gracious hosts, look forward to seeing you guys next year in the playoffs too.

Turncoat! :laugh:

byau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turncoat! :laugh:

Funny man :)

I just watched the game again. I guess depending on how you define "better" you could make a case for either team. Packers were far and above better for 90% of the game. Seahawks were far and above better for 10% of the game. The Packers "better" to me was deserved. The Seahawks were deserved also. Russell's passing on those last few drives, he delivered the ball really well, but with only being better for such a small margin of the game, they definitely needed some lucky bounces.

From a sports fan perspective, a really really good game between two of the small handful of elite teams. And since Green Bay's excellent play came from quite a few of the rookies, you guys will be back next year.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to reiterate the fact that you all welcomed us here with open arms. You fed us information, which we drank with fervor and enjoyed our company. I appreciate the friendly banter and enjoyed the discussion between teams fanbases as some of us represent. Good luck in the future with the draft and I hope that we as Seahawks fans help represent our NFC the best way possibly in the Championship game...The Superb Owl. Go Hawks.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I want to reiterate the fact that you all welcomed us here with open arms. You fed us information, which we drank with fervor and enjoyed our company. I appreciate the friendly banter and enjoyed the discussion between teams fanbases as some of us represent. Good luck in the future with the draft and I hope that we as Seahawks fans help represent our NFC the best way possibly in the Championship game...The Superb Owl. Go Hawks.

I WILL be rooting for your guys on the big night but......I really think you are going to get a taste of how we feel today. Sorry guys

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I WILL be rooting for your guys on the big night but......I really think you are going to get a taste of how we feel today. Sorry guys

Seattle played out of character for 30 minutes, but for the last 30 min outscored Green Bay 28 to 6 - very much back in character again. And no matter how impossible the odds seemed - you did not see gloomy faces, heads down on the bench, did you? That is not in them. They believe in what Pete Carroll says when he tells them, It's not how you start, it's how you finish" ...And they were not going to give up until the clock showed 00. I will guarantee you that for the Super Bowl they will be in character for a full 60.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny man :)

I just watched the game again. I guess depending on how you define "better" you could make a case for either team. Packers were far and above better for 90% of the game. Seahawks were far and above better for 10% of the game. The Packers "better" to me was deserved. The Seahawks were deserved also. Russell's passing on those last few drives, he delivered the ball really well, but with only being better for such a small margin of the game, they definitely needed some lucky bounces.

From a sports fan perspective, a really really good game between two of the small handful of elite teams. And since Green Bay's excellent play came from quite a few of the rookies, you guys will be back next year.

SOOooo... What you are trying to tell me is that Wilson and the Seahawks can play better in six minutes than Green Bay can in 54 minutes.

That's C-R-A-Z-Y !!!

Nobody, NO TEAM can play more football in SIX minutes than ANY NFL team can play in FIFTY-FOUR minutes.

That just doesn't make any sense!

Well......

Maybe if you throw in an overtime...

:laugh:

D

Deleted member 6794

Seattle played out of character for 30 minutes, but for the last 30 min outscored Green Bay 28 to 6 - very much back in character again. And no matter how impossible the odds seemed - you did not see gloomy faces, heads down on the bench, did you? That is not in them. They believe in what Pete Carroll says when he tells them, It's not how you start, it's how you finish" ...And they were not going to give up until the clock showed 00. I will guarantee you that for the Super Bowl they will be in character for a full 60.

The Packers outscored the Seahawks 19-7 during the first 55 minutes of the game and had the ball on their own 43. Even with the Seahawks finishing strong there´s no way they would have had a chance to win this game if not for a complete meltdown by the Packers.

Latest posts