Welcome Seahawk fans!!

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Packers fans making the trip that have questions about Seattle we can answer for you - like where to get food and drink close to the stadium?

Here's what I often tell out of towners. Go to the world's first Starbucks located at Pike Place Market - and when you get there, ask for "a cup of coffee -black". Freaks them out every time.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Any Packers fans making the trip that have questions about Seattle we can answer for you - like where to get food and drink close to the stadium?

Here's what I often tell out of towners. Go to the world's first Starbucks located at Pike Place Market - and when you get there, ask for "a cup of coffee -black". Freaks them out every time.

Nice advice on the coffee.

And I must say what a generous offer on the hometown advice. Classy.

Reaction score
I think the Packers defense will be able to contain the Seahawks passing game. I have a hard time figuring out how we will contain Lynch and keeping Wilson in the pocket though.
Well said. We have not to this date showed we can be effective with a team that has an adequate scrambler.. I have slightly more faith at defending the RB position but having an opponent that is so balanced provides a degree of difficulty in dealing with a QB that also has balance in the pass and run.

Last edited:

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome post! The only reason I'm gonna be able to sleep between now and going to the game Sunday is that I'm in crunch mode at work so can't get too distracted. I'm so glad it's the Packers and now the Cowboys. Not that I fear one more than the other, I just can't stand them and their fans that disappear as soon as they lose, most of which have never been to Texas. Cowboy fans seem pretty irritating. The Packer fans at the opening day game were cool as far as I could tell.

Looking forward to a good game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fairly confident in the Seahawk's chances, but we'll see on Sunday. I was at the first game this year and it was my first time seeing the Packers live. Was cool to see Rodgers sling it in person. I'm glad the fans and media alike have seemingly buried that 2012 game in the rear-view so we can focus on current events.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game start time 12:00 noon really sucks. Having game beers while you are still digesting your Fruit Loops, just aint right. This is where you Packer fans have one up on us.
What we will do instead is our church, following the service is hosting a Seahawk Party, and they do it right with 3 giant HD screens to watch the game on, food trucks, prizes, snacks, skittles, and inflatables for the kids, and everyone is dressed in Seahawks jerseys. We done this before and it was a blast. And when your church is just 3 miles from the Seahawk practice field VMAC, and at least one hawk goes there (Mebane) what would you expect?

Our music ministry even did a pretty cool Seahawks music video Hawktown Funk. Written and sung by them, and filmed in Seattle.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Rocket Hawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the morning game is going to probably be to Green Bay's advantage. I had buddies that started tailgating at 6 am last Saturday, for the 5:20 game, they were comatose by 2, and then had to turn up again for the game. Sucks getting old.

This weekend, I can't imagine the pre-game turn up will be very good with the early start. Me and my crew are watching it at home, and I guess we are having a brunch? I'm bringing home fries and red beer.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the morning game is going to probably be to Green Bay's advantage. I had buddies that started tailgating at 6 am last Saturday, for the 5:20 game, they were comatose by 2.

That may explain why some at the game said it was not a loud as they have heard it before. Some comatose from drinking all day, and others making way to many trips to the Clink bathrooms.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
That may explain why some at the game said it was not a loud as they have heard it before. Some comatose from drinking all day, and others making way to many trips to the Clink bathrooms.
Isn't the game at 12:eek:5pm your time? Hardly morning.

Hell, half of the traveling Packer fans will be as drunk/hung over and any of the Hawk fans. 3 hour difference means nothing in this case.

The drunkenness cancels out.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last Saturday I was up at 5:30 AM re-watching the Super Bowl in its entirety, while I got the family room prepped for the game. I could not sleep. I expect the same this Sunday

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saw a post on Facebook that the 12 start was requested by the Seahawks in honor of the 12th Man. Dont sound so bad now.

Rus-Wil-Son

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good posts thus far... To me, this game feels every bit as big as the Super Bowl. Honestly, I see no AFC team in the same class as the Hawks and pack. Whoever wins this game will destroy the colts/pats in the big one.

Rus-Wil-Son

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been doing this on Facebook for a while now.... I'll ship a package of northwest caught smoked salmon candy (heavenly jerky) caught from my own backyard to a lucky packer fan should the pack win this game. Only catch is you gotta be within 3 points of the over/under. If there are multiple winners I'll draw a name. Good luck! Remember, Pack has to win and your over/under score must be within 3. If there are no winners I'll mAil it to the moderator of this forum

Sky King

Reaction score
Jerry – OK, let me get this straight. You talk me into sharing the ride with you for 2000 miles, all the way from Green Bay to Seattle only to watch our Packers get their butts kicked. And now your alternator died, and we are stuck here in Seattle in the pouring rain?
Phil – Hey! I’d get it fixed but you blew all of our money at the King Street Bar. Seriously, did you really think we had a chance picking up Seattle girls wearing those Cheese Head hats?
Jerry – Well I actually think that redhead liked me. She did tell me a joke, “What’s slower than a Packers cornerback? Bertha”. I didn’t get the joke, but we had a good laugh.
Phil – Oh brother! Next time I’m flying……Alone
Reminds me of the Packer fan living in Seattle who had a habit of swerving his car towards any jersey wearing Seahawks fans walking towards him alongside the road. At the last moment he would swerve back barely missing them. Then he'd laugh for miles and miles after forcing all those close calls.

One day he spotted his Bishop's car stalled alongside the highway with its hood up. He stopped and offered to give the Bishop a ride back to his church. But old habits die hard. After spotting yet another potential near-miss victim walking toward him the Packer fan instinctively swerved. Suddenly, realizing that this was not behavior he should engage in with the Bishop in the car, he swerved a little early to give the appearance that he had momentarily lost and then regained control of the car. Just then he heard a loud "thump" and saw the Seahawks fan tumbling head over heals down the slope of the road shoulder in his rear view mirror. He could have sworn there was plenty of clearance between his car and the 'hawks fan.

Horrified, he turned towards the Bishop to beg for his forgiveness. But before he could utter a syllable the Bishop turned to him and said, "Don't worry. When I saw you were going to miss him I flung my door open and nailed the bastard!"

Last edited:

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been doing this on Facebook for a while now.... I'll ship a package of northwest caught smoked salmon candy (heavenly jerky) caught from my own backyard to a lucky packer fan should the pack win this game. Only catch is you gotta be within 3 points of the over/under. If there are multiple winners I'll draw a name. Good luck! Remember, Pack has to win and your over/under score must be within 3. If there are no winners I'll mAil it to the moderator of this forum

Yum! Is it too late to pretend I am a Packers fan? Renton, WA won't cost you so much in postage. Seriously, that is a good move setting a tone for this thread, which I hope continues to have some serious and not so serious discussions about each others teams.

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Seahawk fans! First off, I wish us both an injury free game. Obviously, you guys are the world champions and the team to beat. I'm really looking forward to the game. It's a bit of a relief to read good conversation instead of the standard, "I hate your team blah blah" talk that some people spout. Obviously, both of our teams are in the NFC Championship for a reason and there is mutual respect being shown. I look forward to seeing what we can do to slow down Wilson, who is playing tremendous, as well as Lynch.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Mrs San says 60, I say 46. Officially I go with my number.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay, I will give it a go. Packer 27 Seahawks 23. So 50. Mmmmmm smoked salmon. Wait, this isn't what they called squaw candy they used to feed me in Alaska is it?

Rus-Wil-Son

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got both smoked and candy. The smoked is moist whereas the candy is more jerky like with a honey glaze. I'm a fan of the candy myself. Squaw candy is drier and not as sweet.

Staff online

Latest posts