Welcome Seahawk fans!!

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I dig this.

I will be honest. I hated mike when we hire him. I thought he had a lot of fake moxie.

The man has moxie.

And to boot? I agree.

15 hours..

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We welcome you to our forum, we are hoping for a good injury free game..

We will allow some smack talk back and forth, but if your only intention is to troll, you will be gone.

This is our home and just like your literal house, if you had people there for a party, I am sure you wouldnt allow some to trash your family

Good luck!
Thanks! You wont find many Seahawks fans who have a lot of antipathy for the Packers or Green Bay. Similar cities in some ways. Most Seahawks fans who know their sports history know that they'd be lucky to ever approach the legacy that the Packers five, particularly pre-NFL. I expect that most Seahawks fans will rally behind the Packers if they're lucky enough to win tomorrow. May the best team win... which means the Seahawks.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Thanks! You wont find many Seahawks fans who have a lot of antipathy for the Packers or Green Bay. Similar cities in some ways. Most Seahawks fans who know their sports history know that they'd be lucky to ever approach the legacy that the Packers five, particularly pre-NFL. I expect that most Seahawks fans will rally behind the Packers if they're lucky enough to win tomorrow. May the best team win... which means the Seahawks.

:poop: :poop: That about says it for me.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

"Pre-NFL"??? What in the sam-of-hell are you gurgling about? The Packers are all NFL, all of the time since 1919 ... the Seahawks an expansion franchise by comparison. The Seahawks are a blip in the grand scheme of things by comparison. In a few short years, they'll fade back to 8-8 and an afterthought to everyone, including the 12th man, who will lose interest again once they become mediocre... the Pack could fade to 8-8 as well but would still be a marquee NFL team.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Green Bay and Seattle could not possibly be more different.

Yuppie, Post Modern, Hipster Seattle and Green Bay, Wisconsin, Blue Collar to it's very DNA. That comparison isn't right. Hell, it isn't even wrong.

Last edited:

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Pre-NFL"??? What in the sam-of-hell are you gurgling about? The Packers are all NFL, all of the time since 1919 ... the Seahawks an expansion franchise by comparison. The Seahawks are a blip in the grand scheme of things by comparison. In a few short years, they'll fade back to 8-8 and an afterthought to everyone, including the 12th man, who will lose interest again once they become mediocre... the Pack could fade to 8-8 as well but would still be a marquee NFL team.
Sorry but I think you know what I meant. Most of Pack's best days were before merger. All of my home teams best days were before the merger. Go Brown's!

You may be right about the Seahawks fading back to 8-8 but probably not before another NFC championship or three and a Superbowl or two. Starting with 31-10 victory today.

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yuppie, Post Modern, Hipster Seattle and Green Bay, Wisconsin, Blue Collar to it's very DNA. That comparison isn't right. Hell, it isn't even wrong.
You obviously don't know Seattle very well. Until It became better known for Microsoft, Starbucks and Amazon in the last 20 years the only games in town were Boeing factory jobs and sawmills. Blue color and working class.

Sky King

Reaction score
Sorry but I think you know what I meant. Most of Pack's best days were before merger. All of my home teams best days were before the merger. Go Brown's!

You may be right about the Seahawks fading back to 8-8 but probably not before another NFC championship or three and a Superbowl or two. Starting with 31-10 victory today.
Well what do you know? A fan of another team that actually acknowledges there was an NFL prior to the merger and even the AFL itself. Usually that's something conveniently overlooked by Dallas fans, in particular.

BTW, it's understandable if you choose to ignore the four SB victories. That's the rough equivalent to the above example regarding Dallas fans, only paradoxically and for the same reason.

Face it, Bub, the Packers have it covered either way and no other NFL team comes close.

Last edited:

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
You obviously don't know Seattle very well. Until It became better known for Microsoft, Starbucks and Amazon in the last 20 years the only games in town were Boeing factory jobs and sawmills. Blue color and working class.

All I can say is nobody will have to explain what kind of town Green Bay is. Prosecution rests.

It's OK to have a city that has changed and has two identities. Just don't try to see the whole working man, blue collar thing too hard.

By the way, I've never been to Seattle but from what I can see in pictures, it is truly a beautiful city. A jewel in the crown to be sure.

Now let's beat dem' Hawks!

Go Pack Go.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

I got your point. My point is that it is not the Packers fault that these expansion franchises didn't exist. A championship is a championship regardless of an arbitrary date and the admission of a few expansion team's admission to the league... and, I'm adding, some changing the name of the flipping championship game.

You, as a supposed Brown's fan should know this as well as anyone. Otto Graham doesn't get anywhere NEAR the accolades he deserves. Why? Because someone came up with a flashy sounding name for the championship game. Let's put it this way, the Packers are credited with winning the first twou "Super Bowls". Well, in addition to those two, they won the Championship the year BEFORE the first "Super Bowl"... oddly, against the Brown's. The '65 Packers were a better team than either of the two "Super Bowl" winners. So, a marketing ploy determines what is and isn't worthy of remembering???

As I said, it isn't the Packers fault the they have deflated footballs on display at their Hall of Fame that have been around longer than most of the teams whose fans discount what came before.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Incidentally... the Seahawks may win today, but it sure in hell won't be because you jumped on their bandwagon. The Pack may win today, and it won't be because of the previous 13 World Championships. It'll be be because the Bette team TODAY won.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got your point. My point is that it is not the Packers fault that these expansion franchises didn't exist. A championship is a championship regardless of an arbitrary date and the admission of a few expansion team's admission to the league... and, I'm adding, some changing the name of the flipping championship game.

You, as a supposed Brown's fan should know this as well as anyone. Otto Graham doesn't get anywhere NEAR the accolades he deserves. Why? Because someone came up with a flashy sounding name for the championship game. Let's put it this way, the Packers are credited with winning the first twou "Super Bowls". Well, in addition to those two, they won the Championship the year BEFORE the first "Super Bowl"... oddly, against the Brown's. The '65 Packers were a better team than either of the two "Super Bowl" winners. So, a marketing ploy determines what is and isn't worthy of remembering???

As I said, it isn't the Packers fault the they have deflated footballs on display at their Hall of Fame that have been around longer than most of the teams whose fans discount what came before.

I've got a lot of opinions on the 'worth' of titles from one era to another. I'll throw out one of them. It was tougher to win titles back then. The competition was extraordinary ; Cowboys, Colts, Browns, Rams,etc, whom you actually had to play at least once a season, not every 4 years; and only one team from each conference made it into the playoffs . No 7-9 or 7-8-1 teams need apply. The Packers went 11-2-1 in '63 and didn't make it. The '67 Colts went 11-1-2, with their only loss in their last game.
Extra games now? For TV money. Anyone really think the Panthers were going to win last week?

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I didn't think I would have time to post today with so much to do to prepare for the game party - but your post begs for a rebuttal. Granted there are areas of Seattle that are you described, but the vast majority of Seahawk fans are very much "blue collar" and most of the ticket holders reside in working towns very much like Green Bay, cities like Everett, Renton where thousands are employed building the worlds best jetliners. Look at the 12s today as the camera pans on them. Can you picture them sitting in a coffee shop sipping on a caramel macchiato? I think you will find them more like your Green Bay neighbors than you would care to admit.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
A discussion about which city is more blue collar? What's next, how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Just challenging an assertion I believed to be incorrect is all.

Who really cares?

It's almost game time. Just thought I'd try to break up the love fest we seem to be having with our visitors.

I'm not ready to sing Kumbaya.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just challenging an assertion I believed to be incorrect is all.

It's almost game time. Just thought I'd try to break up the love fest we seem to be having with our visitors.

OK, I will try to accommodate you. So put down your beer, and read on:

• Music:
Wisconsin claims Liberace.
Washington: Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Heart, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Buck Owens, and more

• Business:
Washington: Boeing, Microsoft Starbucks, Amazon, and TV shows featuring our fishing fleet
Wisconsin: Mutual Life Insurance, Johnsonville Sausage.

Clothing:
Washington has REI the mothership of outdoor gear and apparel.
Wisconsin: Oshkosh B 'Gosh

Weather:
Wisconsin has its polar vortex and sub-zero temps.
Seattle: You are looking at it. Wet. But Summer and Fall are beautiful, and makes up for it.

Beer:
Milwaukee claims to be the beer capital. Miller, Pabst, Milwaukee's Best. All watered down swill compared to our Micro Brews. WA grows three quarters of the nations hops.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I didn't think I would have time to post today with so much to do to prepare for the game party - but your post begs for a rebuttal. Granted there are areas of Seattle that are you described, but the vast majority of Seahawk fans are very much "blue collar" and most of the ticket holders reside in working towns very much like Green Bay, cities like Everett, Renton where thousands are employed building the worlds best jetliners. Look at the 12s today as the camera pans on them. Can you picture them sitting in a coffee shop sipping on a caramel macchiato? I think you will find them more like your Green Bay neighbors than you would care to admit.

Blue collar then, is a state of mind? Not economic? Hahahahaha... any way... I have dealt with some mighty fine folks in the State of Washington over the years.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

• Music:
Washington: Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Heart, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Buck Owens, and more

• Business:
Washington: Boeing, Microsoft Starbucks, Amazon, and TV shows featuring our fishing fleet

Clothing:

Weather:
Seattle: You are looking at it. Wet. But Summer and Fall are beautiful, and makes up for it.

Beer:
Milwaukee claims to be the beer capital. Miller, Pabst, Milwaukee's Best. All watered down swill compared to our Micro Brews. WA grows three quarters of the nations hops.

Selective choices all the way down the line.

And I'll keep my beer handy if you don't mind and by the way I don't live in Wisconsin but I did grow up there.

I not going to argue. I just didn't think Seattle was like Green Bay and I said so.

Hope that ain't a problem for ya.

Good luck today and have fun enjoying the game. I really mean it! :)

GPG

Sky King

Reaction score

• Music:

• Business:

Clothing:

Weather:

Beer:
And the musicians from Washington would be where without Wisconsin's Les Paul?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

• Music:

• Business:

Clothing:

Weather:

Beer:

You forgot to mention the distinct smell of stale urine in every downtown doorway, the likelihood of being chased down by a transient while visiting the waterfront, and the fact that there are far, FAR better odds of being knifed or beaten to death in downtown Seattle than Green Bay.

Why, it's paradise!

You also forgot to mention Al Jarreau. But that one, you'll probably have to look up. While you're at it, look up "Wisconsin" and learn a little something about it.

My goodness. Are you going for some kind of World's Most Obnoxious Seattle Homer title? :roflmao:

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

• Music:

• Business:

Clothing:

Weather:

Beer:
But I damn sure do appreciate you proving my original point for me.