Welcome Seahawk fans!!

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of Negative things to say. The experience at the Clink is a little nerve racking but the Packers have been there and I am sure they haven't forgotten. I am looking forward to the game. You guys have a great fan base and it is nice to engage in intelligent conversation that doesn't lead to "your team sucks". I have to digest this matchup a second time to really come up with a score.
I was hoping you guys would lose so the Hawks can get revenge on Dallas but a Cowboyless playoff is A-OK by me ;). Either way if your team should win on Sunday I will be a Pack fan for the Super Bowl because I get the feeling the Patriots are going to win and I can't stand Bellicheat.
Welcome aboard!

Here's to a hard fought, injury free game.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For Packers to win this game Lacy will need a very big game... Mebane and Hill are gone out of DL for Seattle, but they are still the best defense in the league.

Packers defense will also need some 3 and outs in first half... cannot allow Seattle to wear down Packers defense... Dallas had a lot of success running ball 2nd half... unfortunately I see some of the same coming up next week.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple questions for Pack fans:

How do you think the Pack will be able to keep Rodgers upright when he is stationary with the leg. The Hawks have a pretty ferocious pass rush??

Our OL has stayed healthy all season long. Our rookie C is no longer a rookie (even with the bad snap yesterday) and as a group they are far better than they were in Week 1. They opened holes all over the place against the Lions and for the most part kept those animal off of him in Week 17. Seahawks will get to him, but not nearly as often as last time. Rodgers+time = problems for defenses. We also put up about 150 on the ground against the #1 rush defense a couple weeks ago.

Rodgers isn't going to practice much this week. This will be the second week in a row that he hasn't practiced and accuracy issues are going to be a problem.... How does he expect to have any rhythm with our secondary draped on your receivers?

Better question: How does your secondary expect to cover Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Quarless and Rodgers with the threat of Lacy on the screen?

See, you're basing your question on a presumption that your secondary will be "draped" on all of our receivers. This is far from a foregone conclusion, so the question is somewhat irrational.

Your team is publicly owned. Who decides who is kept and fired in the top end organizational hierarchy?
I think someone else answered this.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just me, or has Seattle looked fairly vulnerable against the run lately? If Green Bay can get the ground game rolling like they have been lately, I think it's going to be tough for Seattle to win. After all, that's how Dallas and KC beat Seattle.
The question is not whether the Packers get the run game going. It's whether they stick with it.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take - I think the Packers offence and Hawks defence offset, I think it's going to come down to the Packers secondary to win the game. Wilson's arm has looked really good recently, this get overlooked a lot because of his scrambling ability. Get a reasonable pass rush going and then stopping the Seattle passing game by closing down their receivers is how the game will be won...or lost.

Rus-Wil-Son

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawks fan here. So excited for this weekend. Truth be told, the only team that scares me at this point in the season is in fact the Pack. I too was hoping for a rematch with the Cowboys in part because I think we can get in Romo's head. That said, I believe Rodgers is unflappable. He scares the tar out of me and you have so many weapons on the receiving end of the ball. It'll be interesting to see how we play Sherman this weekend. I don't foresee Rodgers ignoring him this go round. Here's to a hard-fought, injury-free, bloodbath. Good luck, folks...

Sky King

Reaction score
Hawks fan here. So excited for this weekend. Truth be told, the only team that scares me at this point in the season is in fact the Pack. I too was hoping for a rematch with the Cowboys in part because I think we can get in Romo's head. That said, I believe Rodgers is unflappable. He scares the tar out of me and you have so many weapons on the receiving end of the ball. It'll be interesting to see how we play Sherman this weekend. I don't foresee Rodgers ignoring him this go round. Here's to a hard-fought, injury-free, bloodbath. Good luck, folks...
One of these two teams will be carrying the torch on behalf of the NFC. May it be a healthy team.

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take - I think the Packers offence and Hawks defence offset, I think it's going to come down to the Packers secondary to win the game. Wilson's arm has looked really good recently, this get overlooked a lot because of his scrambling ability. Get a reasonable pass rush going and then stopping the Seattle passing game by closing down their receivers is how the game will be won...or lost.

If that's the case, I really like the Pack's chances. We rank 10th against the pass and did a great job limiting some great receivers against Dallas, including making Dez Bryant a complete non-factor. There is not a single Seattle receiver that really scares me and I've always thought their pass offense in general seems very average.

We were burned in the last game because of Percy Harvin. Without a dynamic receiver like that, if we can stuff the run, we should be in good shape. After all, if we can limit Dallas to 21 points, shouldn't that be a good sign?

BallHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a direct link up to Lombardi in heaven, he advises the team on a weekly basis

I'm looking forward to hearing his voice from Heaven next Sunday:

"What the hell is going on down there?"

Anyway, it's good to be playing you. The Packer organization always seems to be doing it the right way, much like Seattle. That possibly could be a carry over effect when our GM John Schneider came over from Green Bay.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have Luke Wilson who's having a greast season, and Baldwin's a class player. Their receiving corps not a patch on the Packers receiving corp though

Sky King

Reaction score
I'm not into making predictions except for these: These are different teams than the ones that met in the opener. Because of all the season long factors they have both evolved out of choice and necessity. Same teams, different circumstances.

Also, the game will not be played, won or lost in this forum. The bravado that goes with attempting to do so is amusing, though.

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle fans,

When Greenbay beats your team at your stadium, will you riot like the people in Vancouver did when their Canucks lost? LOL

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Seattle fans,

When Greenbay beats your team at your stadium, will you riot like the people in Vancouver did when their Canucks lost? LOL

*IF* Green Bay beats the Hawks, their fans will be more refined. They'll all go out to Starbucks and cry in their latte....

Rocket Hawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there and thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to this week of talking football and finding out more about the GB Squad. Anything to pass the time until Sunday!

Just my basic thoughts on Seattle:

They play a very simple concept on defense but it relates to the entire team. They play to 1) stop the run, and 2) limit explosive plays. They will work to keep the receivers in front of the secondary and make GB earn each foot on the field. AR will be able to make a lot of short timing throws, especially early in the game. Seattle and their "Triangle" or Cover 3 will be the formation throughout the game. I would count on very few blitzes from SEA, they know AR can spot them a mile away. As I said each yard will be earned.

Offensively SEA are better than you think. Russell Wilson is the highest rated QB (with over 150 throws) in playoffs history. I got this stat from www.hawkblogger.com : Over the last half of the season, the Packers led the NFL in yards per play (6.4). The Seahawks offense was third in the NFL (6.1).

From my position as an obviously biased SEA fan I am wondering how GB defense is going to do against SEA offense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hi there and thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to this week of talking football and finding out more about the GB Squad. Anything to pass the time until Sunday!

They play a very simple concept on defense but it relates to the entire team. They play to 1) stop the run, and 2) limit explosive plays. They will work to keep the receivers in front of the secondary and make GB earn each foot on the field. AR will be able to make a lot of short timing throws, especially early in the game. Seattle and their "Triangle" or Cover 3 will be the formation throughout the game. I would count on very few blitzes from SEA, they know AR can spot them a mile away. As I said each yard will be earned.

Offensively SEA are better than you think. Russell Wilson is the highest rated QB (with over 150 throws) in playoffs history. I got this stat from www.hawkblogger.com : Over the last half of the season, the Packers led the NFL in yards per play (6.4). The Seahawks offense was third in the NFL (6.1).

From my position as an obviously biased SEA fan I am wondering how GB defense is going to do against SEA offense.

Truth be told, some of us are wondering the same thing.....

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
*IF* Green Bay beats the Hawks, their fans will be more refined. They'll all go out to Starbucks and cry in their latte....
There is nothing which can turn my stomach quicker than a coffee snob crying in their latte.

I had a starbucks "barrista" look down her nose at me because I use a synthetic filter to brew my Sumatran.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think the Packers defense will be able to contain the Seahawks passing game. I have a hard time figuring out how we will contain Lynch and keeping Wilson in the pocket though.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this is the game everyone wanted and now we have it! 12's injury will be the main talking point this week and for good reason but there are so many other good story lines I hope the calf doesn't bury them. Seattle is flat out bringing it right now and the fact that the game is at The Link is just icing on the cake. I do believe our boys can win this one and I don't think it has to be the "perfect storm" scenario many are saying must occur if the Pack has any chance of pulling the upset. Does the team need to play very well? Absolutely but that's the case every week not to mention the Championship round. Seattle can be beat as their record indicates but as I mentioned they are certainly peaking at the right time. Here are a few points of emphasis that I believe will decide the game and yes I will start out with the most obvious...

1. 12's calf and it's effect on his mobility: We all know and witnessed on Sunday the importance of AR being able to move around and create plays in a crumbling pocket. Seattle is a totally different animal when it comes to scheme and pass rush and if Aaron's mobility is significantly hampered in this contest I fear that may be too much for us to overcome. If you break down his first and second half performances vs. Dallas the difference in performance is startling. The first half he seemed a touch timid (understandable) and missed many a thrown he typically hits in his sleep. Conversely the second half looked and felt like a typical 12 game as he was moving more freely and dropping dimes from different angles and body positions. We not only need but must have 2nd Half Aaron on Sunday from jumpstreet and that level of play must be there throughout the contest. I am a believer and have confidence the real AR will show up guns-a-blazin' on Sunday.

2. Run D vs Skittles: In watching the SEA/CAR game I noticed and it was actually pointed out by the announcers that both the team and fans themselves feed off of 24. The Link was somewhat docile in comparison to it's typical raucous energy until ML broke off a long run and from that point on it just seemed like it was closing time for the Panthers. The crowd went from eeehhhh to damn that's loud in 2.2 and you could see Sherman and Co. jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas who finally got that XBox they've been desiring. That was a spark play and more times than not Skittles is the one that provides this drug-like jolt the crowd and teammates get. He is going to get his regardless but eliminating the splash plays and YAC will be a must for multiple reasons.

3. GET OFF THE FIELD!!!: Russel Wilson is a pest. Plain and simple a pest. His line on 3rd downs in the Panthers game was 8/8 199 yards and 3 TD's. Read that again as that wasn't a typo. That's just stupid good. We have to get him on the ground and get off the field on 3rd down. There is nothing more demoralizing than having a 3rd and 7 only to look up and see RW baseball sliding 7.5 yards down field. To be honest with you this part of the battle is the one that scare me more than any other. Somehow, someway the kid just finds a way to move the chains and if we are to make it to the Bowl we have to find a way to reverse this trend.

4. Catch the Ball...every time: Seattle's D is really good but you can make plays on them and your margin for error is very slim. If you get some space and 12 puts the ball close you have to make the play. Some think this D is almost unbeatable and I don't feel that way. I hope and believe that when McCarthy goes back and breaks the tape from week 1 he sees that we played scared and over-respected Sherman to our detriment. We pretty much cut off half the field without ever attempting to throw his way and I think that was just foolish. We have 2 All-Pro type receivers and the best QB in the world. If he shuts them down then tip your cap and move on but I can't see us employing this strategy once again considering how it turned out earlier this season. I don't care if you are talking about PrimeTime, Rod Woodson, Reevis etc. etc. all of them got beat for big plays in their career. I actually like Sherman and his brashness doesn't bother me at all. He is educated, calculated and on top of that the best corner in the league (IMO). With all of that said there is a big difference in respecting someone and fearing someone. Attack, don't play scared and make the plays when they present themselves.

5. Special Teams and TO's: When you are playing a team of Seattles caliber you can't make foolish mistakes because more times than not they will make you pay for them. These are the games where sometimes guys try and do too much rather just doing their job...well. If a return isn't there call for a fair catch. If the window is too small don't throw the ball. If you break into open field don't let up mentally and allow the ball to be exposed just inviting a punch/strip. Focused, poised teams are the ones that win these brutal road match-ups and I think we have the right group of guys to play the necessary way to garner a positive outcome. Take nothing for granted and always have yourself ready to make "the play" because you never know when your name is going to be called!

These are my keys to the game and as I have stated many times throughout it I think we can and damnit WILL win this game. It will take a great effort and our room for error is small but if we show up and ball out I think this team of ours can beat any team any where on any given Sunday! As always...G P G!!!

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah it's damn if we do, or damn if we don't. If we beat the Pack it will be because of Rodgers leg, if we don't it's because we suck LOL.
If Seattle beats the Pack, attribution to Rodgers' leg will last for about 1 week in the news cycle. After that, a championship is forever, if that's the way it turns out. Whining about the whining of others is misspent energy, particularly before the whined-about event has even happened.

Sky King

Reaction score
...From my position as an obviously biased SEA fan I am wondering how GB defense is going to do against SEA offense.

Excellent question. This Packer defense is a much better version than what you saw in the opener but it is still a few pieces short of being elite. The DBs are all keepers, though their interception totals are strangely low IMHO, and they are not outstanding tacklers.

Obviously, Matthews and Peppers are keepers and their backups, Perry and Neal are serviceable+, and on sparse occasions have actually been play makers. Barrington is an up-and-comer big-hitter as an ILB but he has not had a true breakout game let alone a string of them. He's getting close. Perhaps, his string begins on Sunday. Hawk and Brad Jones are on the darker side of career twilight.

The DL has been comprised of mostly role players and over-achievers. Daniels is under-sized but he has a non-stop motor and plays with violence. Datone Jones shows flashes and Guion is steady enough. The rest of the DL are just guys. Collectively, they are a pretty good group barring injury at the wrong position, wrong time. Capers will need to call an almost perfect game and the players will have to execute to near perfection. The D can hold their own against the 'hawks but I doubt they can be dominant for an entire 60 minutes unless the 'hawks O is misfiring for some strange reason(s).

That said, the biggest obstacles to the D playing well enough to win, especially the front line, may be two-fold: First, they are not consistently good tacklers. Second, they do not possess the overall team speed needed to pursue Wilson or most other RBs and to contain them on the edge. Datone Jones may and there's no quit in Daniels and Guion, so those two make up for non-elite speed with their perseverence. After that, there is little hope of seeing flashes, let alone dominant play, by any of the rotational players.

Any good RB is a match-up problem for a middling tackling team, especially a power runner like Lynch. The Packers are no exception. But I'm more concerned with Wilson than Lynch. He's exactly the type of QB that gives this team fits. He runs too well and he's also a very good passer in spite of his height. His size is a liability but he never seems to absorb a full hit. The smack-talkers will try to dismiss his ability as a QB but I won't. He's a gamer with talent and that qualifies him to be an elite QB in my estimation. For me, anyway, Wilson should be the key to a 'hawks victory.

Because of Wilson's ability to extend plays and Rodgers limitations in doing so currently, the game may come down to which QB has the decidedly better day. Doesn't it always? Except in this case Rodgers injury is much like spotting the 'hawks a few more points than usual. Rodger's ability to overcome his limitations and then some should be the key to a Packers victory.

The odds makers will favor the 'hawks, and rightly so. But the game still has to be played on the field and that's where anything can happen.

Rocket Hawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3. GET OFF THE FIELD!!!: Russel Wilson is a pest. Plain and simple a pest. His line on 3rd downs in the Panthers game was 8/8 199 yards and 3 TD's. Read that again as that wasn't a typo. That's just stupid good. We have to get him on the ground and get off the field on 3rd down. There is nothing more demoralizing than having a 3rd and 7 only to look up and see RW baseball sliding 7.5 yards down field. To be honest with you this part of the battle is the one that scare me more than any other. Somehow, someway the kid just finds a way to move the chains and if we are to make it to the Bowl we have to find a way to reverse this trend.

QUOTE]

Good stuff in your entire post, but I only quoted #3 as I think it is probably going to be one of the deciding factors. For the last 6 weeks teams like: AZ, 49ers, Carolina, Rams (pretty good defenses, no?) have all said the same thing pregame: "You have to keep RW3 in the pocket, not lose contain, and get him on the ground when you have the chance. Make him beat you with his arm. " or some iteration of that comment. Sometimes we hear "use player x as a spy" or iterations of that.

Finally, last weekend a team was able to keep RW#3 in the pocket, and contain Lynch. Carolina #58 and #59 are flat out the best LB tandem there is right now. I was very impressed with Carolina's defense they did a good job. RW went 15 for 22, for 268. 3tds. That's some pretty efficient QB play. Lets face it, almost no one gets RW3 on the ground, if he gets loose, it is almost always a big play. He often looks off the easy stuff in those situations waiting for someone downfield to get open. Limit big plays and you can beat SEA. But, IMO you can't use a spy, because the spy ends up being a wasted defender, standing there hoping the rush gets home leaving a spot in the field open.

RW3 efficiency last week also illustrates how SEA tries to shorten games and use explosive plays to gain the advantage. Very low volume passing attack that moves the clock as much as the ball, and even against a juggernaut offense like GB, Pete will trust his D to keep him in the game for most of the game

Members online

Latest posts