Welcome Seahawk fans!!

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
His line on 3rd downs in the Panthers game was 8/8 199 yards and 3 TD's. Read that again as that wasn't a typo. That's just stupid good. We have to get him on the ground and get off the field on 3rd down. There is nothing more demoralizing than having a 3rd and 7 only to look up and see RW baseball sliding 7.5 yards down field.
The Green Bay Packers, to be VERY kind, are somewhat challenged by very mobile Quarterbacks...

D

Deleted member 6794

But, IMO you can't use a spy, because the spy ends up being a wasted defender, standing there hoping the rush gets home leaving a spot in the field open.

I think the Packers can contain the Seahawks receivers with a single safety high. Burnett would be my favourite choice to spy Wilson.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen this throughout the season and multiple times already this week so it's something I want to clear up.

I don't think McCarthy or Rodgers or anyone played "scared" of Richard Sherman. McCarthy's game plan was to exploit how Seattle doesn't move their CB's. For much of the game we lined up Nelson on Maxwell their number 2 CB on the left side of the field. And we lined up Cobb in the slot against their 3rd CB or slot defender. To get this advantage we had to put our 3rd WR at the time, Boykin on Sherman. And going back over the tape, credit to Sherman cause he straight up shut him down. Boykin was never really open, and as all us Packer fans should know by now if you aren't open, Rodgers isn't throwing you the ball.

The good news though is Boykin is no longer our 3rd WR, as he has been surpassed by the rookie Davante Adams who has clearly outplayed him throughout the year. So I don't think the Packers played "scared" against Sherman as much as Boykin played bad against him. And barring injury, we shouldn't have to see him out on the field again.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I don't remember where I read it but some are talking about a Seattle Three peat.
I hope that article winds up in the Green Bay bulletin board.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of curious what Packer fans thought about this:

Since 'Fail Mary,' ex-ref Lance Easley says he is battling post-traumatic stress disorder, contemplated suicide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/since-...asley-says-he-is-battling-ptsd-120929270.html

Clearly, the call was wrong, but no more wrong than many of calls the so-called "professional" officials make every week. The worst part was the timing.

I personally hope Mr. Easley finds some peace and hopefully anyone who made threats at him is eventually caught and prosecuted.

Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers, to be VERY kind, are somewhat challenged by very mobile Quarterbacks...
I agree you are being kind. The philosophy of the secondary playing so far off the LOS they are in a tertiary down-field position makes the primary instinct of the QB to avoid his Quads and celebrate Cinco De Packo in the Packers Enzone.. Either that or Capers will lose its flavoring and revert back to the old.. 3 man rush drop 18.
Oh.. GB will be behind by 2 points with 14:13 left in the 4th (this is an insider joke between me and Mk0) Bahahhaa

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since 'Fail Mary,' ex-ref Lance Easley says he is battling post-traumatic stress disorder, contemplated suicide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/since-...asley-says-he-is-battling-ptsd-120929270.html

That's really too bad. He definitely did not make the correct call and it did cost us a big game but still no one should have to go through that. It was a very human mistake and everybody makes mistakes. Hopefully can find a way to overcome his troubles

Seattlehusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just me, or has Seattle looked fairly vulnerable against the run lately? If Green Bay can get the ground game rolling like they have been lately, I think it's going to be tough for Seattle to win. After all, that's how Dallas and KC beat Seattle.

They rank #3 in rushing defense. I guess that would look like a weakness when compared to Seattle's #1 ranked pass defense. Both games Seattle was without MLB Bobby Wagner. Against Dallas they were also missing Chancellor, Maxwell and KJ Wright, 4 defensive starters.

Seattlehusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You score early and take them out of their ball control/game management offense.

Seattle has held a lead at some point in the game for a NFL record 53 straight games. Russell Wilson hasn't lost by double digits in any game during his 3 seasons. Simply put, no team has been able to take them out of their ball control plan yet, although their is always a first time.

H

HardRightEdge

Seattle has held a lead at some point in the game for a NFL record 53 straight games. Russell Wilson hasn't lost by double digits in any game during his 3 seasons. Simply put, no team has been able to take them out of their ball control plan yet, although their is always a first time.
Nobody said it would be easy. ;)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Ok, he said he was trying to put the game behind him and the depression flared up in the last year?

So in Aug of this year this comes out

http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/08/25/lance-easley-seahawks-still-laughing-expense/

Or this

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...his-fail-mary-call-b99342879z1-273693721.html

From Sept of this year

Easley appeared on "The Today Show" to, as he said, let everyone know he's OK. And, yes, he has capitalized on his 15 minutes of, um, fame. Basically, he's a bizarro Steve Bartman. In addition to his published book, "Making the Call: Living with Your Decisions," Easley served as a celebrity umpire at Richard Sherman's softball game.

One day, Easley wonders out loud, one day maybe he'll return to high school games. He has a different take on the performance of the replacement officials.

"I thought it'd be a total disaster when we went out and did that," Easley said. "And I was amazed at how well we did. People can hate my call. But my call was such a bizarre play. It's one of these calls, like the Immaculate Reception. It's weird. It's a weird-*** play. It didn't matter who the official was."

When the Packers-Seahawks clash Thursday, Easley isn't sure how or where he'll even watch it. Memories have recharged this week.

But, no, Easley has zero, none, zilch regrets about that night at CenturyLink.

"No, no," he said. "It was a blast. The whole thing. It's just life — things happen."

Not saying he isnt suffering, but those dont sound like it was a full year..

H

HardRightEdge

Kaepernick's 179 yards before contact should be burned into Packer fans' brains.

The obvious adjustment is to blitz less and play more zone, something Capers did not do against the 49ers.

Wilson's not as fast as Kaepernick, but he can do some damage if the D-backfield is playing man with their backs to the play.

H

HardRightEdge

Ok, he said he was trying to put the game behind him and the depression flared up in the last year?

So in Aug of this year this comes out

http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/08/25/lance-easley-seahawks-still-laughing-expense/

Or this

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...his-fail-mary-call-b99342879z1-273693721.html

From Sept of this year

Not saying he isnt suffering, but those dont sound like it was a full year..
Yeah, it seems as though it was only after he could no longer milk the 15 minutes of fame that we get the PTSD story. Maybe the phone no longer ringing is the source of the stress.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there and thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to this week of talking football and finding out more about the GB Squad. Anything to pass the time until Sunday!

Just my basic thoughts on Seattle:

They play a very simple concept on defense but it relates to the entire team. They play to 1) stop the run, and 2) limit explosive plays. They will work to keep the receivers in front of the secondary and make GB earn each foot on the field. AR will be able to make a lot of short timing throws, especially early in the game. Seattle and their "Triangle" or Cover 3 will be the formation throughout the game. I would count on very few blitzes from SEA, they know AR can spot them a mile away. As I said each yard will be earned.

Offensively SEA are better than you think. Russell Wilson is the highest rated QB (with over 150 throws) in playoffs history. I got this stat from www.hawkblogger.com : Over the last half of the season, the Packers led the NFL in yards per play (6.4). The Seahawks offense was third in the NFL (6.1).

From my position as an obviously biased SEA fan I am wondering how GB defense is going to do against SEA offense.

Wilson has been outstanding in the playoffs and like he said he's sort of "made for this."

I will say a few things about offense vs defense first. Seattle's pass rush is good but not awesome. Better than Dallas' to be sure, not as good as Detroit's. Packers OL has improved greatly. It's been under the radar since everyone's been slobbering over Dallas' OL, but this OL kept Detroit off Rodgers and that's saying a lot. If the OL holds up against a Seattle pass rush that won't blitz much (smart idea), it should give Rodgers some chances. Of course, the LOB is the best secondary in the NFL, so it doesn't mean instant success, however rookies Davante Adams at WR and Richard Rodgers at TE are proving their worth. Lacy out of the backfield has also been a favorite target of Rodgers, so shutting down Nelson (who did not have a good game against Dallas) and Cobb does not mean that Rodgers has no one to throw to.

Defense vs. Offense> GB's biggest vulnerability is run defense. It improved after midseason with Matthews moving inside, but against Dallas Murray run all over them in the 2nd half and would have scored a 60 yard TD if Peppers hadn't made an incredible play to strip the ball. Lynch + Wilson is a very tough assignment. Seattle's receivers aren't great but they're not bad. Baldwin has been very good and your TE fellow has stepped up. Packers have a pretty good secondary with Williams + Shields on the corners, Hayward as nickel, and Burnett and Haha Clinton-Dix at safeties. Safety play this year is light years ahead of what it was last year, which was horrible. Rookie Clinton-Dix has been a great addition, and Burnett is having his best season in years. I fully expect Burnett to move up to help with the run and with TE coverage, leaving Haha back in a cover-1. Expect man coverage.

Even though Wilson really is a playmaker, I think you still have to try and stop the run on Seattle and make Wilson beat you through the air. He may still beat you, but that's where pass rush will make a huge difference. Wilson is best when he's on the move. Peppers is going to have to keep him contained. Matthews will probably play some OLB, some ILB. Packers are a faster defense now than they were when Kaepernick burned them in the playoffs, but to do well against a great running QB you have to be very disciplined. I think the Packers will get a pass rush. Seattle's OL is not that good, and against Dallas' vaunted OL Romo was under pressure a lot. Wilson is way more mobile than Romo by Texas mile and he probably won't get sacked 6 times, but pressure can disrupt as much as a sack count.

H

HardRightEdge

San Diego went up 20-7 on Seattle and held on to win. The Seahawks ran the ball only 13 times. In fact, Seattle ran only 40 plays and could not get Rivers off the field as he threw under the safeties all day.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Packer fans for welcoming us 12s to join the conversation. I expect nothing less than an exciting game, and I know Packers fans, like Seattle's, travel well, so I expect to see a lot of you out here. A Panthers fan who flew out was amazed at the Seattle fans, noting that almost all were wearing Seahawks jersey's, costumes, and face pant, where as back in North Carolina most Panther fans wore khakis and polo shirts he noted. I think there is only one other fan base which gets as crazy and that is Green Bay, so its fitting that we ended up together playing this Title game.

Seattlehusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Diego went up 20-7 on Seattle and held on to win. The Seahawks ran the ball only 13 times. In fact, Seattle ran only 40 plays and could not get Rivers off the field as he threw under the safeties all day.
Yep. That's when they were trying too hard to get Percy Harvin the ball at the expense of the rest of the offense. It was also nearly 120 degrees on the field in San Diego.

With that said, Philip Rivers played a hell of a game. Kam Chancellor had real problems covering Richard Sherman too.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The blazing sun sure helped, especially when the temperature on the field at kickoff reached 120 degrees. Chargers wore their white jerseys to force the Seahawks to way the dark blue which is far worse to wear in that heat. It was brutal conditions to play in, but true to form Seattle battled to the end. The Chargers played a well coached game, and took advantage of the heat to wear out Seattle defense.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson has been outstanding in the playoffs and like he said he's sort of "made for this."

I will say a few things about offense vs defense first. Seattle's pass rush is good but not awesome. Better than Dallas' to be sure, not as good as Detroit's. Packers OL has improved greatly. It's been under the radar since everyone's been slobbering over Dallas' OL, but this OL kept Detroit off Rodgers and that's saying a lot. If the OL holds up against a Seattle pass rush that won't blitz much (smart idea), it should give Rodgers some chances. Of course, the LOB is the best secondary in the NFL, so it doesn't mean instant success, however rookies Davante Adams at WR and Richard Rodgers at TE are proving their worth. Lacy out of the backfield has also been a favorite target of Rodgers, so shutting down Nelson (who did not have a good game against Dallas) and Cobb does not mean that Rodgers has no one to throw to.

Defense vs. Offense> GB's biggest vulnerability is run defense. It improved after midseason with Matthews moving inside, but against Dallas Murray run all over them in the 2nd half and would have scored a 60 yard TD if Peppers hadn't made an incredible play to strip the ball. Lynch + Wilson is a very tough assignment. Seattle's receivers aren't great but they're not bad. Baldwin has been very good and your TE fellow has stepped up. Packers have a pretty good secondary with Williams + Shields on the corners, Hayward as nickel, and Burnett and Haha Clinton-Dix at safeties. Safety play this year is light years ahead of what it was last year, which was horrible. Rookie Clinton-Dix has been a great addition, and Burnett is having his best season in years. I fully expect Burnett to move up to help with the run and with TE coverage, leaving Haha back in a cover-1. Expect man coverage.

Even though Wilson really is a playmaker, I think you still have to try and stop the run on Seattle and make Wilson beat you through the air. He may still beat you, but that's where pass rush will make a huge difference. Wilson is best when he's on the move. Peppers is going to have to keep him contained. Matthews will probably play some OLB, some ILB. Packers are a faster defense now than they were when Kaepernick burned them in the playoffs, but to do well against a great running QB you have to be very disciplined. I think the Packers will get a pass rush. Seattle's OL is not that good, and against Dallas' vaunted OL Romo was under pressure a lot. Wilson is way more mobile than Romo by Texas mile and he probably won't get sacked 6 times, but pressure can disrupt as much as a sack count.

I'm still not sold on this secondary versus top Qb's. It's only ranked 10th in the league because it beats up on mediocre quarterbacks. Romo had a grand total of four incompletions and we got beat over the middle over and over. Ha Ha took a few bad angles and the tackling sucked. So while I agree the best chance of stopping the Seattle Seahawks offense is to stop Lynch and contain Wilson I still think the secondary is going to get burned badly. Wilson is a better pocket passer than he gets credit for. And the Seattle receiving corps is underrated. Which is why I think this whole game might come down to forcing a turnover or two on defense.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems as though it was only after he could no longer milk the 15 minutes of fame that we get the PTSD story. Maybe the phone no longer ringing is the source of the stress.
You every hear the one about walking a mile in a man's shoes?

H

HardRightEdge

You every hear the one about walking a mile in a man's shoes?
There are 6-7 billion sets of feet on this earth, perhaps as many as 2 billion that don't have shoes, and there are 8 million stories in the naked city. That requires some selectivity.

In this case, I have little sympathy for the guy since he tried to monetize his notoriety and then claim a stress disorder as a byproduct.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll say this much, the Seattle fans who came to visit our board so far have been decent folk by and large. It's like night and day compared to the Seattle comments after the McCarthy article in PFT.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry – OK, let me get this straight. You talk me into sharing the ride with you for 2000 miles, all the way from Green Bay to Seattle only to watch our Packers get their butts kicked. And now your alternator died, and we are stuck here in Seattle in the pouring rain?
Phil – Hey! I’d get it fixed but you blew all of our money at the King Street Bar. Seriously, did you really think we had a chance picking up Seattle girls wearing those Cheese Head hats?
Jerry – Well I actually think that redhead liked me. She did tell me a joke, “What’s slower than a Packers cornerback? Bertha”. I didn’t get the joke, but we had a good laugh.
Phil – Oh brother! Next time I’m flying……Alone