Week 6 - Packers at Bears (Pre Game and After Game thread)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great points. You know me, the old skeptic. I see a mobile, athletic QB and I see a Packers defense getting pummeled and having a career day on the ground. Just having flashbacks, that's all! You are right though. Fields has been pedestrian so far, and his team is a bit depleted as well, so I think the Packers D should be just fine. Thanks for bringing me off the ledge....again
You are having visions of Michael Vick 2002.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh most definitely. We quietly took an early season injury beating. I think Jenkins is a huge part of our success at OL. When we can get both Elgton and David back on the field simultaneously? Watch out. It’s like us suddenly getting a couple oxygen tanks on a 18,000 foot mountain climb.

As far as Jaylon, many others have discounted him, but I can assure you that he is out to prove a point. I think it will also be interesting to see a pair of dreadlocks in the middle and if he plays up to par we’re going to have a fierce LB pair in the middle.
As far as Jaylon goes I'm not worried that he will not contribute. He will have something to prove and I think he will have some nice days for us. What concerns me a little is, after listening to some of his critics, is that he will have a few big gafs that really hurt us at the most inopportune time.

Its kind of like King. On average he may not be the worst guy to have out there but it seems his screwups are huge and very costly.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Jaylon goes I'm not worried that he will not contribute. He will have something to prove and I think he will have some nice days for us. What concerns me a little is, after listening to some of his critics, is that he will have a few big gafs that really hurt us at the most inopportune time.

Its kind of like King. On average he may not be the worst guy to have out there but it seems his screwups are huge and very costly.
Well King has already proven that. Give Jaylon HIS chance to screw up. But unlike King you have to admit Jaylon appears to have stayed on the field. King is known for being AWOL.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Jack Heflin
Dennis Kelly
Kevin King
Isaiah McDuffie
Vernon Scott

That means Elgton Jenkins will play today.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Chicago inactives:

J.P. Holtz, TE
Nick Foles, QB
Breshad Perriman, WR
Caleb Johnson, LB

Which unfortunately means we will probably see Robinson, Hicks and Mack

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-7 at half. Sort of surprising but it is a rivalry game. Hope ML makes some adjustments. I just have a feeling that all these games, this year, will be nail biters and ulcerfests.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears tears responding to Rodgers end zone scream are delicious. Saw one highly liked tweet mention that Bears fans and Aaron's family both hate Aaron. Also mentioning how Aaron only has one ring and propping up Brady. Enjoy dominating these losers now. I'm not taking this moment for granted!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago inactives:

J.P. Holtz, TE
Nick Foles, QB
Breshad Perriman, WR
Caleb Johnson, LB

Which unfortunately means we will probably see Robinson, Hicks and Mack
We beat maybe the best defense we will see all year yesterday. Maybe the Rams are a tad better.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We beat maybe the best defense we will see all year yesterday. Maybe the Rams are a tad better.
While I don't know a lot about other teams, I can't imagine that the Bears Secondary is considered to be a top one. Their front 7, when heathy, is pretty formidable though. Nice to get back to back wins on the Road, against average to good teams.

There are 3 teams left on our schedule that I feel will be tough wins. Arizona, LA and KC.

If our secondary isn't healthy by the AZ game, we are in some serious trouble. I think they have one of the top 5 receiving groups in the NFL. We at least get the Rams at home in Late Nov. The Chiefs are beatable at home, but will be a tough W.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I don't know a lot about other teams, I can't imagine that the Bears Secondary is considered to be a top one. Their front 7, when heathy, is pretty formidable though. Nice to get back to back wins on the Road, against average to good teams.

There are 3 teams left on our schedule that I feel will be tough wins. Arizona, LA and KC.

If our secondary isn't healthy by the AZ game, we are in some serious trouble. I think they have one of the top 5 receiving groups in the NFL. We at least get the Rams at home in Late Nov. The Chiefs are beatable at home, but will be a tough W.
The home field helps against LA. Although this year we get Stafford instead of Goff when we play them.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The home field helps against LA. Although this year we get Stafford instead of Goff when we play them.
They are a much better team with Stafford at QB. I also love their receiving group: Kupp, Woods, Van Jefferson, DeSean Jackson and Higbee.

Stafford leads the NFL with a QBR of 75.

Kupp is only 15 yards behind Davante for the year, but has 7 TD's, compared to Davante's 2.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At Baltimore and home XMAS day vs. Cleveland will be 2 very tough teams with defenses good enough to cause trouble plus match-up issues for our defense. Ravens running QB plus they run the ball efficiently and Cleveland when healthy has the best (yes slightly better than GB as of now) RB combo in the league. To not have these 2 teams on a list of good defenses and tough games left is an oversight IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
At Baltimore and home XMAS day vs. Cleveland will be 2 very tough teams with defenses good enough to cause trouble plus match-up issues for our defense. Ravens running QB plus they run the ball efficiently and Cleveland when healthy has the best (yes slightly better than GB as of now) RB combo in the league. To not have these 2 teams on a list of good defenses and tough games left is an oversight IMO.
Good points on the Ravens. I am hoping that the Browns lose some more games and by Christmas, they have played themselves out of a playoff spot, but yes, they also are pretty decent.

If you want to look for other intangibles, both the Seahawks and Rams will be coming to Green Bay after they each have had their bye week. That can be good and bad. For the Packers, they go to KC after a mini bye week (Thursday night game) and the next time they play the Bears at Lambeau, will be after the Packers full bye week.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns could have stayed in that game with the Cardinals. 3 turnovers resulting in 13 points and two red zone trips in which the passed on the FG and turned it over and downs. They were forced out of their run game and Mayfield started slinging. One of their Yes came on a Hail Mary or it would have been uglier.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

I agree with this take, but would also add that the prospect of going up against Lamar scares the hell out of me. And historically, Baltimore has a really good consistent defense. Just held the Chargers to 6 points. Yikes!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
None of these aforementioned teams scare me. Bring em on!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with this take, but would also add that the prospect of going up against Lamar scares the hell out of me. And historically, Baltimore has a really good consistent defense. Just held the Chargers to 6 points. Yikes!
The NFC North got a bit hosed/unlucky this year with having to play all the teams in the AFC North and the NFC West. Add to that, the Packers 2020 1st place North finish drew them the Saints and Chiefs (17th game) for their uncommon opponents. Tough schedule, so to be 5-1 right now is pretty impressive.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seattle game to me depends on if Russ is back or not as to how tough I rank it. Their defense is not so good IMO.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The NFC North got a bit hosed/unlucky this year with having to play all the teams in the AFC North and the NFC West. Add to that, the Packers 2020 1st place North finish drew them the Saints and Chiefs (17th game) for their uncommon opponents. Tough schedule, so to be 5-1 right now is pretty impressive.
Last season the "pathetic" NFC east drew the same two divisions.

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point I'm more concerned about playing the Ravens than the Chiefs. Their offense leads the league in turnovers and their defense has struggled mightily.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts