Week 6 - Packers at Bears (Pre Game and After Game thread)

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF & AR need to use a similar gameplan mentality to the SF game... get the ball out of AR's hands quickly. The only strength the Bears have is their DL & pass rush. Minimize their affect on the game & the Packers have a win.
Bears will use their edge rushers again. Cobb and our TE will put us in the lead, then our secondary(with the exception of that good one) will give up the game to a field goal. me thinks.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Bears will use their edge rushers again. Cobb and our TE will put us in the lead, then our secondary(with the exception of that good one) will give up the game to a field goal. me thinks.
I'm surprised you think the Bears are going to win. They are not really that good. The only thing they have is a pass rush. I think the Packers can scheme around that. Get the ball out quickly. The big difference is the Packers can score points. The Bears are dead last in passing in the league with a putrid 566 yards on the season. They only have one good WR in Allen and now they are down to their 3rd string RB.

This is not to mention that it sound like Hicks is trending towards not playing with the Packers getting at least Myers back and probably Jenkins too. It just all is adding up to the Packers being a better team. Sure, it all gets settled on the field, but I would be disappointed if they lose this one.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope Fields doesn't have a field day running the ball. I trust that Barry will have a sound plan but these rivalry games can be tough.
i agree with your second sentence. but in his three starts, fields has only rushed for 25 yards total. and he's only completed 29 passes. i'm not too worried about him having a field day. but hopefully the packers defense will keep him producing at about the same level.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
i agree with your second sentence. but in his three starts, fields has only rushed for 25 yards total. and he's only completed 29 passes. i'm not too worried about him having a field day. but hopefully the packers defense will keep him producing at about the same level.
Bears are most likely going to be forced to start their 4th string RB (if you count Tarik Cohen, who started the season on the PUP list). Fields is listed as having knee and rib issues, but will play. Allen Robinson did not practice again yesterday, so he would be a big loss.

The Bears offense absolutely doesn't scare me and as long as the Packer offense can get on track, I see them running away with this one. 34-10

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Bears are most likely going to be forced to start their 4th string RB (if you count Tarik Cohen, who started the season on the PUP list). Fields is listed as having knee and rib issues, but will play. Allen Robinson did not practice again yesterday, so he would be a big loss.

The Bears offense absolutely doesn't scare me and as long as the Packer offense can get on track, I see them running away with this one. 34-10
That would be a huge loss. Then their best target would be Jimmy Graham!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised you think the Bears are going to win. They are not really that good. The only thing they have is a pass rush. I think the Packers can scheme around that. Get the ball out quickly. The big difference is the Packers can score points. The Bears are dead last in passing in the league with a putrid 566 yards on the season. They only have one good WR in Allen and now they are down to their 3rd string RB.

This is not to mention that it sound like Hicks is trending towards not playing with the Packers getting at least Myers back and probably Jenkins too. It just all is adding up to the Packers being a better team. Sure, it all gets settled on the field, but I would be
The Bear's O is on the brink of flatlining. The current circumstances give the Packs an obvious win given everything is set in motion. But what excitement is there when you win against a beat up team? I'm just trying to make this exciting. Now in terms of rational analysis, had this Bear's team been healthy they could have found a weakness in our secondary and held us to a very close game with their D.

So with that said...the Bear's QB is going to run the ball as if his life depends on it and give the Bears an edge.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
had this Bear's team been healthy they could have found a weakness in our secondary and held us to a very close game with their D.

So with that said...the Bear's QB is going to run the ball as if his life depends on it and give the Bears an edge.
I think you are giving Justin Fields way to much credit. Not to mention that he suffered both rib and knee injuries after taking several hits against the Raiders. Yes he will be playing, but even healthy, I don't think the Bear offense is all that good with Fields at QB. For the season, he has one TD and 2 Int.'s. As I said before the draft, the Buckeyes always seem to have good QB's at the college level, but when they get to the NFL, not so good. I hope Fields continues that tradition.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said before the draft, the Buckeyes always seem to have good QB's at the college level, but when they get to the NFL, not so good. I hope Fields continues that tradition.
I think Fields has the necessary physical & mental traits to be an above average NFL QB... but he's saddled with Nagy's horrible gameplan/play calling AND a dearth of offensive talent around him he won't be for a while. Having given away their #1's & 2's for Mack and also to bring Fields to Chicago he won't have much success until 2nd contract & he's somewhere else (e.g. Darnold, Alex Smith)

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are giving Justin Fields way to much credit. Not to mention that he suffered both rib and knee injuries after taking several hits against the Raiders. Yes he will be playing, but even healthy, I don't think the Bear offense is all that good with Fields at QB. For the season, he has one TD and 2 Int.'s. As I said before the draft, the Buckeyes always seem to have good QB's at the college level, but when they get to the NFL, not so good. I hope Fields continues that tradition.
But you are talking about the Da Bears. They make QBs elite and they carry the team to SBs, what a minute..... Seriously with our secondary anything is possible. Just he Bear's descent D could have helped Da Bears.

With that said Justin is the best running back in the league right now!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is not to mention that it sound like Hicks is trending towards not playing with the Packers getting at least Myers back and probably Jenkins too. It just all is adding up to the Packers being a better team. Sure, it all gets settled on the field, but I would be disappointed if they lose this one.
Many a time it is hard to determine the Packer Bear winner just by roster and records except when there is a HUGE distinction. Throw everything out. With that said the Bears can win IF their defense keeps them in the game or if ours falls apart. Last year their plan was to execute 12 play drives ending in a TD or FG while using up clock and keeping A Rod off the field. Not a bad plan. Be ready for it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many a time it is hard to determine the Packer Bear winner just by roster and records except when there is a HUGE distinction. Throw everything out. With that said the Bears can win IF their defense keeps them in the game or if ours falls apart. Last year their plan was to execute 12 play drives ending in a TD or FG while using up clock and keeping A Rod off the field. Not a bad plan. Be ready for it.
Agree. Stats work on paper but is useful to only analyze things. ANYTHING can happen. High probability is only attained when there is no opposing force enacted. In this case with our current circumstances, it's a likely win but as you pointed out our D can achieve anything whether it's good or bad. lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now THIS is a Holiday shirt!

Attachments

• 244558973_1031880670942670_4874065900604080103_n.jpg
    244558973_1031880670942670_4874065900604080103_n.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 92

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will never count the Bears out. Their cheerleaders are very effective tools to get the crowd pumped up and that causes a chain reaction to energize Da Bears.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And then someone whines about someone being offended. And then someone whines about the person whining about someone being offended. Etc. Etc. Whiners have and will always exist. Best to accept and forget it. FOOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Reaction score

This will be a nice test for the current state of our Offense against yet another good Defense at their house.

Just win baby. Each week is 1 week closer to MVS or Bakhtiari or J’aire getting back.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This will be a nice test for the current state of our Offense against yet another good Defense at their house.

Just win baby. Each week is 1 week closer to MVS or Bakhtiari or J’aire getting back.
Getting both Jenkins and Myers back, as well as Jaylon Smith being ready to go is good too. Sounds like King is definitely out.

Reaction score
Getting both Jenkins and Myers back, as well as Jaylon Smith being ready to go is good too. Sounds like King is definitely out.
Oh most definitely. We quietly took an early season injury beating. I think Jenkins is a huge part of our success at OL. When we can get both Elgton and David back on the field simultaneously? Watch out. It’s like us suddenly getting a couple oxygen tanks on a 18,000 foot mountain climb.

As far as Jaylon, many others have discounted him, but I can assure you that he is out to prove a point. I think it will also be interesting to see a pair of dreadlocks in the middle and if he plays up to par we’re going to have a fierce LB pair in the middle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers getting Bakhtiari and Alexander back would be huge. I don't think MVS returning makes a whole lot a difference though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As far as Jaylon, many others have discounted him, but I can assure you that he is out to prove a point. I think it will also be interesting to see a pair of dreadlocks in the middle and if he plays up to par we’re going to have a fierce LB pair in the middle.
IF and when Z-Dog gets back, we will have "The Smith Family" playing on D, dreadlocks and all!

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great points. You know me, the old skeptic. I see a mobile, athletic QB and I see a Packers defense getting pummeled and having a career day on the ground. Just having flashbacks, that's all! You are right though. Fields has been pedestrian so far, and his team is a bit depleted as well, so I think the Packers D should be just fine. Thanks for bringing me off the ledge....again

Members online

Latest posts