Week 3: Packers away at Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

I keep forgetting to submit my posts to you for pre-approval. My bad!

While on the subject, maybe you should make a header for all your posts: "Warning: This is Arrogant Drivel."
And here I thought I would need to demonstrate how petulant you are :laugh:. You're doing it for me!
You seem to have anger/tantrum management issues.

So, what do you conclude from that -3 spread? Are you taking the points? That's hardly a petulant question. Stating that the spread reflects points going to the home team was a pretty obvious observation while absent a conclusion.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If (and we don't know), Rodgers has an MCL sprain as many have speculated given the mechanism of injury, he will get better simply with time and rest.

H

HardRightEdge

If (and we don't know), Rodgers has an MCL sprain as many have speculated given the mechanism of injury, he will get better simply with time and rest.
No rest for the weary. I expect they'll be in there with a scope to clean it up when the time comes.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I don't think it's a trap game whatsoever. Frankly, we aren't that much better than the Skins. Them winning wouldn't even be a mini upset.
I think you are grossly underestimating the Packers. The Packers will win easily this weekend.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
No rest for the weary. I expect they'll be in there with a scope to clean it up when the time comes.

I know your impulse is to correct every post on the forum, regardless of whether or not it needs correction, but Rodgers' knee improving with rest (if the injury is actually the one that's speculated) and potentially need a scope in the offseason are not mutually exclusive outcomes.

And here, I'll save you the trouble.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know your impulse is to correct every post on the forum, regardless of whether or not it needs correction, but Rodgers' knee improving with rest (if the injury is actually the one that's speculated) and potentially need a scope in the offseason are not mutually exclusive outcomes.

How dare you say anything positive about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers? "Correction" from our "friend" coming in 3....2....1....;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what the NFL announced, using the Matthews film as teaching film on what not to do, I am guessing that pretty much every coach and player on defense is scratching their heads as to whether they should hit the QB or not.

You know, I had this long post all written up and then I decided this whole situation is just ******** so I deleted it (lucky for you guys)

If this play is a textbook example of an illegal hit then it is just a bad rule plain and simple.

Some star defensive player is going to seriously injure himself trying to adjust on the fly when making a tackle and all the league will be able to do is say "at least the QB didn't get hurt"

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You know, I had this long post all written up and then I decided this whole situation is just ******** so I deleted it (lucky for you guys)

If this play is a textbook example of an illegal hit then it is just a bad rule plain and simple.

Some star defensive player is going to seriously injure himself trying to adjust on the fly when making a tackle and all the league will be able to do is say "at least the QB didn't get hurt"

Guessing what you had written up to post was pretty close to the way most of us are feeling, as well as most of the media and even non-Packer fans. One comment I can't stand hearing is "Well the Packers b*tched about the Rodgers hit that broke his collar bone and now they got their just rewards". F you! That call would have been bad last week, last year or whenever. If that is the call they are going to make every week and I said this before, at the end of the season I want the NFL to put a tape together of all the "legal" hits on QB's.

I am really starting to wonder if the NFL execs think at all before they speak and act. Seems like everything they do is a gut reaction with no forethought and just a simple "we walk on water and we don't give a F about what anyone else thinks".

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

I know your impulse is to correct every post on the forum, regardless of whether or not it needs correction, but Rodgers' knee improving with rest (if the injury is actually the one that's speculated) and potentially need a scope in the offsesaon are not mutually exclusive outcomes.

Right, they are not mutually exclusive. See, we agree on something. By all appearances, it's a Grade 2 MCL with perhaps a little something else going on. Ordinary human beings would stay off it for 2-4 weeks, not running around while taking sacks and hits on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

From a homer standpoint, the league backing the Matthews call is to the Packers advantage. With a team this reliant on QB performance with no affective backup, and a gimped up franchise to boot, any deterrant affect is a plus.

If this is the way they're going to be calling it, and they call it consistently, of course it's contrary to what we know to be tackle football. But the game evolves, and if it is played well within the confines of these rules, it is still worth watching.

What's clear is there is no going back. Owners want to avoid at all cost their $80 and $100 mil guarantees and an entire football operation built around that guarantee to go to sh*t.

H

HardRightEdge

The quetion that is begged is whether Rodgers' injury is a liability to the Packer offense so long as it doesn't get worse and he doesn't develop an arm issue with altered mechanics. I'd say effectiveness is not degraded under those conditions, if not actually improved. We're a long way removed from the 2011 aerial circus. Defenses adapt. The extend-and-take-a-shot staple has yielded increasing misses and fewer hits as the years have worn on.

So far, Rodgers accuracy has not been affected by the injury. In fact, it has never been better. The offense has been effective in ball control passing mode with the deep shots more selective. 3 go routes are now non-existant, 2 uncommon, downfield calls are one go and intermediate crosses and outs. Getting the ball out faster more often is clearly the priority. And it works.

To digress from the topic, the stretch runs have been most affective, whether with Williams or Montgomery, with the entire line on the move and the runner picking his hole. 6, 7, 8 yard chunks regularly on those runs. These line bucks with Williams, with G's and C reach blocking and even pulling to the hole have not been a good look. I don't know if the point of those Williams line bucks is to keep the LBs in to open short passing lanes, but Williams for 1 or 2 yards on first down is not going to get it done over the long haul.

Reaction score
I read your first part and immediately all I could envision was this...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Great idea..Hold that thought! We might need a jump start if things start to get stale in the District of Columbia.

H

HardRightEdge

How dare you say anything positive about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers? "Correction" from our "friend" coming in 3....2....1....;)
See, if I were your buddy Dantes, I'd sling some passive-agressive disparagement your way. But you misunderstand in more ways than one. I'm nearly a 60 year Packer fan, going back to the Lombardi years growing up in Milwaukee. I'm still a Braves fan dating back to those days. I'm simply not a cheerleader or a homer looking for likes. When you've seen it all, the glory days, the dark decades, the revival, you come to this with some circumspection. At least you should. And unless you're betting money on outcomes, it should be no more than a serious hobby and not some life or death proposition.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, if I were your buddy Dantes, I'd sling some passive-agressive disparagement your way. But you misunderstand in more ways than one. I'm nearly a 60 year Packer fan, going back to the Lombardi years growing up in Milwaukee. I'm still a Braves fan dating back to those days. I'm simply not a cheerleader or a homer looking for likes. When you've seen it all, the glory days, the dark decades, the revival, you come to this with some circumspection. At least you should. And unless you're betting money on outcomes, it should be no more than a serious hobby and not some life or death proposition.
I'm not Dantes, but thanks for the life story buddy.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Oh, the delicious irony!

H

HardRightEdge

So you quote me and then type a message directed at someone else....You know what they say...You can't fix ******.
Gee, I went back to find the error you so kindly pointed out. Lo and behold, there was none. You're right you can't fix ****** if it isn't there.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not that it was ever really in doubt, but Rapoport says Aaron Rodgers is listed as questionable and is expected to practice tomorrow. Barring a setback, he should be good to go Sunday.

Oren Burks (shoulder), Davon House (biceps), Josh Jones (ankle) are listed as questionable.

Kevin King (groin) has been ruled out.

Reaction score
We’re wise to let King get some rest. I hope we don’t rush anyone back in, but at the same time I’m excited to what Burks can bring

D

Deleted member 6794

Not that it was ever really in doubt, but Rapoport says Aaron Rodgers is listed as questionable and is expected to practice tomorrow. Barring a setback, he should be good to go Sunday.

Oren Burks (shoulder), Davon House (biceps), Josh Jones (ankle) are listed as questionable.

Kevin King (groin) has been ruled out.

With Burks being listed as a full participant in practice all week I expect him to play on Sunday. The Packers would be extremely thin at cornerback if House isn't able to go.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee, I went back to find the error you so kindly pointed out. Lo and behold, there was none. You're right you can't fix ****** if it isn't there.
I come back to this board after one year and you are still being a complete **** to everybody. Some things never change. Get a life dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts