Week 3: Packers away at Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Onwards and Forwards!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Redskins: 1-1. They beat the Cardinals 24-6 in Week 1 and then lost to Colts 21-9 in Week 2 and got boo'd by home fans!

Offence:

- Their O-Line was abysmal even against a mediocre Colts D. Perhaps this is where we see beginnings of Clay resurgence ;)
- The have problems connecting their QB and WRs and mostly relied on short passing to the slot receiver.

Defence:

- Inconsistent run defence. Stopped David johnson and then went awol next game. Not sure if they'll turn up for our match or not.
- Bad pass rush, which should help in keeping AR12 safe. Keep Swearinger in control and we should see them off.

We should win this.

Packers 34 - 6 Redskins

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Redskins have made hay on offense throwing to Chris Thompson out of the backfield.

In week one, Thompson went 6 for 63 and a touchdown.

And this week, he had 13 catches for 92 yards.

The Packers allowed Cook to catch 3 for 52 yesterday in the Viking's losing effort, and Howard/Cohen accounted for 8 for 41. Caveat on the Bears' total, Trubisky's incompetence left some yards on the field.

Pettine will need to tighten that up, lest they get picked apart by the RB passing game that Smith and Gruden seem to love this year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers PO'd. Take out their frustrations on the shell shocked magenta toned Aboriginals.

Packers 37 Skins 13

Pettine continues to dial in his defense. Aaron Jones injects some pop into the offense. Pack plays with a chip on their collective shoulders after getting bent over by the refs last week.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This easily can become a trap game. The skins typically play the Packers tough. They need to come out fast and keep the pedal on the gas and not look back. Make the one dimensional and let our CBs showcase their skills.
They should start Gilbert and have Mathews come in every so often, but we need a Dline that can actually create pressure for once

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Aaron Jones and his 5 yards per carry.

Aaron Jones should be back, and that should give the ground game a lift.

Interesting to see who gets bumped from the 53 to make room for Jones - Let's hope it's not Kevin King to the IR.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers PO'd. Take out their frustrations on the shell shocked magenta toned Aboriginals.

Packers 37 Skins 13

Pettine continues to dial in his defense. Aaron Jones injects some pop into the offense. Pack plays with a chip on their collective shoulders after getting bent over by the refs last week.

And Clay finally gets a hit on the QB that doesn't draw a flag.

Unfortunately the hit it will be Clay running into Smith's Porsche in the parking lot and the NFL will view it as a violation of the conduct policy and suspend him for 2 games.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins have made hay on offense throwing to Chris Thompson out of the backfield.

In week one, Thompson went 6 for 63 and a touchdown.

And this week, he had 13 catches for 92 yards.

The Packers allowed Cook to catch 3 for 52 yesterday in the Viking's losing effort, and Howard/Cohen accounted for 8 for 41. Caveat on the Bears' total, Trubisky's incompetence left some yards on the field.

Pettine will need to tighten that up, lest they get picked apart by the RB passing game that Smith and Gruden seem to love this year.

Very true, although in Cook's case he'll generally probably have more open space due to Diggs and Thielen. The Redskins can still pick up yards that way, but I'm betting if they have to rely on that all game, their offense will be in trouble.

Obviously, don't want to get caught in a trap game like 2010, and Alex has had some good games against us in the past. But if they don't get a deep threat established at WR/TE, I can't really see them winning.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who?
Oh yeah the team with the racist name.
They really should change it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk this game makes me nervous. Skins are a scrappy team. Packers need to play a COMPLETE game and go on a hot streak

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones should be back, and that should give the ground game a lift.

Interesting to see who gets bumped from the 53 to make room for Jones - Let's hope it's not Kevin King to the IR.
Jackson is probably getting cut for Jones. I really hope it's not King to IR again.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson is probably getting cut for Jones. I really hope it's not King to IR again.

That makes sense - a RB for an RB. If Jackson made any serious contribution to the cause, I must have missed it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather cut one of the WRs.
Moore or St. brown could be as well. They're inactive anyway, either has a reason to keep or a reason to cut and with the performance of those ahead of them I don't see them being anything more than inactive every week

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlike Moore and St. Brown, Tonyan absolutely played his way and earned a spot on this 53. I'd rather they cut Kendricks at this point, though they seem to be using him more this year already, but he's done here after this year anyway. Graham is obvious why he'd stay, but he isn't young. Mercedes is being saved for later. He's a long time vet and has a specific role on this team. They aren't going to put him out there 30-40 snaps a game in September. BUt he's going to be play a lot more in Nov- thru Feb. But he's done after this year too. He almost retired after last season. GB has no other TE's, and Tonyan would be gone. he's not going to make it to a PS, I don't think GB let's him go.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I would love to see AR on the sidelines in the 4th quarter because the score got completely out of hand.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins sign Breshad Perriman & Michael Floyd.

Not sure how effective both would be against us if they play, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts